homepage

To The Great Modder Kess!

Posted By: Anonymous

To The Great Modder Kess! - 11/09/03 09:22 PM

Salute Kess! I no most RB3D players probably wouldn`t much care for this kind of a new patch. But what i would like to no is could you take RB3D game and make a patch to beable to fly WWII planes and still use RB3D server capability. Start out with 2 planes. Me109 and the Spitfire. Then we wouldn`t have to mess with Hypperlobby and Gamespy to beable to fly some ww2 Aircraft. With FCJ patch the planes and terrain would look great.
Take Care
US95 Maj.Rooster
Posted By: PatWilson

Re: To The Great Modder Kess! - 11/10/03 10:42 PM

Oddly enough, there is really only one thing stopping somebody from doing this - armament. It is hard coded in RB and cannot be changed. There are, at maximum, two forward firing machine guns of .303 caliber. No cannons and no multiple banks of machine guns.

For the rest (within the limitations of RB):
3d model - Possible
FM - I believe RB can handle a WWII FM
Skins - Possible
DM - Possible
Map - you would have to close your eyes and make believe \:\)

Would it be anywhere near as good as IL2? Almost certainly not, as IL2 had a much more sophisticated FM and DM engine. Is anybody going to do it? Doubt it. It would take alot more than new bitmaps. There would have to be all new FMs, DMs, and 3d models too.

P.S. Not sure if it is possible to model an enclosed cockpit in RB either.
Posted By: Skiddmark

Re: To The Great Modder Kess! - 11/11/03 05:31 AM

There's the interesting but forgotten era between the wars of late model biplanes like the He 51 and early monoplanes like the Supermarine racers!
There's also pre WWI era planes like the Wright Flyer and Cutiss,DeWotoine(?),etc.
Of course,all the present RB modders have their hands quite full with WWI!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums