homepage

Another WOFF UE moment

Posted By: lederhosen

Another WOFF UE moment - 03/19/17 04:12 PM

One of those magical WOFF UE moments. March 1916 with No.48 sqn Bristol F2b.

“A” flight 2 machines, “B” with 3. Pilots all dressed and waiting for those wireless boys to ring up and send us on another wacky pursuit mission.
We’re all playing cards when the phone goes. “B” flight get of your -----! Info as to where to look around etc… of course we know the Hun will be long gone when we get there.
Oh well off we go.

Weather: low clouds and hazy with periods of rain. Super for searching!

Anyway, as expected no one is home.
Cloud and Haze don’t help much either. We find “A” flight arriving. Out of curiosity I press the labels button just to see if any Hun is around.
Sure enough they are but we can’t see each other..labels off. Keep patrolling up and down the lines.
Suddenly, way off to the east appears alone speck! A Hun I cry and tally ho. It’s a lone Alb DIII who may have been on a lone wolf patrol.

Now the RL part… He is interested and flies towards us. No sooner can I make out his type and the Hun turns east.
I’m not going to chase all them KM over..perhaps he’s bate! Labels on and it does say that he’s running for home.
So, I thought we might as well go home too. Just like books we read.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: Another WOFF UE moment - 03/21/17 10:01 AM

Lots of views but no comments - still good to hear when people find those moments of immersion or actions in the sim that echo what you read from WW1 lederhosen
Posted By: HarryH

Re: Another WOFF UE moment - 03/21/17 07:59 PM

Well I think that's RL and what makes this sim special! Nice one Lederhosen.

H
Posted By: MFair

Re: Another WOFF UE moment - 03/22/17 11:32 PM

Aren't they nice! All of my flights are special but now and again you have one that just makes you say "Wow." Thanks for sharing yours.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums