homepage

New Star Wars: Empire at War coming?

Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

New Star Wars: Empire at War coming? - 06/29/18 02:15 AM

The Star Wars page on facebook posted something about the old game yesterday and today I see there’s a patch on Steam to improve load times on the old one.
Last Fall I think it got a patch to get MP going again.
I love the game, so I hope we get a new one...that doesn’t screw it all up.
Seems like I read somewhere a while back that one of the unannounced SW games will be a strategy game.
Posted By: Behemoth

Re: New Star Wars: Empire at War coming? - 07/03/18 01:02 PM

Loved this game! The graphics are getting a little tired. I'd love to see a redo.
-B
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: New Star Wars: Empire at War coming? - 07/06/18 10:44 AM

Heck, I would pay 50 bucks or more for simply a re-done EAW with current day DX 11 graphics and some more multiplayer options.
Posted By: Behemoth

Re: New Star Wars: Empire at War coming? - 07/06/18 05:43 PM

I could do without the Pirate component, though. Straight galactic struggle.

Re: New Star Wars: Empire at War coming? - 07/06/18 09:45 PM

I prefer the original game over the expansion. Lots of people still playing this thing.
I read that the patch last year may have been to stir interest when the original dev pitched a new version to EA. Supposedly it was turned down.
Don’t know about recent developments.
Posted By: JohnnyChemo

Re: New Star Wars: Empire at War coming? - 07/07/18 05:24 AM

According to the Steam page there was a bug fix released on June 28, so still some recent development going on.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: New Star Wars: Empire at War coming? - 07/09/18 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite

I read that the patch last year may have been to stir interest when the original dev pitched a new version to EA. Supposedly it was turned down.

I think Disney is re-evaluating its entire SW game venture after the very disappointing sales of both SW Battlefront games.
Posted By: Nimits

Re: New Star Wars: Empire at War coming? - 07/14/18 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite

I think Disney is re-evaluating its entire SW game venture after the very disappointing sales of both SW Battlefront games.

I think Disney is re-evaluating the SW venture, period. For various reasons which are probably best left to other forums, a lot of Star Wars products, particularly some products heavily themed to the sequel trilogy, have not sold as well as expected.
Posted By: JohnnyChemo

Re: New Star Wars: Empire at War coming? - 07/14/18 12:33 PM

They certainly are trying their very best to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

Re: New Star Wars: Empire at War coming? - 07/15/18 06:08 AM

Looks like there’s a Ewan McGregor Obi Wan movie in the works. That has a lot of potential. I hope it’s more like Rogue One than Solo. Ewan deserves a good SW movie to himself. He was the best part of the prequels.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums