homepage

abort mission

Posted By: Packham

abort mission - 07/03/17 08:11 AM

hi
my first post in this great community.

i want to know if is possible abort a mission in mid fligh ill try to explain..is possible start a mission in campaing again and again if you wish ? reasons; disgraceful results or you must left the sim in your fly to objetive.

thanks in advance, great wwi sim.
Posted By: Hermani

Re: abort mission - 07/03/17 09:55 AM

Hi Packham, welcome to the forum!

If I understand it correct you mean that you want to abort your mission and refly the same mission again?

I think it is possible but you wil have to use JJJ65's Mission Editor mod.
You can get it in the mod section of this forum.
Takes a bit to learn to use it but once you get the hang of it , it's an unmissable program to improve this already excellent sim!
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: abort mission - 07/03/17 09:58 AM

If I am understanding you correctly it is not possible to re-fly a mission in the campaign. Time, and the war, marches on and you have to live with your success or failure.

Now it is possible to "save" a campaign mission and fly it is a single mission later as much as you like but it will not count toward your campaign.

With enough file manipulation, and some renaming, it might be possible to re-use it, on the fly, in a campaign but Hellshade (or was it OldHat?) would be your "go-to" guy for that as he did some similar work with historical missions IIRC.

EDIT: Simultaneous post with the above.

Re: abort mission - 07/03/17 10:17 AM

Hermani & Duke, thanks.
It would be better for my boys to face their fate.

Re: abort mission - 07/03/17 11:10 AM

That's how I do it.
If I get some particularly annoying outcome I just restart the campaign.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: abort mission - 07/03/17 12:38 PM

Packham

You could use the pilot backup utility to ensure you don't lose a pilot to a system failure or another type of bad experience. You will find the tool on the mods site.
Posted By: MFair

Re: abort mission - 07/03/17 12:53 PM

Peckham, welcome to WOFF!
Posted By: Polovski

Re: abort mission - 07/03/17 02:45 PM

You can set pilot never dies in workshop, then if you die in a way that you "like" then stop using the pilot, otherwise live to fight on.

Re: abort mission - 07/03/17 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Robert_Wiggins
Packham

You could use the pilot backup utility to ensure you don't lose a pilot to a system failure or another type of bad experience. You will find the tool on the mods site.

Thank you Robert.
I did forget about your invaluable tool, which I admit to sometimes using, if something particularly spectacular occurs like the 1 in 500 chance of starting "underneath" the flight line with associated mass squadron casualties. Been a while since I have seen that.

But in normal combat wear & tear I usually take my lumps and restart but I restart constantly not just for death anyway.
If I have not flown a certain saved career for a while I will usually just restart it. Kind of a "flow thing."

Re: abort mission - 07/03/17 04:34 PM

Thank you all for your advices. Everything is really new to me.
Posted By: cptroyce

Re: abort mission - 07/03/17 05:52 PM

Welcome to the "mess tent" Packham. You will find the immersion second to none.
Posted By: stljeffbb

Re: abort mission - 07/03/17 06:12 PM

Yes indeed, welcome Packham! smile
© 2024 SimHQ Forums