homepage

Prey

Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Prey - 07/15/18 10:37 PM

I'm surprised nobody here has mentioned this game. The 2017 remake is fantastic! Essentially it is very similar to System Shock 1 and 2, in terms of being free to explore and alone in a world that you must figure out as you go along. Combat, while intense when it happens, is not the focus, with exploration and problem solving being bigger components. Plus it is true hard science fiction, a rarity in PC gaming in a first person perspective with a Shock/Ultima Underworld platform.

If y'all haven't played the game, you should.

I have not beat it yet, but I'm about 15 - 20 hours in and have been having a great time.
Posted By: DBond

Re: Prey - 07/27/18 07:13 PM

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4426202/1

Great game, one of my favorites in recent memory.

Re: Prey - 07/28/18 01:51 PM

Neat. Had no idea there was another thread. Thanks!
Posted By: DBond

Re: Prey - 07/28/18 02:05 PM

Haha, no problem, and I won't point out you actually posted in that thread last July haha biggrin
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Prey - 07/30/18 05:40 PM

"Prey" is not a remake. It has nothing to do with the Prey from 2006 which had a Native American theme to it.

Re: Prey - 07/31/18 03:38 AM

Of course it isn't, though I really liked the Native American bits of the first. This is a spiritual successor to System Shock 1 and 2! Two of the greatest games ever made.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Prey - 07/31/18 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Of course it isn't, though I really liked the Native American bits of the first. This is a spiritual successor to System Shock 1 and 2! Two of the greatest games ever made.

What threw me off is when you said “the 2017 remake is fantastic” in your initial post. I guess you were referring to it being a remake of the System Shock games?

Re: Prey - 08/02/18 02:10 AM

Sorry, I prolly shoulda said "reboot" in my OP.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums