homepage

Forced to land...

Posted By: Macklroy

Forced to land... - 04/14/17 03:54 AM

Hey all. In my latest French campaign I was forced to land behind enemy lines after my nieuport took an archie hit and drained my fuel tank. I managed to escape back to my squadron! Hooray!....However, after I successfully landed and exited the mission, ALL of A and B flight were missing! They were up and flying still when I landed. Should I have compressed time and let them return to base? Is that the only way to assure that squad mates who are alive and well return to fight another day?
This one mission has crippled my escadrille due to the loss of 5 pilots and 6 aircraft. frown
Posted By: CW3SF

Re: Forced to land... - 04/14/17 04:30 AM

I think so. But to be sure the real experts will sound off ASAP.

But first--- Welcome to our great group of folks. Very helpfull in all matters that are even loosly conected to flying is what this bunch is all about.

Did I miss your first post where you let us know all about youself? If so, let us get to know you --- all of the W's please.

CW3SF
Posted By: Banjoman

Re: Forced to land... - 04/14/17 04:47 AM

Macklroy, that's the safest play. If you quit the mission while everybody is still out and about then you will run the risk of something bad happening to them.
Posted By: Rick_Rawlings

Re: Forced to land... - 04/14/17 06:19 AM

On the other hand, sometimes you have that one wingman whom you just can't stand...
Posted By: MFair

Re: Forced to land... - 04/14/17 09:54 AM

Macklroy, your on the right track. Banjoman is correct. When one is forced down behind enemy lines it is best to turn on labels to see where your mates are, compress time, and when they are back over your own lines, exit mission. In your situation, after a few days, some or all of your squad should make it back in a few days.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Forced to land... - 04/14/17 01:16 PM

MFair has hit the nail on the head! Put on maximum time compression (12) and wait awhile to give your mates a chance to return back across the lines. Then you can exit the sim.
Posted By: Macklroy

Re: Forced to land... - 04/14/17 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by CW3SF
I think so. But to be sure the real experts will sound off ASAP.

But first--- Welcome to our great group of folks. Very helpfull in all matters that are even loosly conected to flying is what this bunch is all about.

Did I miss your first post where you let us know all about youself? If so, let us get to know you --- all of the W's please.

CW3SF

First off: Thanks for the replies gents. I was fortunate enough to get back alive myself. I suppose I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. smile

CW3SF - I'm not a newbie...although maybe a 'born again' newbie. wink

I was introduced to OFF during the BH&H iteration. Played through HitR and the original release of WOFF. Have been 'on leave' for quite a time and just now with the UE getting back into the saddle. As for the W's.

Who: Todd 'Macklroy' - (been my gaming moniker for as long as I can remember.
What: Avid aviation enthusiast since my early teen years.
When:...well present.
Where: I hail from Northern California. Burning Beard and I live just a stone's throw from each other. Grew up in the same town he lives in currently in rural California.
Why: Because WOFF and what OBD have developed is the pinnacle of flight sims. And stick/rudder/guns separate the men from the boys!

Saulte*
© 2024 SimHQ Forums