homepage

OT: Experimental Aircraft Association - Oshkosh, Wisconsin 2017

Posted By: stljeffbb

OT: Experimental Aircraft Association - Oshkosh, Wisconsin 2017 - 08/03/17 06:03 PM

Hello everyone...I wanted to share some experiences of my visit to the EAA Oshkosh "Airventure" show last week. I only live about two hours away by car, so a fairly easy trip for me.

Cutting to the chase, there was only one plane there that fit the WWI era this year (that I could find anyway). It was a nice replica of a Bleriot XI:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I met the custodian of this aircraft, and he mentioned that there about five Bleriot replicas at a small, country airport just a few miles from where I live (he called it "center of Bleriot activity in America")...neat-o!

I was disappointed in the lack of WWI representation (last time I went a few years ago, they had many WWI replicas, and the person in charge of displaying the Bleriot confirmed this), but lots of other cool things going on, mostly WWII and later.

Regards,

Jeff
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: OT: Experimental Aircraft Association - Oshkosh, Wisconsin 2017 - 08/03/17 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by stljeffbb
Hello everyone...I wanted to share some experiences of my visit to the EAA Oshkosh "Airventure" show last week. I only live about two hours away by car, so a fairly easy trip for me.

I met the custodian of this aircraft, and he mentioned that there about five Bleriot replicas at a small, country airport just a few miles from where I live (he called it "center of Bleriot activity in America")...neat-o!

I was disappointed in the lack of WWI representation (last time I went a few years ago, they had many WWI replicas, and the person in charge of displaying the Bleriot confirmed this), but lots of other cool things going on, mostly WWII and later.

Regards,

Jeff

Wow, I was impressed with the lack of floor in the Bleriot which is probably an advantage when landing, because you can see the ground coming up. Kind of reminds me of a "Fred Flintstone" vehicle! biggrin
© 2024 SimHQ Forums