homepage

Fokker E.III

Posted By: stoney66

Fokker E.III - 07/06/17 08:46 PM

Wasn't there a video tute on how to fly this aircraft? It is one of my favorite to fly but I'm sure the real one could NOT have been this difficult to operate.
Posted By: Rick_Rawlings

Re: Fokker E.III - 07/07/17 12:21 AM

Hear, hear! According to my research the eindecker could fly on it's side, carry a ton of bombs and generally wreck face! Why has OBD given us this underpowered deathtrap in place of what history clearly shows was the air superiority vehicle of 1918?
Posted By: Stache

Re: Fokker E.III - 07/07/17 01:16 AM

I found a discussion here - http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36205

Here is another link with a review from an actual flight. https://books.google.com/books?id=M...i%20flight%20characteristics&f=false

Posted By: stoney66

Re: Fokker E.III - 07/07/17 07:29 PM

Thanks gents, I do appreciate the info. But I remember a vid where a fellow was describing various maneuvers in a WOFF Fok. E.III. He was describing the best use of the rudder over the wing warping to achieve sustained level flight and combat movers. I just wanted to view it again as it was interesting to me.
Posted By: OvStachel

Re: Fokker E.III - 07/08/17 12:30 AM

The main advantage of the E.I-III series is that it was a gun platform which the entente had no answer for at the time. It was not the fastest, most maneuverable or reliable plane for its time, it was just capable of bringing a lot of firepower to a target in close range and wreak havoc.

Other than that aspect, it was a death trap for the inexperienced. Keeping in mind... aviation was only 10 years old when the E.I was first taking flight.

The wing warping concept was the flavor of the day, which is probably the WORST way to control an airfoil. Given that, one would expect the E.I/II/III to be very difficult to fly.

I think the E series FM in WOFFUE is spot on for what you would imagine out of a such a primitive plane design.

All the best,

OvS
Posted By: Mortuus

Re: Fokker E.III - 07/08/17 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Rick_Rawlings
Hear, hear! According to my research the eindecker could fly on it's side, carry a ton of bombs and generally wreck face! Why has OBD given us this underpowered deathtrap in place of what history clearly shows was the air superiority vehicle of 1918?

Hahaha! What a coincidence, I just saw that movie and spent the whole drive home complaining bitterly about that scene to my friends. They were not amused.
Posted By: Nietzsche

Re: Fokker E.III - 07/15/17 04:50 PM

Hi all.
Sorry for the late Reply - a lot of work, currently...
You probably mean this:

Fokker Training

I still have to make the Combat-Training-Video... I'll try to do that within the next Weeks...

Greetz, Nietzsche
Posted By: Stache

Re: Fokker E.III - 07/16/17 08:46 PM

Nice video Nietzsche.

I think you should add more tags / description to YouTube info.

This would help make it easier to find when doing a search.

e.g. WOFF "Wings over Flanders Fields" Eindecker WW1 "World War 1" "Fokker EIII"
Posted By: Nietzsche

Re: Fokker E.III - 07/17/17 04:36 PM

Oh, I already have tagged it - I guess it's hard to find, because it is a bit older and has only been watched a couple of times.
The Combat- Video might take some Time... just got another Project, today... but I'll start making it asap...
© 2024 SimHQ Forums