homepage

Honest opinion please on WOFF UE over WOFF 2

Posted By: SgtWilson

Honest opinion please on WOFF UE over WOFF 2 - 07/10/17 06:29 PM

Evening everyone.
As the title says, I have WOFF 2 with Ankors stuff and it plays very well and in the brief moments I get to fly this thing I am usually fully immersed and apart from a few stutters have no real issues.
I really would like to buy UE but after being recently laid off and being very skint at the moment it would be a luxury and so really need to know if there is enough difference to warrant a purchase.
Thanks smile
Posted By: dutch

Re: Honest opinion please on WOFF UE over WOFF 2 - 07/11/17 05:22 PM

I can not do any judgement on your situation, but if the choice is between schoolbooks for your childern or WoFF UE, I would sell my complete system.
:-)
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: Honest opinion please on WOFF UE over WOFF 2 - 07/11/17 05:39 PM

Its always hard to judge value for someone else because both their preferences and finances are usually in a different place than ones own. Having prefaced with that, I personally found that UE is well worth the upgrade. There are lots of goodies in there that add value to the campaign experience. About the only people I found who didn't like UE were folks who fly multiplayer in other sims. Well clearly WOFF UE wasn't going to make them happy since it's not a MP sim. But for anyone looking for a top notch single player campaign experience, WOFF UE has received universally high praise. I think it raises the bar nicely above 2 and 3.

Re: Honest opinion please on WOFF UE over WOFF 2 - 07/11/17 06:00 PM

If you like the immerse of Woff then the UE is even more. Fact is you miss a lott of new introduced planes and mods mostly only works for UE.

But again I can not make an advice for you, if being an WW1 flysim fan then get UE, no discussion here. Do your readings here to make an easier choice.
Posted By: carrick58

Re: Honest opinion please on WOFF UE over WOFF 2 - 07/11/17 06:35 PM

My advice would be to stay with WOFF 2 till U find work then save and get UE. It is worth saving for.

Re: Honest opinion please on WOFF UE over WOFF 2 - 07/11/17 08:18 PM

Thanks chaps...Going to get it next week then as long as it's still on offer....I put a little money away for our anniversary.....I'm sure she'll understand
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: Honest opinion please on WOFF UE over WOFF 2 - 07/12/17 12:31 AM

Of course she will.
And good call. UE is a big step up IMHO.
Posted By: Packham

Re: Honest opinion please on WOFF UE over WOFF 2 - 07/12/17 06:19 AM

im really new in woff UE, has been a great discover for me. I come from rof and the depth of this sim is incredible and with historical accurate details.
Posted By: Brigstock

Re: Honest opinion please on WOFF UE over WOFF 2 - 07/12/17 08:10 AM

If you have Woff2 and Ankors Shaders and are unemployed, my opinion is save your money and wait until you have work again.
UE is pretty expensive even with a sale on.
Stick with WoFF2 and save your money for something more useful

Re: Honest opinion please on WOFF UE over WOFF 2 - 07/12/17 03:50 PM

Hi Steve see your posting about selling your UE at: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4326376/gonew/1/for-sale-woff-ue#UNREAD

If you are selling your UE, then this could also be intresting for the TS.
Posted By: Brigstock

Re: Honest opinion please on WOFF UE over WOFF 2 - 07/12/17 04:12 PM

Dutch you are right, but I think even £25 quid when you have WoFF2 already and no job is a lot of cash
Posted By: Sandbagger

Re: Honest opinion please on WOFF UE over WOFF 2 - 07/13/17 04:02 PM

All sorted now I believe - thanks Steve yep

Re: Honest opinion please on WOFF UE over WOFF 2 - 07/15/17 09:49 AM

Guess he did buy the UE from Steve http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4326376/gonew/1/sold-woff-ue#UNREAD

Are we do welcome an new member?

Re: Honest opinion please on WOFF UE over WOFF 2 - 07/25/17 09:53 AM

I would just like to say a big thanks to Steve_F and Sandbagger for going the extra mile in helping me get in the air with WOFF UE.
After a few problems getting my old TrackIR set up properly I'm now really enjoying this.
The main improvements I've seen over WOFF 2 are better frame rates, better visual damage modelling, bullet holes with Hi res skins and more options in the workshop.
The scope of the campaign is huge and very immersive. I've just started a British and a French campaign...I've just discovered the beauty of Alsace...
Anyway..Thanks again for all of the help and advice.This is a great community and it's great to be part of it ..:)

Re: Honest opinion please on WOFF UE over WOFF 2 - 07/25/17 03:47 PM

Welcome new UE member. Just get into the MS-parasol and fly from the Belfort airstrip, just enjoy the ride.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums