homepage

X 55 MACH

Posted By: Sokol1

X 55 MACH - 11/11/13 08:58 PM

The "Hornet" stick?

Cyborg Force Feedback have this coil spring...

Sokol1
Posted By: - Ice

Re: X 55 MACH - 11/11/13 09:26 PM

That didn't show very much.
Posted By: Brigstock

Re: X 55 MACH - 11/11/13 10:34 PM

The grip looks a little like the Warthog stick.

Re: X 55 MACH - 11/11/13 11:28 PM

The grip is like the X-65. Edit - with repositioned top red button.

My guess is Force Feedback version, these vents on yellow strip suggest.
Cyborg FF use spring coil too.

Sokol1
Posted By: Jonesy8077

Re: X 55 MACH - 11/12/13 07:16 AM

Might be worth a look
Posted By: recoilfx

Re: X 55 MACH - 11/12/13 06:08 PM

I doubt it's FFB - if it indeed has it, the slogan wouldn't read X-55 'Advanced Control Flight System MACH'.... The marketeers would be screaming to add a 'FORCE' monkier to it...

I wouldn't put much emphasis on the 'vent' holes, Saitek is known to have excessive styles...

Re: X 55 MACH - 11/12/13 07:02 PM

My money is on it being an all plastic and spring based stick as a cheaper to make replacement to the x-65f which might be discontinued now as being as they're hard to find.
Posted By: Hobnail

Re: X 55 MACH - 11/14/13 12:34 PM

Just rummaging around Saitek's official blog and noticed this picture of their 'testing bench' from August this year. See the throttle unit on the far right? Looks as if a 65F and Warthog units had a baby...anyone able to shed more light on that?

Re: X 55 MACH - 11/15/13 03:46 PM

Could be wrong but aren't those all navy squadrons on the wall? Possible rhino link?
Posted By: HomeFries

Re: X 55 MACH - 11/15/13 08:16 PM

Air Force is also represented on that wall, though you're right about it being a good number of VFA squadrons.

Re: X 55 MACH - 11/15/13 08:51 PM

yeah I wasn't sure about a few lol

Re: X 55 MACH - 11/17/13 06:34 PM

Someone interpretation of video and picture. wink

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=81130&p=2033770&viewfull=1#post2033770

Sokol1

Re: X 55 MACH - 11/18/13 01:27 PM

The throttle looks pretty sweet.
Posted By: NamelessPFG

Re: X 55 MACH - 11/19/13 06:41 PM

I'm hoping for three things:

-The gimbals shouldn't be so mechanically sloppy this time. I had to shim the X-52 Pro's gimbals with cut bits of laminated paper to minimize that!

-That X-65F style grip better bring back the dual-stage trigger they had on the X-52. Plenty of sims could use that functionality, and TM's the only one to consistently implement it thus far.

-Saitek/Mad Catz needs to scrap SST and write some software that can compete with TM's TARGET and especially CH's Control Manager.

I'm not counting on any of those happening, though.
Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: X 55 MACH - 11/25/13 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Sokol1

I could see owning that. Looks like a nice bit of kit.

Fly Away Simulation also speculates that this is the start of a new product line, so we could see the stick sold first followed by the throttle. That would be a refreshing change of pace, as only CH breaks our their components as separate products.

If the stick features GOOD force feedback (think the second coming of the MS Force feedback sticks) then I'm sold. None of that crap Logitech pulled with the sloppy centering and grinding gears. Saitek will also need to be on top of the software, as good force feedback is all about the drivers and the games that support the FF signal.

More likely is that this is an X-52 replacement, and knowing Saitek I'll bet that the buttons you see surrounding the throttle are a dock for an add-on panels.

In any event, what it's way past time for the high-end Hotas world, is ADJUSTABLITY. I want the ability to tailor the physical feedback, centering, and linearity of the control stick. I don't think this is asking too much in a $300 video game controller.

In any event, we'll probably know more soon, as this is apparently due out for the "holiday season," which starts, um, right about a week ago.

Edit:
Saiteks already off to a bad start here, as per the Flyaway simulation article:
"Saitek have announced they will be taking pre-orders on the 20th November (2013) with a pre-holiday launch date - so get your Christmas wish list ready and be sure to write this one down!"
http://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4691/

So they're already 5 days late just with the dang pre-orders.
Posted By: ronster

Re: X 55 MACH - 11/26/13 10:39 PM

I'm sort of erring towards a new stick/throttle (currently got an X45) but the prospect of a FF unit leaves me cold (has there ever been a genuinely good one and one with wide support?) and will most likely mean it costs a bomb too.

It would be nice too if Saitek did one that didn't look so damn blingy. I did own a CH setup before OS support died a death for it (it was the old gameport/keyboard passthrough type) and I liked the no-frills simplicity.

Re: X 55 MACH - 12/08/13 07:37 AM

Just wondering if there's anymore info coming out or are they waiting until after Xmas now? I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a new hotas next year as my CH pro stuff is getting to be a little long in the tooth, mind you I have had them since 2001. The warthog kinda leave me cold after the piece of crap my cougar was.
Posted By: eonel

Re: X 55 MACH - 12/08/13 08:24 AM

I've also been looking for an update on this -but no luck. My X52 is at the end of its natural life and was hoping for an X55 as a selfie Xmas present.

Re: X 55 MACH - 12/08/13 10:43 AM

gotta love selfie xmas presents, in my case there normally better than the rest!
Posted By: Cold_Gambler

Re: X 55 MACH - 12/09/13 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Hobnail
Looks as if a 65F and Warthog units had a baby...anyone able to shed more light on that?

It looks to me as if they just took a 65F throttle and slotted it into a separate U-shaped button bay... from a production standpoint that would be a good way of keeping costs down.
Posted By: smithed54

Re: X 55 MACH - 12/13/13 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Donk
Just wondering if there's anymore info coming out or are they waiting until after Xmas now? I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a new hotas next year as my CH pro stuff is getting to be a little long in the tooth, mind you I have had them since 2001. The warthog kinda leave me cold after the piece of crap my cougar was.

The WH is no Cougar. They differently learned from their mistakes with the Cougar.
Posted By: Chivas

Re: X 55 MACH - 12/13/13 08:40 AM

I agree the Cougar joystick was like using a telephone pole, although I like the Cougar throttle more than the Warthogs throttle. It fit the hand nicely and all the rotaries/buttons were in perfect positions. My Warthog had issues, so I sent it back, and decided to keep using my MSFF2 with the Cougar Throttle. That said I've preordered a new joystick" http://galactic-pancakes.com/collections/all "discussed in a thread in this forum. Soko1 also gave me a link for a dongle that plugs into the Cougar throttle that allows you to take the Joystick out of the circuit. The new joystick, and Cougar throttle might just be a decent Hotas system for prop aircraft. I know I've been looking for a replacement for my discontinued MSFF2 for years with no success, and I've bought them all. I took a hammer to the X52, but the CH, and G940 are still around somewhere. smile
Posted By: Vadrin

Re: X 55 MACH - 12/13/13 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Chivas

I agree the Cougar joystick was like using a telephone pole, although I like the Cougar throttle more than the Warthogs throttle. It fit the hand nicely and all the rotaries/buttons were in perfect positions. My Warthog had issues, so I sent it back, and decided to keep using my MSFF2 with the Cougar Throttle. That said I've preordered a new joystick" http://galactic-pancakes.com/collections/all "discussed in a thread in this forum. Soko1 also gave me a link for a dongle that plugs into the Cougar throttle that allows you to take the Joystick out of the circuit. The new joystick, and Cougar throttle might just be a decent Hotas system for prop aircraft. I know I've been looking for a replacement for my discontinued MSFF2 for years with no success, and I've bought them all. I took a hammer to the X52, but the CH, and G940 are still around somewhere. smile

Chivas could you please post the link to the dongle that allows you to use the cougar throttle without the stick?
Posted By: Vadrin

Re: X 55 MACH - 12/13/13 04:51 PM

Google was my friend, and I found the answer to my own question. Here is the link if anyone else is interested.

http://www.realsimulator.com/html/tusba.html
Posted By: Chivas

Re: X 55 MACH - 12/13/13 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Vadrin
Google was my friend, and I found the answer to my own question. Here is the link if anyone else is interested.

http://www.realsimulator.com/html/tusba.html

Yes thats the one.
Posted By: n4p0l3onic

Re: X 55 MACH - 12/16/13 10:18 AM

so any news about x-55?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums