homepage

Radeon cards and anti-aliasing

Posted By: mugwump

Radeon cards and anti-aliasing - 01/03/14 08:50 PM

Is there any way to force AA via a Radeon card in this game? I believe nVidia users can do so via the profiler but with my AMD 7970 card, I can't seem to get AA to work at all and the game looks horrible.

Planes don't look like planes beyond about 1K out. They just look like jagged blobs of pixels.
Posted By: trindade

Re: Radeon cards and anti-aliasing - 01/03/14 11:00 PM

SweetFX?

Re: Radeon cards and anti-aliasing - 01/04/14 12:11 AM

I've tried both SweetFX and FlightFX. They both cause the game to freeze up within 30 minutes of starting.

Re: Radeon cards and anti-aliasing - 01/04/14 12:23 AM

Have you tried this:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3823

I had to remove the KB2670838 update, after that it works just fine

Re: Radeon cards and anti-aliasing - 01/04/14 12:56 AM

Thanks. That's got the game running without crashing but removing that update caused IE 10 to revert to IE 9. Also, I seem to have lost the ability to edit FX settings. (not sure if this was the case before I deleted the Windows update or not). I've set SMAA settings to ultra but I'm still seeing lots of jaggies in game. The radio antenna wires running from cockpit to tail still look very rough.

Re: Radeon cards and anti-aliasing - 01/04/14 02:40 PM

I´m not using IE and forgot to mention, my apologies. Try different settings, my radio antenna wire has some jaggies as well but overall all surfaces (and colours) are way better than without SweetFX.

Re: Radeon cards and anti-aliasing - 01/04/14 04:36 PM

Thanks for all your help, trindade. I'll fiddle with the settings some more and hopefully find something that works for me.

I don't use IE too much either (except for work where I'm forced to) so the reversion is not a big deal, just another annoying quibble with CLOD.
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: Radeon cards and anti-aliasing - 01/04/14 05:26 PM

Some SweetFX settings (and nice pictures) here:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/2756-il2-cliff-dover-now-very-good/page-4#entry74132

Sokol1

Re: Radeon cards and anti-aliasing - 01/04/14 06:45 PM

Thanks Sokol1. I've tried out Yoyo's presets from the link you have provided. Still too jaggy for my liking but I guess that's the best I'm going to get unless I upgrade past my 1920x1080 monitor.
Posted By: mtea

Re: Radeon cards and anti-aliasing - 02/25/14 01:41 PM

is there any workaround like this for Windows 8.1? I don't have this update to delete it smile
Forcing through catalyst control panel or radeonpro does not work too.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums