homepage

.63 Experimental, couple of pics of how it is travelling

Posted By: Ajay

.63 Experimental, couple of pics of how it is travelling - 07/13/18 02:48 PM

Been a while since i've dived in, finally jumped into .63 for a couple of hours last night and a few more today and this is my basic pro v con list

The good -
  • Looks great
  • Fluid moving character
  • Gear ui is better
  • Much more atmospheric sounds
  • Trails and trail markers
  • In game tourist type map on big boards
  • Larger character selection
  • Limping animation is in
  • Stamina, no more forever running
  • Can run up hills..finally!
  • Can slide down ladders
  • Forests seem thicker

The bad
  • Zeds are still crap
  • Using items, eating/reloading etc is clunky
  • Redoing keybinds is mostly disabled so far
  • Too many actions needed to ads with weapons
  • Melee still needs work

There is probably a heap more for both lists but like i said, i only did two hours:) Overall it was pretty nice, took a little while to get used to the keybinds as i'm an arrow key player so everything is around that side of my kb. Nothing would rebind to the numpad and other keys so i was arrows for movement and then c and v etc for others like crouch and prone. Managed to get my gear onto my mouse and the F(use) bound to End so all in all it was ok. FPS was fantastic everywhere, on highest settings at 1440p with an i5 7600k, GTX970, 16gb ram. No stutters, no desync, no drops. Smooth as gameplay. Zeds were easily dispatched with either a good old boxing, axe or machete but every encounter left me bleeding..i think. No blood in third person but the health icon was always dropping so i bandaged just in case. Icons and hud dot can be turned off which is great, you can finally play with a clean screen! Lots of people complaining about lack of food and drink and dying within twenty minutes. I spawned at Skalisty (yuck) and swam to Kamiwobo, ate some apples, drank water at a pump, two minutes worth until the three arrows up stopped. Ran from there to Elektro and then inland to Stary and found canned food and cans of drink my whole route, never once being worried about starving out or dying from thirst. High pop server, daytime.

Interaction with everything was instant, opening/closing doors, picking up loot, reloading mags for the Skorpion and MP5, bandaging etc. I even managed to get lost twice as the forests felt different plus the map seems more full, not so many barren areas. I came across three areas at least and was like..where the fu.. am i? Trail and trail markers are very cool and i think a great addition. It also seems there is a bit more clutter/rubbish around the cities and smaller places..it just doesn't seem as stale anymore. Bumped into three people on my journey. Guy one just wanted to hook up, we took one side of a street each and met at the end with our loot to share it. While i was fumbling with buttons trying to get myself sorted some dude came around the corner of a house in the dark and blew our brains out. Next guy i met on the beach when running to Elektro, he demanded my back pack, i produced my axe and he annoyed me all the way to Elektro where i lost him in the buildings. Third guy attacked me in the tents at Stary while i was crouched and talking to one of my kids, i just managed to pop up and run out of the tent and cap him with my Skorpion but bled out and died. So the game has remained the same , which is cool. Some people want to join up for a run, some just want to kill.

Couple of pics

[Linked Image]

First spawn

[Linked Image]

New(ish) gear ui, stamina and soft skills bar, health, food, drink icons.

[Linked Image]

Finally, icon free.

[Linked Image]

Flashlight, the Dean attacks.

[Linked Image]

Couple of things, glasshouses look great! Sun and the sun effect is better and definitely changed (for the better) since i last played .62. Stamina/Gear bar-the more you carry, the less you can sprint for. The bar loses colour for every item you put on your char, i like it.

[Linked Image]

Looking down at Novo

[Linked Image]

Top of the tower at Novo, used to get some terrible chop here. Smooth as soft butter.

[Linked Image]

Coming ashore near Kamiwobo

[Linked Image]

Map at Kamiwobo, someone had locked nearly every building in town and i never had a lockpick! Dayz...Dayz never changes.

[Linked Image]

Annoying guy who kept demanding my loot.

Continued next post...

Re: .63 Experimental, couple of pics of how it is travelling - 07/13/18 03:03 PM

[Linked Image]

Rain on the coast, looks much better in game, they might have finally nailed it.

[Linked Image]

Trail routes

[Linked Image]

Following a trail in between Elektro and Stary..ish

[Linked Image]

Markers can be on trees, rocks or posts, really cool.

[Linked Image]

Can't have a Dayz post without the inside of a barn!

[Linked Image]

Can opener in hand, food on ground

[Linked Image]

Open food with can opener, left click and hold

[Linked Image]

Same with eating. You can eat as little or as much as you want. Bar shows how much food remaining in tin.

[Linked Image]

By dark i had made it from Skalisty to Stary with this char. Slow journey working out a few things and a bit of trail exploration. Hit about half the houses in Mogilevka and Vyshnoye besides a couple at Elektro and Kami. Plenty enough food and drink plus weapons to head into Stary and hopefully NWAF.

[Linked Image]

Machete man i killed at Stary, bled out immediately after this pic...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I was trying to get a Paul Hogan look going, maybe next time biggrin

Definitely going to put in a few more hours before Post Scriptum comes out (Beta) in four days and then wait until the next update. Tbh i was not real excited going in and my first session left me a bit wanting. After an hour into my second char it all started feeling natural and smooth, looking forward to a full stable release of .63 and all of its additions..and some damn keybind availability!

Anyone else had a crack at .63 yet?

Re: .63 Experimental, couple of pics of how it is travelling - 07/14/18 12:42 PM

Made it back up to Stary just before dark on a new char, went and sussed out NWAF and it's surroundings. Server always states HIGH and i'm playing 3p but no joy in seeing anyone in two and bit hours of play.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Intermission, cooked and ate a roast lamb and associated vegies and then went and saw the new Dwayne Johnson movie Skyscraper with my lad, worth the 13 bucks and popcorn smile Logged back in to a nice sunrise just out of Stary.

[Linked Image]

In between here and NWAF i heard a few gunshots in the distance off to my left but saw nobody.

[Linked Image]

My first view of NWAF on .63. Same same but different.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Grabbed an AKM at the tower and ditched the Skorpion i had found somewhere on the way up.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You can easily spend at least half an hour going through the complete airfield now. I only did Northern side fairly briskly and had well enough gear to keep going for a couple of sessions. Lots of buildings, nowhere near as much a sit and camp kill zone anymore.

[Linked Image]

Opposite end of the field near the (once again) redesigned tent layout.

[Linked Image]

Decided it was time to learn how to reload magazines. Hold mag in hand, drag bullets over to the combine side of mag and drop, this flips you into the next pic...

[Linked Image]

...where it is the left click and hold and you reload until full or out of bullets.

I threw away a heap of .45 and 3 USG45 mags here as i was getting overloaded with gear i didn't want. Further up i found an actual USG45 but coudn't be bothered to go back and collect the mags. Good news is you can stash an MP5 a USG45 and your AKM or assault rifle of choice in your back pack. No more double carry crap. About effing time.

[Linked Image]

Decided i needed to relearn some basic crafting as well. Chopped down a bush to get sticks, drop sticks on ground, put rag in hand whilst looking at sticks and the 'crafting' menu popped up. Clicking the next option cycles through what you can make with what you have offered, left click and hold crafts item. Easy peasy.

[Linked Image]

I'm sure the forests look thicker, it seems like it would be slightly harder to stalk someone and likely easier to get away in a sticky situation.

Ok, time for the Pacquiao vs matthysse fight! Have a good one all.

I'm an idiot, got my time zone wrong, fight is 1pm ish in Oz ...tomorrow sleepy

Posted By: O_Smiladon

Re: .63 Experimental, couple of pics of how it is travelling - 08/01/18 10:12 PM

HI Guys,

I am wondering why my Dayz does not have the little icons at the bottom right of my screen and my inventory screen looks different as well... Oh, I have just noticed I am on .62 how to get to .63 ???

Thanks, guys

O_Smiladon
Posted By: O_Smiladon

Re: .63 Experimental, couple of pics of how it is travelling - 08/01/18 11:43 PM

Got it sorted
Posted By: Docjonel

Re: .63 Experimental, couple of pics of how it is travelling - 08/08/18 04:53 AM

Nice post Ajay!
Finally got a new computer recently and have mostly been playing 0.62.
Dabbled only very briefly in 0.63 but had trouble connecting to a server. Are 0.63 servers always up now?

Re: .63 Experimental, couple of pics of how it is travelling - 08/27/18 10:19 AM

Not always up, check in on the reddit Dayz sub, they always have times posted:)
Posted By: Docjonel

Re: .63 Experimental, couple of pics of how it is travelling - 09/08/18 10:08 PM

Would be great if a few folks from SimHq could get together in Chernarus one of the these days. I'm just starting to learn the ways of 0.63.
My character in 0.62 was armed to the gills and totally stocked. Was sad to say good bye to him...

Re: .63 Experimental, couple of pics of how it is travelling - 09/13/18 11:00 AM

I'm holding off to play again until Beta version hits. I love the game, the feel of the forests and Chernarus as a whole. Bicycles man, i'd nearly sacrifice someone at this stage if we could bicycles back into the game! Heres hoping beta or mods can revive the servers a bit over the next year.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums