homepage

Take On Hinds!

Posted By: Dwarden

Take On Hinds! - 02/09/12 05:49 PM

http://takeonthegame.com/take-on-helicopters-hinds-announced/#more-2710

Smoking guns and spinning rotor blades – Bohemia Interactive has announced the first official DLC for Take On Helicopters:

Take On Helicopters: Hinds .

Quote:
Shifting focus to a more combat-oriented experience, Take On Helicopters: Hinds puts players in the seat of the most iconic and revolutionary military gunship ever: the Hind.

Creative Director Jay Crowe points out:

“With Take On Helicopters, our goal was to strike a balance between pure gaming – story-driven scenarios, challenges, time trials – and an authentic experience of flying a helicopter. Of course, that’s a tough job, but alongside the accessible controls, difficulty settings and optional assists, we’re glad to find a big range of people having fun flying helicopters in Take On.

Our game doesn’t demand you to have any previous flight (game) experience, nor does it matter if you want to play it with mouse-and-keyboard, a gamepad or, for that matter, a full-blown cockpit-setup. In that sense, the civil-aviation context – not to mention the wonderful Seattle as the setting – of Take On Helicopters was ideal, as it allowed us to create a fun set of missions, whilst keeping the primary focus upon flying helicopters.

On the other hand, after launching the game, we felt there was room to complement Take On Helicopters with a more ‘action-packed’ experience. Our Hinds DLC is perfect for those who are seeking the adrenaline rush of flying a classic military gunship and getting into combat.”

Quote:
Take On Helicopters: Hinds includes the Mil Mi-24 V, Mi-24 P and Mi-35 Super Hind helicopter gunships (with over 25 different liveries), a brand new set of singleplayer challenges, 5 time trials and new competitive multiplayer scenarios.

The release date is set on Thursday 15 March 2012, when it will be available for download at Store.bistudio.com, Steam, Desura and several other online stores.

Order:
Take On: Hinds! http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index...=com_virtuemart

• Range of Hind Variants - Mi-24 V, Mi-24 P and Mi-35 Super Hind models included.
  • Realistic Sound Effects - Samples recorded from real-life Hind helicopters for an extra level of detail.
  • Paint Schemes - Over 25 different liveries, covering most nations operating the gunship.
  • Singleplayer Challenges - A variety of light, medium & heavy airframes & cockpits modelled with stunning detail.
  • Singleplayer Challenges - A set of gameplay challenges showcasing ground attacks and aerial support.
  • Time Trials - Put the helicopter through its paces in 5 tough timed checkpoint races.
  • Multiplayer Gameplay - New adversarial scenarios available over LAN or Internet; battle it out against other Hind teams.
  • Military Content - Expanded military content of all sorts: weapons, vehicles and static objects.
  • Retractable Landing Gear - Functional wheels, wheel brakes and manual retracting.
  • Improved Weapons Systems - Enhanced targeting of guided missiles.
Posted By: Mace71

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/09/12 06:01 PM

Holy sh...... jawdrop
Posted By: Tigerwulf

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/09/12 06:06 PM

Sold.
Posted By: ricnunes

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/09/12 06:21 PM

It just needs a campaign! With a campaign this looks more and more my desired "HindII" (a desired sucessor for DI Hind)

Please make a campaign, preferably a co-op playable one wink

Nevertheless this is definitly GREAT news! thumbsup
Posted By: Master

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/09/12 06:30 PM

I thought the takeonhelicopters thing didnt go over so well with the flight sim crowd?
Posted By: bisher

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/09/12 06:34 PM

Love the HInd
Posted By: Rick.50cal

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/09/12 07:21 PM

Sold!
Posted By: Dr Meltdown

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/09/12 07:31 PM

The line between ARMA and Take On just got blurry. Hope they give us a good Vietnam era Huey addon like the old Med+Evac SAR game.
Posted By: BeachAV8R

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/09/12 10:15 PM

I'll be buying it.. smile
Posted By: WynnTTr

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/09/12 11:41 PM

Co-op multiplayer in the same helicopter? If they add that that's me sold for sure.
Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/09/12 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Master
I thought the takeonhelicopters thing didnt go over so well with the flight sim crowd?

I can only speak for myself, but it's been put back in the hanger awaiting the forthcoming flight model revisions.

....and now this!!!!!

BTW: This is the most BadA$$ Hind I've ever seen!!! I'm pretty sure there's a kitchen sink strapped to the front...

Also, I have to ask, why do people keep bolting engines to the side of it? Did they ever make a variant that had two extra engines...

Edit: NVM, appears that they are bolted over they exhaust to mask heat.
Posted By: Keithb77

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/10/12 08:00 AM

Quote:
it's been put back in the hanger awaiting the forthcoming flight model revisions.

....and now this!!!!!

Ditto.
Wonder if we can mod in the music, menu and missions from DI's Hind....
Cheers
Keith
Posted By: Hellfish6

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/10/12 01:03 PM

Oh my god...

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/10/12 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: WynnTTr
Co-op multiplayer in the same helicopter?

Well, I'll say that's 100% garanteed! That's a capability that we already have in all ArmA games as as well in Take on Helicopters, so I'll say (again) that the probabilities of having Co-op multiplayer in the same helicopter in this "Take on Helicopters:Hind" is around 100% wink

Now, I just wish that there will be an interesting campaign playable in Co-Op.

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/10/12 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Also, I have to ask, why do people keep bolting engines to the side of it? Did they ever make a variant that had two extra engines...

The advantage of having the engines on the sides of the helicopter (instead on being burried in the helicopter airframe) which most modern attack helicopters do have (such as the Apache) is that it makes an impact from a MANPADS heat seeking missile less catastrophic since heat seeking missiles trend to follow the engine exausts (the hotest part of an aircraft). So if the helicopter has it's engines located in the sides of the helicopters chances are that only the one engine is destroyed/damaged in case of an impact but if the helicopter have it's engines burried in the airframe (such as in the Hind) chances are that more things gets destroyed (such as main rotor and other stuff) thus making a catatrophic damage much more likelly.
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/10/12 01:42 PM

Another sale
Posted By: jotaele

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/10/12 04:26 PM

You have done my day!!! another sold here.The only thing i would like its a more complex cockpit, more close to the black shark experience, but im sure that im going to enjoy this biggrin , especially the ability to deaploy forces and add coverture to them.And the posibility to have a gunner with such a powerfull gun is great.
Im courious about the advanced missile guidance system.I hope it to be more complex than the one when have in arma.
Posted By: Keithb77

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/10/12 04:32 PM

Quote:
The only thing i would like its a more complex cockpit, more close to the black shark experience

Nooooooooo, keep it raw and simple.
One Black Shark is enough smile
Cheers
Keith
Posted By: hannibal

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/10/12 08:05 PM

how is the just the regular take on helicopters? is it like arma where if you are traveling more than 35 kph, you lose the ability to yaw left and yaw right?
Posted By: MedinaES

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/10/12 08:21 PM

Excellent news!!
Posted By: FearlessFrog

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/10/12 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: hannibal
how is the just the regular take on helicopters? is it like arma where if you are traveling more than 35 kph, you lose the ability to yaw left and yaw right?

Some good info here:

http://www.simhq.com/_air14/air_510a.html

I find the flight model in ToH much improved over Arma, and their support has been excellent so far (lots of patches, community mods etc)
Posted By: hannibal

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/24/12 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog

Some good info here:

I find the flight model in ToH much improved over Arma, and their support has been excellent so far (lots of patches, community mods etc)

i also looked at the technology checklist,

thanks, this article doesnt tell me about my question, i just like to know (for those who have played take on helicopters or hinds),

DOES the helicopter yaw stop working when you hit a certain speed? (in take on helicopters & hind) that was the thing i hated the most about Arma helicopters.. the inability to yaw left or right when you are at cruising speed..
Posted By: EinsteinEP

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/24/12 05:27 PM

Quote:
i hated the most about Arma helicopters.. the inability to yaw left or right when you are at cruising speed..

The loss of yaw control authority at higher airspeeds is a real phenomenon for helicopters with tail rotors. I can't speak to how accurately this is modeled in Arma2 or in Take On Helos, but I would not expect to be able to yaw a conventional helo at high speeds. Even the Black Shark with its coaxial rotor system only has yaw control authority up to 80 kph or something like that.
Posted By: Justin Case

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/24/12 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: EinsteinEP

The loss of yaw control authority at higher airspeeds is a real phenomenon for helicopters with tail rotors. I can't speak to how accurately this is modeled in Arma2 or in Take On Helos, but I would not expect to be able to yaw a conventional helo at high speeds. Even the Black Shark with its coaxial rotor system only has yaw control authority up to 80 kph or something like that.

That is probably true but I think it happens at a too low speed in Arma, it just feels wrong in my opinion...based only on virtual experience!
Posted By: FearlessFrog

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/24/12 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog

Some good info here:

i also looked at the technology checklist,

thanks, this article doesnt tell me about my question, i just like to know (for those who have played take on helicopters or hinds),

DOES the helicopter yaw stop working when you hit a certain speed? (in take on helicopters & hind) that was the thing i hated the most about Arma helicopters.. the inability to yaw left or right when you are at cruising speed..

Ah, got it - specifics. I don't have it setup here, but could check tonight.

Also, there's a pretty full featured demo - so it's easy to try it out, plus advisable to check it out on your PC to make sure it runs as well as you'd like.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65730/

(on the right, Download Demo)
Posted By: magicalflyer

Re: Take On Hinds! - 02/25/12 03:39 AM

Looks interesting. I think I'll get TOH soon. I hope it's okay to play it with just Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I've seen the real Mi-35 up close once, and would very much love to fly her virtual version. I hope TOH is also sold in boxes, I sure don't want to download something THAT big!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums