homepage

Flyable and AI aircraft list?

Posted By: mdwa

Flyable and AI aircraft list? - 11/30/17 06:36 AM

Is there a list somewhere of the flyable and AI aircraft in the new update due to come out?
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: Flyable and AI aircraft list? - 11/30/17 01:21 PM

New flyable in 4.50 is

Beaufighter MkIF and MkINF - nightfighter version but without radar, and since CloD night has "psychedelic" illumination and planes lights, searchlights don't work, this NF version is just curiosity.

Franken'Moth - one version for "alies" and one for "axis", both armed with single forward firing MG for very slow "fun4all" (?) doghfights over Isles of Doom MP map or maybe that "inspired" Cross and Roundel map...

New "flavors" of existent planes:

Hurricane MkI FB - a "field mod" with rack for 8 x 50 lbs bombs

Bf 110 C-6 - with under belly pod with 30mm cannon

Blenheim MkIV Late - with turret with 2 MG and rack for 50 lbs bombs on wings.

Check in the patch 4.50 readme preview:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25221&p=267604#post267604

Exclusively AI

Anson
Defiant
Do 17
Do 215
Fiat CR.42
Gladiator
He 115
Me 108 Taifun
Sunderland
Walrus
Wellington

Re: Flyable and AI aircraft list? - 11/30/17 02:39 PM

Ack thanks!
Posted By: Pooch

Re: Flyable and AI aircraft list? - 11/30/17 03:06 PM

Going to be fun. You guys have added many more years on to this flight sim. How I would loved to have seen a cannon armed Spitfire, though. From the first time I flew in this game, it was all I ever wanted.

Re: Flyable and AI aircraft list? - 12/07/17 04:23 PM

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup....5&p=269552&viewfull=1#post269552

Re: Flyable and AI aircraft list? - 12/08/17 02:15 AM

I'm going to have to admit to being very confused. I thought that the next patch was 4.95. Then later on we'd be getting the 4.50 patch which is the one that would include the North Africa maps. And I thought that THAT was the one we would be paying for. Have I completely misunderstood?

Re: Flyable and AI aircraft list? - 12/08/17 04:14 AM

CloD next patch is 4.50 - to be realized "soomâ„¢", is free for CloD owners.

This 4.50 is a fixing patch, but with Beaufighter flyable and two "fantasy" versions of Tiger Moth armed as new planes, plus some sub-variants of existing planes.

Are dozen and dozen of fix "under the hood", visuals improvement in landscape, and (IMO) a steep back in weapons sounds (sees due copyrights issue), and that new cheese fire, smoke, and fluids leakages - that looks copied from War Thunder... (things that are very well done in original CLoD).

There's no planed 4.95 patch - North Africa map is planed to be realized in 2018 or after as 5.0 - a payware DLC.

Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Flyable and AI aircraft list? - 12/08/17 03:30 PM

This game is begging for decent AI. frown

Edit: Why change the weapon sounds? I think they're awesome in the current ATAG version.

Re: Flyable and AI aircraft list? - 12/08/17 08:44 PM

AI, SP changes only (maybe) for 5.0.

On weapon sounds: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup....2&p=291911&viewfull=1#post291911
Posted By: Art_J

Re: Flyable and AI aircraft list? - 12/09/17 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
This game is begging for decent AI. frown

Edit: Why change the weapon sounds? I think they're awesome in the current ATAG version.

Copyright issues. They can't use non-licenced sounds now as an official DLC for a commercial product. Let's hope they'll give us a way to mod the samples after release, though.

Re: Flyable and AI aircraft list? - 12/09/17 07:45 PM

If 4.5 comes out with cannon armed Spits, I'll make gun noises with my mouth!

Re: Flyable and AI aircraft list? - 12/09/17 08:40 PM

No, 4.50 don't came with Spit armed cannon, CloD planes continue based on "B of B" time frame, what exclude cannons for Spit/Hurri, as the Squadron 49 attempts (RL) with cannons don't goes well.

Cannons in Britihs fighters is promised for 5.0.

IMO - Despite this new name - "Blitz", 4.50 is not a new game, is the same OLD CloD - with fixes. The ones that are raising expectations to much are risking disappointment.

Re: Flyable and AI aircraft list? - 12/09/17 09:03 PM

Ah....okay, then. We ARE getting the Beaufighter with 4.5, though, right? Still, I really like the sim, so any fixes will be good.

Re: Flyable and AI aircraft list? - 12/09/17 09:11 PM

It's funny how you can see things because you WANT to see them, isn't it? When I read, "Here is the planeset for 5.0," I read it as , "Here is the planeset for 4.50." So I thought, "Oh wow! Spitfire Mark 5's are coming!"
Posted By: Murph

Re: Flyable and AI aircraft list? - 12/10/17 08:00 AM

There will be flyable early versions of the Beaufighter, both night and day fighter. We're not going to see so much new content, but many fixes, some more or less obvious than others. Most importantly the coding groundwork will be laid for 5.0 and perhaps more in future, such as the use of DX11 and 64 bit.
Of course there will always be room for improvement, but an incredible amount has been done. You only have to compare even the current mod version to the original release to see that.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums