homepage

New Pilot

Posted By: RockEye

New Pilot - 12/08/17 12:33 AM

Hello all...well I picked up IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad on the Steam sale. I am not new to sims but I haven't flown in a long time so I have a few quick questions. I have watched videos on YouTube and have a start up procedure but I am taking it the cockpits are not clickable? Also my old HOTAS died and I have read nothing good about Saitek so I picked up the TM 1600. Not a bad little set up but its not all that great for DCS A-10c so I am looking at getting the Warthog. Do you guys recommend that or should I go with something else. I read that the Warthog is amazing with the A-10 but not so much with other sims. Please let me know.

Thanks
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: New Pilot - 12/08/17 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by RockEye
... IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad.... I have watched videos on YouTube and have a start up procedure but I am taking it the cockpits are not clickable?

Your work for start/stop engine is just pres the "magical E" key and watch a scripted animation (a bit fast) of engine starting. Cockpit controls are not interactive (clickcable).
Posted By: rollnloop.

Re: New Pilot - 12/08/17 07:35 AM

Warthog is amazing for jet sims.

You may use your TM1600 with warthog throttle to play BoX for better comfort.
Posted By: mdwa

Re: New Pilot - 12/08/17 08:28 AM

I got a Warthog a couple of years ago and couldn't recommend it enough. The solid quality of materials and construction is excellent compared to the plastic cheaper sticks. It was well worth the cost.
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: New Pilot - 12/09/17 01:05 AM

The question of Warthog in WW II games - wheres what matter is keep gunsight crosshair over the bandit*, is that their plastic gimbal may has stiction what associated to their heavy spring, needed too keep the ~1Kg or grip centered, plus their "mix" of forces of compress spring gimbals difficult small movements around the center, why people say that today are better "tools" for this purpose, joysticks with CAM gimbal.

But eventually look for a extension for Warthog, this help in suavize movements around center due the leverage added.

* What may matter in competitive online environment, but not so much for casual SP player.

Posted By: Art_J

Re: New Pilot - 12/09/17 06:40 PM

Stick with your T16k for now. I've got a Warthog and unmodded it was good for jets, but with abysmal internal design and quality it was mediocre at best for WWII birds. I say "was", 'cause I sanded, regreased and most importantly - extended it a lot, so now it performs as it should from the beginning. Still very nice throttle unit, though.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums