homepage

Just updated Video card, Sim recommendations ?

Posted By: Bruce

Just updated Video card, Sim recommendations ? - 05/21/18 12:05 PM

Its been 7 years and just updated, mostly for Racing on Assetto Corsa, but what would be your choices for Combat flight sims? Would like to see a Battle of Britain and maybe WW1 as well.
Rise of Flight looks good as well as IL-2 series, but isn't there anything newer?
BTW I got the 1050Ti with 4Gb of memory
Posted By: ArgonV

Re: Just updated Video card, Sim recommendations ? - 05/29/18 01:26 PM

Rise of Flight the the IL-2 series are your best bets, along with Wings: Over Flanders Fields (An add-on for Combat Flight Sim 3)
Posted By: Bruce

Re: Just updated Video card, Sim recommendations ? - 05/29/18 02:13 PM

I have Rowans BOB2, and considering how old the sim is I thought with the new video card it would run great. But the massive German formations still slow it down quite a bit. I did try the demo Rise of Flight, but could not make my Thrustmaster joystick to work smooth enough. I do have Over Flanders Fields, but took it off awhile ago, although I can't remember why. I remember it being very difficult to survive for very long.
Posted By: rwatson

Re: Just updated Video card, Sim recommendations ? - 05/30/18 05:58 PM

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover (STeam) for BOB,,,IL-2 1946 for WWII and add the BAT mod and you have WWi and Jets..For pail Flight Wings over Flanders Fields,,There's a forum her for it and it's on sale..Good luck
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: Just updated Video card, Sim recommendations ? - 06/07/18 02:12 AM

IL-2 Sturmovik* Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban is the most new release in CFS - has up and downs.

* Is not sequel of IL2 Sturmovik FB/PF/'46 or IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover, is new game from Rise of Flight makers.

© 2024 SimHQ Forums