homepage

Anyone playing Flanker 2.5 online?

Posted By: Anonymous

Anyone playing Flanker 2.5 online? - 08/10/05 05:34 PM

I just got back into sims again after a long hiatus, and Flanker 2.5, Janes FA-18, or Falcon 4 are the only ones that will run on my older system. Is anyone still playing any of these?

Snakum
Posted By: lht645

Re: Anyone playing Flanker 2.5 online? - 08/10/05 07:23 PM

I'm using Flanker2.51 sort of as a "LOMAC lite" on my lap top. It runs great and is somewhat similar in function. They have a forum on the LOMAC web site that will lead you to available tweaks and missions, also possibly any network play. Falcon 4/AF should work on an older system as well and has lots of online activity right now.

Re: Anyone playing Flanker 2.5 online? - 08/10/05 08:56 PM

Quote:
Falcon 4/AF should work on an older system as well and has lots of online activity right now.
I have a pretty old system, though. A Celeron 600 with 256MEG memory and a 32MEG video card. I ran the old version of Falcon 4 on less than that, but I figured the new Falcon would turn into a slide show on it. \:D

Minh
Posted By: lht645

Re: Anyone playing Flanker 2.5 online? - 08/12/05 11:09 PM

maybe, the new falcon isn't totally new, I'd check the requirements on their web site/box and see. I'm just getting into Flanker right now but it looks like a great Sim. If you like Helos I'd look at EEAH/EECH it will run fairly well on an old machine depending on how much you mod it. I modded it on my laptop until the FPS got rough and then backed it off one tweak. it's a great game though.

Re: Anyone playing Flanker 2.5 online? - 08/13/05 01:44 PM

I just set up my PIII 600 with 512mb ram this morning. It should be a little faster than the Celeron 600 with 256. Flanker should be on the way, and I think I finally have a line on another Falcon 4 and EECH (I kept EEAH, for some stupid reason \:D ).

I found that my almost 10 year old Suncom SFS Throttle and Stick still sets up and programs just fine. That was surprising. I had an X36 HOTAS but I had so much trouble with it I sold it.

This is lots of fun again, even if my kids have out grown the sims, I still like playing.

Thanks for all the info ...

Phil
© 2024 SimHQ Forums