homepage

Star Citizen 2.1 available on the public server

Posted By: strykerpsg

Star Citizen 2.1 available on the public server - 01/15/16 05:03 AM

Just released the 2.1 to the public server. with a few more flyable birds, I'm going to give her a fresh go.

Star Citizen 2.1
Posted By: Ratcatcher

Re: Star Citizen 2.1 available on the public server - 01/15/16 08:39 PM

Im really enjoying this now. Sure theres a long way to go, its still crashing ( but a lot more stable than it was ). FPS is still an issue... but boy does it immerse me.

Today I flew out in my Hornet, went across to an abandoned station looking for clues about some womans husband thats disappeared ( one of the first missions which have recently been added )...

I approach the station, the landing pads damaged, so I open my canopy and float out. EVA into the station and have a look round. Just standing there looking at the scale of the station is truly immpressive. It gives a sense of scale other games Ive played have not even come close to!

Theres no gravity so I just continue to EVA inside and draw my pistol as I start floating down some dimly lit corridors. ( Check those corners... Check those corners )

Some other player flies in, destroys my ship ( how very rude! ) and then trys to hit me with his ships guns while I hover around the entrance, his ships lights slowly creep across the entrance, as I duck for cover.

He eventually bugs out, ( obviuosly bored but too chciken to try and flush me out, lol ). I put out on local coms if anyone could pick me up. Some guy calls out that hes in a Freelancer and is on his way. Next thing he drops into orbit and I EVA out to his ship. He's already dropped the back airlock and I float inside. We then head off into the wild blue ( black ) yonder!

And this is Alpha, not bad...not bad at all.
Posted By: K6_Scorpion

Re: Star Citizen 2.1 available on the public server - 01/16/16 07:31 PM

Played a little of the 2.1 release this morning. I had one crash during the few hours I was on and the framerate has improved a little. Seemed like the longer I stayed on the server, the lower the framerate got. Had few new things happen like spawning my M50 would spawn it in motion out in space and I couldn't catch it.

Still having fun with it
Posted By: EAF331 MadDog

Re: Star Citizen 2.1 available on the public server - 01/16/16 08:00 PM

So, once you log in how do you get out adn fly? I only ran around in a small city type thingiebob...

Re: Star Citizen 2.1 available on the public server - 01/16/16 09:29 PM

You either log into "Universe", from there you either select Arccorp ( small city type thiningebob wink ) or Port Olisar. Thats the one you want to go for. ( You can also get the same choice through your hanger by going out the large blast doors and into the lift. )

From there you wake up in your bed, jump out and go to the ship selection room, hit a terminal and get to choose your ride!

From there the worlds your oyster... or rather your world is the small system that they have released so far!
Posted By: K6_Scorpion

Re: Star Citizen 2.1 available on the public server - 01/24/16 03:46 PM

I'm enjoying the ICC probe missions... The area that it's sent me too so far with the huge asteroids is pretty cool.

Re: Star Citizen 2.1 available on the public server - 01/25/16 05:21 PM

Hey that first shot is great!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums