homepage

RB3D and FCJ using Windows 7

Posted By: Lenonard

RB3D and FCJ using Windows 7 - 06/12/11 07:44 AM

Hello

Been trying for several months, not continuously, to get FCJ to load or even get my PC to recognize the disk so I can copy files. Anyway, would anyone have any idea on how to get FCJ to run on a Windows 7 64 bit machine? RB3D does just fine but I miss using FCJ.

Thanks

Len notworthy
Posted By: Wailwulf

Re: RB3D and FCJ using Windows 7 - 06/12/11 10:35 PM

Try compatibility mode on the installer along with run as Admin? (maybe even go with 256 colors for install?)

or

Run installer on another computer and then just transfer the data over to your RB3D install for FCJ?
Posted By: Mafiozo

Re: RB3D and FCJ using Windows 7 - 06/20/11 12:34 PM

as expected, having the same problem as Leonard. Compatibility mode doesn't work. I'm running W7 64 Bit.
on a windows XP system the installation files gives me a "Program too big to fit in memory" message. on a laptop with Vista the installation process doesn't run.

saw that another user by the name of Darren had the same problem a few months back.
looking for a solution.
Posted By: almccoyjr

Re: RB3D and FCJ using Windows 7 - 06/20/11 11:20 PM

I've just finished a full, clean reinstall of W7-Ult_64 on my "new" WD 600gb Raptor.

I reinstalled RB3D/FCJ to check for install problems. Both installed without any problems and compatibility mode wasn't used.

RB3D was installed using "Autorun.exe" through the cd/dvd drive's autoplay. If this doesn't initialize first, you can run it from COMPUTER or Windows Explorer. Don't run the setup app.

Same thing for FCJ.

FCJ will "hang" @ 99% until the menu/brief.wav files load. This can take several minutes.

Took a quick flight and have uninstalled both while I continue setting up specific tracks for some programs.

plug_nickel
Posted By: Darren

Re: RB3D and FCJ using Windows 7 - 10/13/11 02:28 AM

Gave up on mine.

Disc was corrupted I feel when I got it.

Was in a white cardboard jacket and a cd-r.

Cost me 30 bux lol.

I got suckered.

Anyone who does have a working copy,I'd love to try it out since mine was broken.

The ebay site I bought it from went away not long after I bought it.

Re: RB3D and FCJ using Windows 7 - 10/13/11 03:11 AM

This game is Ok vanilla bought from the GOG site but try the addons like WFP2 and on Windows 7 64 bit ,they don't work.

Just save your biccies and buy ROF.

Reinstalled my redbaron 3d and now the exe crashes the game.

FFS.
Posted By: Wailwulf

Re: RB3D and FCJ using Windows 7 - 10/13/11 07:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Darren

Reinstalled my redbaron 3d and now the exe crashes the game.

When does it crash? Does the opening intro movie play, and then crashes on the menu? Or does it crash when you fly?

IF, it crashes just after the intro movie, try this:

Try to run the game in window by changing the shortcut's value to:
[ "C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Red Baron Pack\Red Baron 3D\Baron.exe" -window ]

This will put your menu in Windowed mode (a little hard to read unfortunately), if you have a Glide Wrapper added, you can then change the graphics to Glide. The you should be able to remove the -window from the short cut. Your Menu will remained windowed, but the game should play in Full Screen Glide.

If it crashes again after removing the -window from the shortcut, add it back and just remember to change the game to Glide every time you play.
Posted By: Al Lowe

Re: RB3D and FCJ using Windows 7 - 01/12/12 03:55 PM

Contact rittmeister@redbaron3d.net He might be able to help.
Posted By: Al Lowe

Re: RB3D and FCJ using Windows 7 - 01/12/12 04:04 PM

And to think, everyone said I was foolish to hang on to my 600mhz AMD Athlon system, running Win98SE with a VooDoo5 video card. smile
Posted By: Skiddmark

Re: RB3D and FCJ using Windows 7 - 01/12/12 09:59 PM

You were smarter than me, Al pitchafit

Re: RB3D and FCJ using Windows 7 - 03/23/12 04:29 AM

This game is pretty much stuffed on Windows 7.

If you're into 60's menus with the technocolour lights hehe.

Now loaded up ROF and Viper's Cougar Profile doesn't work anymore after the updates of the sim.

Sims-spend more time configuring hardware than actually having fun.

Sighs.

Hotas-can't ever get comfortable with them .

Backache straight away.

I can't sit properly using one and it makes flying tedious.
© 2019 SimHQ Forums