homepage

WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing

Posted By: kludger

WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 04/28/16 06:14 PM

This gameplay trailer for Space Hulk Deathwing looks great, hope it allows co-op:

Please don't suck!
Posted By: MojoFlow

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 04/30/16 04:34 PM

This looks really good. Sounds like it might have coop: 'Along with AI or other players of the Deathwing', so hopefully coop.

I skipped the last Space Hulk game after the poor reviews, but this one might be worth getting. Will have to keep an eye on it.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 04/30/16 05:01 PM

They did say co-op. Looks kind of Doom 3/Alien/Halo. Very atmospheric.
Posted By: Peally

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 05/02/16 07:23 PM

I'm not huge into 40K but it looks like a pretty fun shooty dungeon crawler so far!
Posted By: Harry-the-Ruskie

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 10/02/16 11:01 AM

1 month out from release and not even one gameplay showcase from the devs aside from a couple of short cinematic trailers back in E3.

One would have thought their PR machine would have long kicked into high gear by now.

Not having a good feeling about this. I probably should not have pre-ordered

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 10/02/16 07:17 PM

Yeah I'd like to see some of the usual YouTubers review and play it first, buy $34 isn't too bad.

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 10/02/16 11:36 PM

Never pre-order!

I'll wait for reviews. As mentioned before I don't care for 40K at all but the game concept looked interesting enough to play.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 10/03/16 06:16 PM

That looks awesome.
Posted By: RSColonel_131st

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 10/05/16 02:01 PM

I know I'm a Fossil but why are all 40K Games always on Steam...

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 10/05/16 03:01 PM

Because Steam is defacto the 100% accepted content distribution platform for the PC and will be for a long time, you fossil wink
Posted By: Harry-the-Ruskie

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 10/06/16 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
I know I'm a Fossil but why are all 40K Games always on Steam...

You may as well just wait for the verdict in November post-release . I'm one of the idiots who, in a vulnerable and catatonic lapse of judgement, decided to pre-order, much to my chagrin. By Novemeber you will know whether it is good enough to justify jumping in on Steam just to get this game.

I used to think like you having an old fashion disdain towards Steam or anything that require an internet connection to play a game, single player notwithstanding. But I have come around as Steamis a solid trouble-free platform in spite of the archaic internet we have in my country.

Back to Spacehulk Deathwing, they just released a weapons preview, but again this is just a trailer with snippets of footage strung together into a shortish trailer. In as far as a meaty PR campaign with developer gameplay walkthrough and detailed feature showcase, it's a big fat zero.

Even Kingdom Come Deliverance with their shoestring budget constantly put out 1 hour long feature and gamneplay footage/discussions for their Beta.

The dearth of information from the developers about Deathwing is something of concern because the default idea is if you have a good solid product, you will milk the PR machine for all it is worth by stoking up a frenzy with pre-sales prior to release. It's just too quiet at the moment.

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 11/21/16 05:10 PM

Space Hulk: Deathwing - Solo Campaign 17 min Gameplay

Looking pretty good... Harry the Ruskie let us know how it is once you get to play it...

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 11/21/16 05:40 PM

That does look pretty good. Never really took up 40K but the art design, game idea, weapons etc. seem to have a nice lore to it.

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 11/21/16 06:11 PM

Yeah WH40K has some terrific lore.

Here is an analysis of the above from someone who knows the lore:

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 11/23/16 10:18 AM

Thanks Kludger. Lots to like there, some interesting info. I think they made a pretty good gameplay scenario there. "Dungeons with Guns" mixed with "Alien Hordes versus Space Marines" kinda thing.

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 11/24/16 10:13 PM

I saw a bit of TotalBiscuit streaming the Dethwing beta today and his impressions were not very good... so I'm going to wait and see on this one, hopefully they will improve from what is the beta at this point.

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 11/25/16 12:06 AM

That's too bad. A good old fashioned space marine shooter could be fun...and fitting all things considered. I may hold off until Santa brings me my new video card. I doubt I'll able to resist some eye candy then.
I'd like to get something going with the group again regardless.

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 11/25/16 06:30 PM

Yeah same here, going to wait and see, also would like to get back to gaming as a group again... I've been busy getting ready to move so it's been hard to find time.
Posted By: xIGuNDoCIx

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 12/08/16 06:05 PM

So has anyone else pre-purchased this? I bought it as I am a fan of the universe. I did play in both Beta periods and came away pretty impressed, although there are some rough edges that can be ironed out. I am just looking for a group of 3 players willing to play through MP campaigns.

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 12/14/16 10:09 AM

The newest trailers look very well done, but it's all rendered. I think they definitely got the lore and art right, but if the game is worth playing... we'll hear later today I guess.

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 12/16/16 09:02 PM

Sooo...

I was in the process of getting the game when I finally took a note at the SysRegs, and they have a very high CPU demand listed as minimum. Forum discussions seem to confirm pretty noticeable performance problems even on high end machines, most likely CPU related.

My CPU certainly is old, but runs current racing titles with plenty of AI and physics, runs Witcher 3 and Dying Light with large crowds active etc. It appears to me they got their xeno horde AI wrong and bigger amounts of enemies just bring systems to their knees. Their system requirements already were steep because they knew they had bad optimization... and now it's not really working really well for most people.

I hope they can fix it, because from the gameplay that does work people seem to confirm it's a really true to lore and visually gorgeous WH40K game.
Posted By: Snap

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 12/24/16 01:35 AM

I read a pretty unkind review of this one.

Gonna wait on is.

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 06/12/18 09:54 PM

Hey all,

Giving this old thread a bump.

I got the Enhanced Edition of this game today, and now it's really rather good. They fixed the performance of the original and added some gameplay enhancements + replayability features.

It's still not a huge game, but if you like WH40K and want to experience the feeling of wading trough hordes of enemies this is pretty decent fun now.
Posted By: jenrick

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 06/12/18 11:27 PM

I quite enjoyed this one as well. Something about blasting apart genestealers with a thundering storm bolter that makes me smile. Seriously though, if you like the lore it serves it well. and as far as FPS's go there are a lot worse ones out there to waste money on.

-Jenrick

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 06/13/18 09:02 AM

I haven't figured out yet if the Genestealers stop spawning at certain locations, or if some parts of the missions are really serving infinite enemies.

It's interesting insofar as the classic shooter tactic of finding a good spot and fighting it out doesn't work, so you end up in a running battle. Which kind of goes well with the lore.

Seems the same team are going to do a turn-based tactical version of the Spacehulk game: http://www.spacehulk-tactics.com/
Posted By: jenrick

Re: WH40K Space Hulk Deathwing - 06/13/18 09:24 PM

As far as I was ever able to figure, some locations do spawn infinitely. I am a big fan of closing doors behind me as I go.

Interesting I do love the table top version.

-Jenrick
© 2024 SimHQ Forums