homepage

W10 compatibility list?

Posted By: JohnnyG

W10 compatibility list? - 11/30/17 11:29 AM

I have "lost" several flight sims since uploading W10. MSFlt Sim X (Gold) still operates fine but I am unwilling to spend out on any others without knowing that they will operate under Windows 10. Can anyone help by advising with a list of flight sims which will work? Sorry to ask such a basic question - I have only recently found SimHQ!
Posted By: Chucky

Re: W10 compatibility list? - 11/30/17 12:01 PM

Welcome to SimHQ! smile

I would think that unless you are running some of the older sims like Mig Alley,that the vast majority will have no problems running in Win 10.

Off the top of my head,a quick list of sims that I have run in Win 10...

Microsoft Flight Sim X
Flight Sim World
Dovetail Flight School
Rise of Flight
Cliffs of Dover
IL-2 series ('46 and Battle of Stalingrad onwards)
DCS
Strike Fighters
X-Plane

Perhaps if you have a particular list in mind others can help. They may also know of some that won't run under 10.
Posted By: wormfood

Re: W10 compatibility list? - 11/30/17 04:49 PM

Don't forget Wings Over Flanders Fields

Edit: Also B-17 Flying Fortress the Mighty 8th from GOG should work as well.

Re: W10 compatibility list? - 11/30/17 05:42 PM

I was keen to go for WOFF. Do I need to obtain Microsft Combat FS 3 in order for it to work?
Posted By: wormfood

Re: W10 compatibility list? - 11/30/17 06:17 PM

JohnnyG, some of the old versions needed it, these days if you get the Ultimate Edition you don't need it.
There's more in the forums over here: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/372/1/wings-over-flanders-fields

And here: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4321218/Re:_Does_latest_version_of_OFF
Posted By: - Ice

Re: W10 compatibility list? - 11/30/17 06:59 PM

BMS, Falcon 4.0, XPlane11

The trick is not to update to the latest version of Windows 10, which at this point is the Fall Creators Update or version 1709. It seems that the newest version always has some bugs in it that interferes with flight sims or their peripherals one way or another. Windows 10 Anniversary Udate (v.1607) or Creators Update (v.1703) seem to work fine.

Maybe if you told us what flight sims you've "lost" someone could give specific help!

Welcome to SimHQ!!

Re: W10 compatibility list? - 12/02/17 04:18 PM

Great help! Thank you so much. Regards from the UK!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums