homepage

Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics

Posted By: Hellshade

Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/23/14 04:43 PM

I really love the interface of WOFF, but the one aspect that I thought could be more immersive was the pictures it would put up while loading into a mission. A gas mask, a hand gun, a grenade, etc. They are great pictures, but I felt like they didn't really get me in the mood for air to air combat, so I made a little mod using some in game screen shots that I took to replace the stock ones that come with WOFF.

So instead of hand grenades, gas masks or goggles like this:

you will see one of 15 different in game screen shots, such as these.

The mod is in JSGME format, so all you should have to do is extract it into your JSGME Mods folder and activate it. If you don't like the screenies, you can always use it as a template to make your own pictures. Hope you enjoy it.

NEW LINK WITH FIXED SCREENIES AND PROPER FOLDER STRUCTURE. (I missed some pixels in the first version. Thanks matt!)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyvp2d4k783id38/Hellshades%20Screenshots%20Fixed2.zip

salute
Posted By: Andy73

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/23/14 04:57 PM

Thanks! I like it thumbsup
Posted By: SkyHigh

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/23/14 05:06 PM

Thank you, great idea.
Posted By: ArisFuser

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/23/14 05:43 PM

Thanks a lot Hellshade!!
Posted By: UK_Widowmaker

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/23/14 06:20 PM

Nice one!!!
Posted By: Nowi

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/23/14 06:30 PM

Yea, I'm getting tired of the Lugar and the .45. Thanks.
Posted By: Hauksbee

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/23/14 08:33 PM

Spot on, Hellshade! Now, is there a mod that gets rid of that silly damned cat?
Posted By: Madmatt

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/23/14 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Hauksbee

That's easy enough to do. I did two things to keep it from playing although it's possible just deleting the video file would be enough.

Here is what I did:

On windows 7 at least, you need to edit the:C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\AppData\Roaming\OBD_Games\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\ConfigOverrides.xml file and change the entry:
<DisableIntroMovie val="n"/>

to

<DisableIntroMovie val="y"/>

I also searched and deleted the intro movie file itself. I can't recall what it was called or it's specific location but I would guess that its probably located in \OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\Videos (same place as where the end credits movie is). I can't remember for sure as I removed it immediately upon getting the game.

Madmatt

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/23/14 10:23 PM

Hellshade, looks like you wanted to add a curved edge to your pics but you missed a few pixels so some of them bleed through at the corners. See here for an example:

Madmatt
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/23/14 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Hauksbee

OOPS, now you done it! You've invoked the wrath of Winder! nope
Posted By: cptroyce

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/23/14 11:26 PM

Yeah Hauks..

I wouldn't fool with the beloved old brown dog..

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/23/14 11:34 PM

New link with fixed edges posted.
Posted By: MeneMene

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/24/14 01:19 AM

Are you using ENB or SweetFX for those shots? If so, what are your settings?

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/24/14 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By: andqui
Are you using ENB or SweetFX for those shots? If so, what are your settings?

FlightFX GUI w/ SweetFX. All of my settings are listed about 1/2 way down the page on the thread link below.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3876800/36

You can see the same settings in action in my last two movies:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3915783/BLOODY_APRIL_Campaign_mission_#Post3915783

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3915568/RFC_54_Campaign_Engagement_vid#Post3915568

Posted By: manitouguy

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/24/14 02:53 AM

hi guys, i too had a post on something similar - in it had asked if any of you knew where the pocket watch image was hiding so we could swap it out too

any ideas?

regards, ron
Posted By: JimAttrill

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/24/14 09:26 AM

I'll be glad to see the last of the RAF Mk VIII WW2 goggles even though I owned and wore a pair once on my motorbike. The opposite of 'immersion'.

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/24/14 10:26 AM

I installed JSGME and then put this mod into the MODS folder. Ran JSGME and activated the mod. Ran WOFF and I got all the same old stuff. Is there something else I have to do?

Edited: I had an 'extra' folder ie 'screenshots fixed' and then 'screenshots'. Got rid of the fixed one and now it all works ok.

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/24/14 11:10 AM

ACK! I see what I did. The top folder of the .zip was called "Hellshades Screenshots Fixed". That shouldn't be a folder at all. Made a new version. My screw up. Updated front page link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyvp2d4k783id38/Hellshades%20Screenshots%20Fixed2.zip

That should do it Jim.

The Mods folder goes in C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF.

The extracted files from the .zip should go in
C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\MODS\Hellshades Screenshots\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\Campaigndata\Nations

Be sure to deactivate and then reactive the mod after you make the change.

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/26/14 04:16 AM

Not sure anyone still needs this info but I found the intro video that needs to be renamed (removed) to keep the dog/cat intro video from playing.

Its located in: OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\ShellMusic
and the file is called:OBDSplash.wmv

Rename that to something like OBDSplash_.wmv and that doggy will appear no more...

Madmatt

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/26/14 04:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Madmatt
Not sure anyone still needs this info but I found the intro video that needs to be renamed (removed) to keep the dog/cat intro video from playing.

Its located in: OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\ShellMusic
and the file is called:OBDSplash.wmv

Rename that to something like OBDSplash_.wmv and that doggy will appear no more...

Madmatt

Oh no!! That's sacrilegious to the poor old mascot!! Shame on you!!

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/26/14 12:45 PM

Can I go back to the OFF doggy?

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/26/14 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: JimAttrill

everything is possible if you make your changes a JSGME mod.

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/27/14 12:53 AM

Of course but you would need to copy the video from your OFF folders and rename it to the current WOFF filename and put it into the file path I listed above.

Madmatt

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 02/27/14 07:39 AM

Damn. I have just uninstalled OFF sigh

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 03/21/14 01:41 AM

Just a bump in case anyone missed this and would like a little change in their WOFF Manager graphics.
Posted By: Pat_Pattle

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 03/21/14 06:32 PM

Great idea and screenshots, I quite like the 'stock' images, especially the gauntlets but there's ways room for variety. smile

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 03/22/14 12:39 PM

I activated it from the MODS folder but nothing has happened. What folders should appear in the MODS folder?
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 03/22/14 12:47 PM

I activated it from the MODS folder but nothing has happened. What folders should appear in the MODS folder?

First of all, where is your JSGME.exe located ???

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 03/22/14 01:25 PM

it is in WOFF/OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields/

The MODS directory is in the same place.

JSGME seems to work fine for the NEWS update (though it's hard to tell).

The download unzips as /Hellshades Screenshots/OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields/Campaigns/CampaignData/Nations/ and then a lot of bitmaps Busy1 to Busy16.bmp

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 03/26/14 11:21 AM

No, as Hellshade has told me, the MODS folder must be in the WOFF folder. Then JSGME works fine!

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 03/26/14 11:26 AM

Glad you got it all sorted out sir. Enjoy. salute

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 03/27/14 09:10 AM

Hellshade would you mind if I used your fantastic template for adding variants to this mod? I may upload it (only) with your permission...

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 03/27/14 09:51 AM

You may make whatever changes you wish sir and feel free to share your variants. Looking forward to seeing what you've done. salute

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 03/27/14 10:23 AM

Thanks Hellshade! thumbsup

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 04/01/14 03:17 PM

Hellshade, as promised here you are, a Screenshot mod I use, only for personal use, includes pics from the great artist Russell Smith (and some others).JGSME ready, just drop to Mods folder.

Aris Screenshot Mod

Some samples...

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 04/01/14 03:20 PM

Ingame,..

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 04/01/14 03:52 PM

Looks fantastic! I will be downloading and installing this when I get home. Thanks for sharing sir!
Posted By: Blazing88s

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 04/01/14 07:46 PM

Will this work if I don't use JGSME mod manager?

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 04/01/14 08:13 PM

If you manually drop the files and backup originals, YES. thumbsup
Posted By: Blazing88s

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 04/03/14 01:28 AM

Good. Thx AF. thumbsup
Posted By: Tyrconn

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 04/06/14 03:23 PM

Trying to add this mod using JSGME, I get the following message:

Folder "OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns" has already been added by the "WOFF News mod V3.0" mod.
Folder "OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\Campaigndata" has already been added by the "WOFF News mod V3.0" mod.

Should I just proceed or am I doing something wrong?

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 04/06/14 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Tyrconn
Trying to add this mod using JSGME, I get the following message:

Folder "OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns" has already been added by the "WOFF News mod V3.0" mod.
Folder "OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\Campaigndata" has already been added by the "WOFF News mod V3.0" mod.

Should I just proceed or am I doing something wrong?

Can u give us a screen shot of your woff directory showing the mods folder and then one showing the directory structure of the mod u are trying to apply?
Posted By: Tyrconn

Re: Hellshades Screenshot Mod - Replaces some stock WOFF loading pics - 04/06/14 06:02 PM

Here you go, hope it helps.

© 2024 SimHQ Forums