homepage

CSR Elite Pedals Unboxing!

Posted By: AggressorBLUE

CSR Elite Pedals Unboxing! - 01/08/12 05:38 AM

Warning! This post contains senseless amounts of Fanatec gear un-boxing pr0n!!!

Below are some pics of of my new CSR elite Pedals. I love them so far, and I'm glad I sprung for them, as the load-cell is indeed amazing! My braking has become MUCH better in F4. I'm almost ready to turn off ABS. Almost...

Side note: Pics taken w/ iPhone 4S. While inconsistent, I think some of these pics show that when it want's to, it can actually take great pictures. These are all unedited.

Unboxing Fanatec kit is always a treat!

It was at this point my jaw it the floor...

Shiny!

Compared to the pedals that come with the 911 Turbo S wheel. Just a bit of an upgrade...

I'll be re-doing the custom mount at some point, as this one needs the towel under the edges to keep it from wobbling.

driving
Posted By: - Ice

Re: CSR Elite Pedals Unboxing! - 01/08/12 01:42 PM

Wow, that is some serious gear! And I wager you can move the brake pedal closer to the accelerator for some nice toe-braking?
Posted By: JAMF

Re: CSR Elite Pedals Unboxing! - 01/08/12 01:47 PM

Congrats! cheers No need for initial impressions, as the upgrade is a giant step up, so there would be little info laced with plenty of expletives and some cuss words. WinkNGrin

Re: CSR Elite Pedals Unboxing! - 01/08/12 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: - Ice
Wow, that is some serious gear! And I wager you can move the brake pedal closer to the accelerator for some nice toe-braking?

Yes, you can. I haven't tried it yet, but that's one of the advantages of this package. You can also adjust the height where the spring intercepts the pedal post, making for more travel/softer feel, or less travel/harder feel. I went with less travel by one peg on everything but accelerator. In addition, Fanatec sells a $50 kit that allows one to invert the pedals as thought they are "hanging" from the fire wall. Given that my IRL VW GTI has the Brake pedal hanging, I might try this in the future.

Originally Posted By: JAMF
Congrats! cheers No need for initial impressions, as the upgrade is a giant step up, so there would be little info laced with plenty of expletives and some cuss words. WinkNGrin

beercheers

driving < summarizes my initial impressions quite well!

Posted By: - Ice

Re: CSR Elite Pedals Unboxing! - 01/08/12 06:18 PM

Hmmm... aside from a few trucks and vans, don't most cars have the pedals "inverted" anyway? I mean, not coming out from the floor....

Re: CSR Elite Pedals Unboxing! - 01/09/12 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: - Ice
Hmmm... aside from a few trucks and vans, don't most cars have the pedals "inverted" anyway? I mean, not coming out from the floor....

True. Probably why they offer the kit.
Posted By: Wrecking Crew

Re: CSR Elite Pedals Unboxing! - 01/09/12 04:12 PM

This looks to be a much nicer design than the Clubsport Pedals - are these new ones a replacement for the Clubsports?

I gotta say I am ready to replace my Logitech G27 pedals for the simple reason that they do not have USB. If I assemble the G27 into my computer desk the way I want to for neatness and cable routing then the whole thing is locked in and requires a big effort to undo.

A USB connection is the way to go...

WC

Re: CSR Elite Pedals Unboxing! - 01/09/12 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
This looks to be a much nicer design than the Clubsport Pedals - are these new ones a replacement for the Clubsports?

I gotta say I am ready to replace my Logitech G27 pedals for the simple reason that they do not have USB. If I assemble the G27 into my computer desk the way I want to for neatness and cable routing then the whole thing is locked in and requires a big effort to undo.

WC

FYI, it uses the PS2 plug when used with the wheel itself. In a PC config I believe the software would see the pedal axis as part of the wheel. The USB port allows the Pedals to act independent (not on consoles though).

I don't think it's a direct replacement to the Clubsports, but is more designed to slot in under them.
Posted By: kludger

Re: CSR Elite Pedals Unboxing! - 01/10/12 06:47 PM

Congrats on the new pedals Agressor, I am trying to decide between those or the Clubsports and so far the Hall Sensors versus Pots are the main thing I am considering whether it is worth $50, but haven't decided yet.

WC

BTW Wrecking Crew if you want USB for G25/G27 pedals, you can do that easily with a Bodnar Cable:

http://www.leobodnar.com/products/DFPG25conn/
http://sim-sport.net/bodnar-cable.html?p...p;category_id=6

I used this for a long time to get better resolution and calibration options from my G25/G27 pedals and it works great.
Posted By: JAMF

Re: CSR Elite Pedals Unboxing! - 01/10/12 07:55 PM

are these new ones a replacement for the Clubsports?

No, but they are a close second, by all accounts:

© 2024 SimHQ Forums