homepage

I made a game. It has fighter jets!

Posted By: Bankler

I made a game. It has fighter jets! - 12/26/16 05:24 PM

Moderators, I tried to contact you if it was okay to post this, but got no reply. Let me know if it's inappropriate and just remove it if so.

For the past 18 months I�ve spent my evenings and weekends making a PC game that I�m excited (and very nervous) to release to the public. This is an alpha release, and you can try it for free. If you like 80�s rock music and fighter jets, I think you might enjoy this one! I�ve done all the design, programming and music myself. It's more casual than the type of sims and games we usually enjoy here, but as a longtime sim enthusiast, I've tried hard to stay true to some of the fundamentals of aerial combat. I It would be an honor if you wanted to try it out!.

If you want to try the game, please register at www.skyknights-game.com (Use the voucher �SimHQ�)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE (September 14, 2017): Sky Knights is now released on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/595430/Sky_Knights/

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Nixer

Re: I made a game. It has fighter jets! - 12/27/16 11:35 PM

Man I gotta try this just for respect for a one man show.

Thanks will check it out.
Posted By: rwatson

Re: I made a game. It has fighter jets! - 12/28/16 01:39 PM

I believe I'll give it a go too,,Registerd and awaiting email
Posted By: archermav

Re: I made a game. It has fighter jets! - 12/28/16 02:03 PM

Gotta be worth a go, well done mate.

Edited to add, played it today. Great little game mate (I'd have preferred an F4 Phantom, but that's only cos the F16 just doesn't float my boat) thoroughly enjoyed it. Kudos to you fella.
Posted By: frostpaw

Re: I made a game. It has fighter jets! - 01/05/17 09:35 PM

Really nice game, love the graphics style, controls feel good, no hickups with hardware so far and runs nice and stable.
Thanks for the alpha and good luck with the game!
Posted By: Coot

Re: I made a game. It has fighter jets! - 01/06/17 09:22 AM

I just came in here to share about your game I discovered last night on Steam Greenlight. I'm also awaiting for an application response. I love the art style and music as well as the perspective. I watched your video the other night got all kinds of nostalgic warm fuzzies.

Re: I made a game. It has fighter jets! - 01/06/17 08:35 PM

I just played for about an hour or so. The music and presentation is right on the money. Kenny Loggins would be proud. I also get The Right Stuff vibes from the main menu artwork. All of this makes me wish it was a little more simmy but I understand that this is more of an action arcade type experience. The controls are really smooth and fluid and I like that you can land and take off. I'm not as attracted to the F-16 as I am other aircraft. There is an Eagle which I love and perhaps more aircraft are forthcoming? I know its not a game in that direction but even with this sort of top down/isometric presentation I'd still love to see more "simmy" things added.

I liked it though and what's been done is of very high quality. Thanks for the alpha access Bankler and good luck. I look forward to seeing how your game comes along.

Re: I made a game. It has fighter jets! - 01/06/17 11:22 PM

Thank you so much for you kind feedback! It means a lot, coming from you guys.

I'm always tempted to add the "simmy" stuff. And some (semi-realistic) stuff go in there now and then, like SARH missiles receiving the target tracking from the launching aircraft, the CCIP bomb sight, corner speed and such. I want all controls to fit naturally on a gamepad though. And the mechanics obviously need to be understandable for the people who know less about jets than us sim geeks, as I'm targeting a slightly broader audience. smile I want things to make sense though, for the people who are real jet enthusiasts!

If you want to give some additional support, you and your friends can give it your thumbs-up vote on the Steam Greenlight page. It would mean the world to me.

So nice of you to try the game. Thanks again!

Re: I made a game. It has fighter jets! - 01/07/17 12:15 AM

I have a wireless XBOX 360 controller that I use for some games. It felt good and intuitive right out of the box. I gave your Greenlight a thumbs up a couple of days ago and shared it on Community Activity. Is it possible that there will be other gameplay types and a single player campaign with some sort of narrative overlaid on it? It would be fun to have some straight up bombing missions that may require special maneuvering around the environment to get to the target. Maybe in that mode altitude could actually be manually controlled to avoid terrain features.
Posted By: Stratos

Re: I made a game. It has fighter jets! - 01/08/17 02:20 PM

Tried the game today thanks to the SimHQ voucher, and I want to help you translating to spanish If you're interested. I just need a list in word or excel with the sentences in english and I will write the spanish equivalent. This way you will have a wider audience.

Regarding the game, I think is a nice arcade game, lots of possibilities here, specially If you want to "work" a bit more on content.
Posted By: Clydewinder

Re: I made a game. It has fighter jets! - 01/09/17 01:03 AM

Works great with Logitech F310 gamepad. A lot of fun and great atmosphere. Voted for it on Greenlight as well.

I really like the missile implementation... realistic "lock tone" and rear-aspect locking. very cool

Thank you Bankler!

Re: I made a game. It has fighter jets! - 01/19/17 01:56 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Stratos: Thanks, I'll keep it in mind when the day comes where I need localization!

Coot: Additional modes and content is absolutely a possibility. At this moment I focus on getting more quality instead of quantity, so that the game works good in its core. I'd love to play some sort of sp/co-op missions myself, so maybe it's something for the future if the game takes off.
Posted By: Haukka81

Re: I made a game. It has fighter jets! - 01/19/17 07:53 PM

Hi! Looks nice.

Please, make somekind inside pit view and oculus rift support.. would be so cool, your graphic style is really , really nice. Would be spot on for VR (very clear view)
Posted By: Parker

Re: I made a game. It has fighter jets! - 02/02/17 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Bankler
Moderators, I tried to contact you if it was okay to post this, but got no reply. Let me know if it's inappropriate and just remove it if so.

For the past 18 months I’ve spent my evenings and weekends making a PC game that I’m excited (and very nervous) to release to the public. This is an alpha release, and you can try it for free. If you like 80’s rock music and fighter jets, I think you might enjoy this one! I’ve done all the design, programming and music myself. It's more casual than the type of sims and games we usually enjoy here, but as a longtime sim enthusiast, I've tried hard to stay true to some of the fundamentals of aerial combat. I It would be an honor if you wanted to try it out!.

If you want to try the game, please register at www.skyknights-game.com (Use the voucher “SimHQ”)

Looks very interesting Bankler!

Downloaded and updated, waiting for key in my email.
How long does it take for a key?

P

Re: I made a game. It has fighter jets! - 09/14/17 12:08 AM

Thanks for all the kind words and feedback. I'm happy to announce that Sky Knights is now released on Steam!

I'd be super happy for any support you can provide by spreading the word or flying a few sorties! cool Also feel free to ask any questions or suggest any features. I'm eager to hear your feedback!

Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/595430/Sky_Knights/

There's also a Discord server for the game here: https://discord.gg/a5BvDR3

[Linked Image]

Cheers! smile

//Bankler
Posted By: Nate

Re: I made a game. It has fighter jets! - 09/14/17 07:15 PM

Congrats on the release - looks interesting.

Nate
© 2024 SimHQ Forums