homepage

Xenonauts 2

Posted By: - Ice

Xenonauts 2 - 06/24/18 06:11 PM

Apparently in Kickstarter with 25 days to go!

I can't believe how I missed this?! Must've been snagged in my Spam folder or something! Since I finished both XCOM games (the new ones), I like Xenonauts too because it's a bit closer to the old XCOM game, me thinks. I'm ashamed to say that I've not played the game through and incidentally, I was remedying that situation when I went to Google for some help and noticed the Kickstarter link. There's a demo for those interested.
Posted By: Clydewinder

Re: Xenonauts 2 - 06/25/18 03:12 AM

yeah the first Xenonauts was pretty darn good. i'll probably pick this up when it goes on sale but I have so many games now that I would never have time to play them all anyway.

Re: Xenonauts 2 - 06/25/18 07:36 PM

Well, I pretty much picked up XCOM and didn't put it down until finished so I'm backing this one both to get it early and to support the devs. Unless the demo makes the game vastly different than the first Xeno game, the only remaining question would be at what level would I back it at?

I will admit I'm not keen on the side-view portrayal of the base; I prefer the top-down view of traditional XCOM and Xeno.
Posted By: Hardtale

Re: Xenonauts 2 - 06/26/18 04:55 AM

I still have 1 in my backlist lol.

I’m bouncing back and forth between xcom2 and Battletech right now.

Re: Xenonauts 2 - 06/27/18 03:11 PM

Yeah, finishing BattleTech made me look at Xenonauts again.
Posted By: RedOneAlpha

Re: Xenonauts 2 - 07/14/18 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by - Ice
Yeah, finishing BattleTech made me look at Xenonauts again.

Hi Ice,

Did you decide how you would back Xenonauts 2? Iam kind of in the same situation, but see myself more towards the "Sergeant" pack. Also Frozen Synapse 2 is in close beta, darn it!

Red

Re: Xenonauts 2 - 07/14/18 06:08 PM

If you still plan to play Xenonauts, here´s the "Community Edition" mod v0.35 which adds new stuff and fixes bugs...

For GOG users and others, Steam users see below.
X-CE v0.35

Steam users should just switch to "community" in there Properties/Betas tab

Red
Posted By: Master

Re: Xenonauts 2 - 07/15/18 10:55 PM

I hate how this is going the way of xcom 2 with the vertical base design instead of top down so you could have base invasions / defense like in the original xcom.

Re: Xenonauts 2 - 07/16/18 02:14 PM

Is it really that different to the first Xenonauts?

Ok the graphics look better and some new airwarfare has been added, with other minor changes but... Is it worth it?
Posted By: Security_Device_Enclosed

Re: Xenonauts 2 - 07/17/18 09:25 AM

Looks pretty cool. Anyone who played the first mind comparing the difficulty to the old XCOM games?

Re: Xenonauts 2 - 07/17/18 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Security_Device_Enclosed
Looks pretty cool. Anyone who played the first mind comparing the difficulty to the old XCOM games?

I havent played the older XCOM, just Xenonauts, so can´t help you there to much. I did play Shadowrun and the newer XCOM. Maybe this video can help a bit...

Posted By: Security_Device_Enclosed

Re: Xenonauts 2 - 07/18/18 09:32 AM

Thanks!
So basically just as stupidly hard. So long as it's 'fair' might be worth trying out.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums