homepage

Stuka front view centering problem

Posted By: Aces High 2

Stuka front view centering problem - 03/03/14 07:40 PM

Hi,

Does anyone else have this problem, all other aircraft are fine. I cannot get the view in the Stuka to centre forward. I have mapoped a key to centre track IR and this works v ery well with all other aircraft but the Stuka where it doesn't centre the view facing forward making the aircraft impossible to fly.

Regards

Aces
Posted By: Master

Re: Stuka front view centering problem - 03/03/14 07:42 PM

You hit f10 and it messed up your default view file. God only knows why they didnt make it ctrl-f10 so that it was harder to do.

You need to go into your plane folder and delete the stucka view file. Then the game will rebuild it and it will center. Then go into settings -> controls -> view find f10 and delete it or remap it to ctrl-f10.

Then NEVER HIT IT AGAIN!

Re: Stuka front view centering problem - 03/03/14 07:48 PM

Thanks mate, I'll try that although I thought I'd already changed it from F10 to l-shift F10.

Regards

Aces
Posted By: piper

Re: Stuka front view centering problem - 03/04/14 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Master
You hit f10 and it messed up your default view file. God only knows why they didnt make it ctrl-f10 so that it was harder to do.

You need to go into your plane folder and delete the stucka view file. Then the game will rebuild it and it will center. Then go into settings -> controls -> view find f10 and delete it or remap it to ctrl-f10.

Then NEVER HIT IT AGAIN!

^^^^ This!

Master's post should be stickied for as many times as I've accidentally done it.
Posted By: Hooves

Re: Stuka front view centering problem - 03/04/14 04:16 AM

Well the F10 part is correct however the delete the file part is NOT. all you need to do is use the INS, HOME, PAGE up, PAGE dn, Del, End keys to adjust your default view.

If you have track IR pause it, then hit F10, adjust with said keys, then hit F10 again to save. Please know what you are talking about before you tell someone to delete something.

Re: Stuka front view centering problem - 03/04/14 08:38 AM

Thanks guys,

Could try this out as the access finished before I could get back in. I didn't delete any files as it looked wrong anyway I'd always back them up before deleting, old habits die hard smile. I was aware of the seat adjustment procedure I've used in other aircraft.

I'll try and sort this when I'm next in the game.

Kind regards

Aces

Re: Stuka front view centering problem - 03/04/14 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Hooves
Well the F10 part is correct however the delete the file part is NOT. all you need to do is use the INS, HOME, PAGE up, PAGE dn, Del, End keys to adjust your default view.

If you have track IR pause it, then hit F10, adjust with said keys, then hit F10 again to save. Please know what you are talking about before you tell someone to delete something.

If you want the default view position back then you need to delete the view file. (unless you can no longer do that in BoS?)

Re: Stuka front view centering problem - 03/05/14 05:04 PM

So, I am not sure you can delete the file and have the game rebuild it. That used to be how it worked with RoF but no clue about BoS.

So go into your "gamelocation"/data/LuaScripts/snapviews folder and find the one that is broken. Then open it in notepad and restore the proper settings.

Here is a good topic on how it works in RoF.

http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=393&t=40277

Re: Stuka front view centering problem - 03/09/14 11:48 AM

Thanks for your help I've sorted it out.

I backed up and deleted ju87d3.svc and ju87d3_t.svc. The game re-made ju87d3.svc but not the other. I'm guessing that the second file is for the turret view as only turreted aircraft seem to have one. I used the controls to change the seat position and saved tham. I have F10 mapped to pilot head position front and also to TrackIR centre and checked that I had changed the save seat position from F10 to l-shift F10.

Regards

Aces
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: Stuka front view centering problem - 11/11/22 05:40 PM

This works with my problem as well, deleted the snap view and it fixed itself
© 2024 SimHQ Forums