WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/10/17 11:47 AM

A new update for Wings Over Flanders Fields: Ultimate Edition is now available,

Please see here
Posted By: Adger

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/10/17 02:04 PM

Thanks for your continued work Pol,Winder, and all at OBD cheers
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/10/17 02:52 PM

Excellent. I will be interested to see what effects, if any, switching to 32 bit render depth will have. Thanks for still improving WOFF UE even as you guys build WOtR.
Posted By: BuckeyeBob

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/10/17 03:13 PM

Thanks, Pol

The weather fixes are mostly "atmospheric," no pun intended, with changes mostly to the daily weather descriptions from the "Meteorological Unit." Hopefully, most of the descriptions should more closely track the type of weather actually encountered on that particular day.
Posted By: ArisFuser

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/10/17 03:24 PM

Update page not available ?
Posted By: Polovski

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/10/17 03:26 PM

It seems to have disappeared again, great.. will look into.

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/10/17 03:39 PM

Whole site is down. nope

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/10/17 03:50 PM

Should be back now

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/10/17 03:54 PM

thumbsup

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/10/17 04:00 PM

Working now! whoohoo
Posted By: 77_Scout

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/10/17 04:54 PM

Got it. Thanks for the continued work on the patches!
Posted By: Hermani

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/10/17 07:15 PM

Thank you for the great support!

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/11/17 11:10 AM

I kind of feel like we may already be getting some of the easier to port benefits from WOTR into WOFF UE. The graphics rendering update, for instance, is my guess that it was something they have done in WOTR and decided it could be fairly easily brought into WOFF. I could be totally wrong. Just a suspicion on my part.

That said, I have only noticed one instance of very, very slight blue triangles since the patch. Much more flying is needed, but is there any chance that change in rendering depth could impact rendering speed / performance? Just curious. Anyone else notice a reduction in blue triangles or just me hallucinating, as I often do. smile

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/11/17 12:06 PM

32 bit would have been used anyway Hellshade, as 16 bit is not available on Windows 8,10 etc. So any difference there is placebo I am afraid.
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/11/17 12:06 PM

Hellshade, I have a feeling you could be totally wrong.
As I understand it, they've simply dropped the 16-bit colour depth support - 65,536 colours. We are now using the 32-bit - 16,777,216 + alpha. I'm pretty sure you've been using 32-bit colour depth all this time, so there should be no change at all. OBD are simply trimming the fat. And I also could be totally wrong.

Edit: And Pol beat me to it.

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/11/17 12:21 PM

Well it's not the first time I have been totally wrong and the only way it will be the last time is if I'm dead soon. Lol Thanks for the info. Must be just placebo effect.

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/11/17 03:07 PM

No worries smile

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/11/17 05:58 PM

Placebo possibly here too, but I seem to get better performance after 4.15....

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/11/17 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by ArisFuser

Ok, I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not seeing what I'm seeing and you're not helping!! LOL j/k

Maybe it just has something to do with certain weather and ground tile sets being more prone to showing the effect than others and we just happen to be on a lucky streak. Could be this weekend I fly a ton more missions and they start to show back up again.
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/11/17 07:06 PM

Hellshade:
Remember it was Ankor who said that it is the way the CFS3.exe "draws" the scene that causes the blue triangles and no matter what, he could not completely eliminate them with his shaders.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/11/17 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Hellshade

Ok, I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not seeing what I'm seeing and you're not helping!! LOL j/k

Maybe it just has something to do with certain weather and ground tile sets being more prone to showing the effect than others and we just happen to be on a lucky streak. Could be this weekend I fly a ton more missions and they start to show back up again.

For what it's work, I still get those blue triangles occasionally and it seems to occur mostly when I am panning with trackIR.

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/11/17 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Robert_Wiggins

For what it's work, I still get those blue triangles occasionally and it seems to occur mostly when I am panning with trackIR.

I still get them occasionally also, but less often and they are less pronounced. Whenever it does happen, it's when I am panning in TrackIR too while close to the ground and looking at least partially at the ground.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/11/17 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Robert_Wiggins

I still get them occasionally also, but less often and they are less pronounced. Whenever it does happen, it's when I am panning in TrackIR too while close to the ground and looking at least partially at the ground.

+1 thumbsup
Posted By: CaptSopwith

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/12/17 01:26 PM

Hi Pol!

Thanks again for yet another great update. You are releasing them faster than I can play them! (Granted, RL has been swamped lately but even so... biggrin )

Cheers! cheers
Posted By: Bronnx

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/13/17 12:49 PM

Excellent. I will be interested to see what effects, if any, switching to 32 bit render depth will have. Thanks for still improving WOFF UE even as you guys build WOtR.

By the way, Hellshade, do you know how many aircrafts, maps will be for WotR?
Not as many as Woff, right?
Thank you

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/13/17 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bronnx

By the way, Hellshade, do you know how many aircrafts, maps will be for WotR?
Not as many as Woff, right?
Thank you

I have no inside information on WOTR. I can make a presumption that it is not likely the sim will ship with 80 flyable aircraft simply because getting to that number in WOFF took over 10 years and multiple versions of the sim. I doubt OBD can accomplish that same feat in 2 years with a smaller development team. As far as maps go, WOFF UE only has one huge map. Since WOTR will initially take place on the western front, I'm guessing it will contain the same map updated for the realities of WWII. Once again though, I have no inside info and everything I have said is pure speculation. Hopefully in the coming months OBD will start to leak screenshots and info. They are shooting for the first phase release in the last quarter of 2017...which is tentative, not written in stone.
Posted By: Bronnx

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/14/17 01:24 AM

Thanks, Hellshade
Does the SweetFx works for you, guys, after the latest patch ?
I'm using Sweetfx for Woff 1 2 3 v1 20 by Bucksnort ( JSGME ) but is not working anymore

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/14/17 10:48 AM

Thanks, Hellshade
I'm using Sweetfx for Woff 1 2 3 v1 20 by Bucksnort ( JSGME ) but is not working anymore

Sorry Bronnx but I don't use SweetFX. I think DukeIronhand does though.
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/14/17 10:54 AM

Thanks, Hellshade

Yes, it works fine. You just have to modify d3d8.ini file located in folder WOFFScenery/Shaders as follows
[D3D8]
; Change to NoMultisampling=1 for SweetFX compatibility, but it will disable ingame antialiasing.
NoMultisampling=1
Posted By: ARUP

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/27/17 01:02 AM

Thanks for fixing the DH-5! S! A beer or two for you ... and me!

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.15 available - 04/27/17 09:14 AM

You are welcome ARUP. One of my favourites to make - glad you have it working now.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums