homepage

saitek pro flight combat rudder pedals

Posted By: 2Lt_Joch

saitek pro flight combat rudder pedals - 11/29/10 07:48 PM

Does anyone have info on when or if these will become available.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/compedals.html

I had read that they would come out at the end of november (i.e. tomorrow), but the web is strangely silent.

edit - I see the UK saitek store is now listing if for jan. 2011.
Posted By: Talon

Re: saitek pro flight combat rudder pedals - 11/30/10 02:30 AM

I've heard the same thing too. Checked a few sites that have them in their product list but not in stock. So, I guess we wait...

--T
Posted By: CAVCPT

Re: saitek pro flight combat rudder pedals - 11/30/10 02:01 PM

Has anyone tried contacting Saitek?
Posted By: Bib4Tuna

Re: saitek pro flight combat rudder pedals - 11/30/10 09:35 PM

This is what they replied to me on November 12

(They were supposed to be out in October)

Quote:
Sorry for the delay in responding to your email.

I cannot tell you with any specificity when the rudder pedals will be released. Currently, there is no confirmed release date. We apologize for the inconvenience.

JOSH HARFORD
Technical/Customer Support Rep

MAD CATZ, INC.
7480 Mission Valley Road, Suite 101
San Diego, CA 92108-4406

Posted By: 2Lt_Joch

Re: saitek pro flight combat rudder pedals - 12/01/10 02:20 PM

I am not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling that they will be released soon.
Posted By: Skip

Re: saitek pro flight combat rudder pedals - 12/02/10 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: 2Lt_Joch
I am not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling that they will be released soon.

I dont have a ton of faith in anything with Madcatz on it............. the Rat 7 cyborg Mouse is a POS,and a waste of money(A lot of it for a mouse)... Caveat emtor.I have to admit the rudder pedals are cool looking but then so was the Rat7 cyborg mouse.
Posted By: CAVCPT

Re: saitek pro flight combat rudder pedals - 12/03/10 04:24 PM

MadCatz just owns Saitek.

Everyone seems to be happy with the current crop of Saitek pedals.
Posted By: Talon

Re: saitek pro flight combat rudder pedals - 12/05/10 03:22 PM

Well, I currently have a set of CH pro pedals. My big bro has a set of Saiteks and he loves them. I'll be getting a set of combat pedals when they come to market. I did hear of some issue with early sets but that seems to be the norm these days.

Like all things mileage may vary.

--T
Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: saitek pro flight combat rudder pedals - 12/08/10 06:02 PM

Kinda makes me glad I didn't buy a warthog, lol. These seem built to fit right in with that Hotas (hardware wise at least).

I think it's about half and half for quality with saitek. I bought one of the cyborg flight sticks a while back (the new ones, that they also make for the xbox/PS3) and was shocked at how much of a piece of cuss2 it was. I've never used a stick that flexed so much in my hand. Considering I used a cyborg stick to it's death in high school (it went above and beyond the call for a $30 joystick), and then an AV8R in college, I was highly disappointed.

I did recently purchase a Saitek throttle quadrant though, and it seems nice. Levers have smooth action, and provide nice resistance. Versatile mounting too. There may actually be something to this pro-flight line...:)

I think Madcatz blew is reputation/good will with the community and became the punchline of the peripheral market. Which is why they bought up Gameshark and Saitek, so they can hide behind their branding and community buy-in. I'd bet most of the POS Saitek products are really madcatz at work, while the pro-flight stuff is "old school" Saitek.

FWIW though, the pic on the saitek site of the combat pedals has changed from a CG concept image, to a picture of a real product. So...at least someone, somewhere has one../
Posted By: Skip

Re: saitek pro flight combat rudder pedals - 12/10/10 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: CAVCPT
MadCatz just owns Saitek.

Everyone seems to be happy with the current crop of Saitek pedals.

Yea I own a set of Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals they are ok just thought people ought to know about MADCATZ JUNK
© 2024 SimHQ Forums