homepage

Special offer

Posted By: Ssnake

Special offer - 04/02/13 03:51 PM

Steel Beasts Pro PE 2.654 is now for sale for just $75.- instead of the regular $100.- price. This offer is time-limited until SB Pro PE 3.0 will be released in June.

Thought you might like to know. smile
Posted By: Magnum

Re: Special offer - 04/02/13 10:38 PM

Nice.... And 3.0 in June, even nicer... Thx ssnake
Posted By: strykerpsg

Re: Special offer - 04/03/13 03:41 AM

Snake, do you have any news posted on what to expect in 3.0? Thanks in advance.

Re: Special offer - 04/03/13 06:46 PM

By the time I'm ready to spill the beans, you'll see the news here and at SteelBeasts.com, and possibly on other gaming or military oriented websites like Rock Paper Shotgun. I'll spend the six weeks prior to the release to present the details. That would make it mid to end of April (I'll be away for a week in late May which may hamper me in releasing info on a daily basis, and a few details of the DVD production aren't yet decided (if made locally under control of our office in California it'll take a week longer - not so, if we can have them made in Texas ... but it's unclear if that will work out (the guy responsible for it does not yet know about it)).

Well, we'll all get it sorted, no doubt. Don't worry that you might miss the news. smile

If you want to be absolutely sure you could subscribe the eSim Games newsletter (visit www.eSimGames.com and leave your email address there, then reply to the confirmation email that we'll send out).
Posted By: bogusheadbox

Re: Special offer - 04/04/13 10:13 AM

<best Yoda voice>

MMmmmmmmm Upgrade computer you must. Clear moths out of wallet you will. Old computer i fear, Sb3 run will not.

So i have a few months to think of a strategy to get an upgrade allowed from Mrs Bogusheadbox.

Re: Special offer - 04/04/13 04:41 PM

There's an obvious by costly strategy - buy something nice for Household Six as well. Or do the kind of jobs that she always wanted you to do, like cleaning out the garage ... ah, well - let's not overdo it. Shopping some shooos with her will do fine. wink
Posted By: Smithcorp

Re: Special offer - 04/05/13 01:36 AM

Hey Ssnake - will SB 3.0 be a 64 bit program?

Re: Special offer - 04/05/13 08:07 AM

No. The question is whether SB Pro PE will ever need to be one. The biggest memory consumption are big maps, and as the map size is limited in the Personal Edition this isn't so much of an issue. Another possible bottleneck is that some function calls that we're using need a relatively large chunk of contiguous RAM address area which may require a Windows reboot if there isn't enough. But that could be solved by using a different function call or other changes in the code.

It's more important to gradually transition SB Pro to profit from multiple CPU cores - something that does happen already, but does not yet have a dramatic effect. At some point it will certainly become noticeable (just not for this coming release).
Posted By: Smithcorp

Re: Special offer - 04/06/13 09:21 AM

Thanks for the reply.
Posted By: Sethos88

Re: Special offer - 04/06/13 04:41 PM

So does buying this entitle you to 3.0 or do you need to buy an upgrade after that?

Re: Special offer - 04/07/13 09:56 PM

No, the upgrade will go extra. But we're always reducing the price of versions prior to a new release for those who'd like to try it out without paying the full price from the start.
Posted By: piiman

Re: Special offer - 04/21/13 05:03 PM

How much extra or will it be full price. What will 3 cost?
I was really looking hard at this a few weeks ago and allllllll most bought It so the new price is very tempting. However if there isn't a upgrade path and I have to buy 3.0 at full price I Dont see the point in buying the current version. Seems like it would be an expensive "try" if I liked it and then wanted the new version.
Posted By: Ronin_GE

Re: Special offer - 04/21/13 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: piiman
I was really looking hard at this a few weeks ago and allllllll most bought It so the new price is very tempting. However if there isn't a upgrade path and I have to buy 3.0 at full price I Dont see the point in buying the current version. Seems like it would be an expensive "try" if I liked it and then wanted the new version.

Esims policy so far has been to reduce the price prior to an upgrade that approx. (price of reduced version+update)=price of the new version.

So you don't have a risk here. You can buy version 2.654 now(and play now) and then buy the update. Buying the new version after its release will cost you the same.

Buying 3.0 from scratch(so with dongle and all) will be 125$ again I guess...

Re: Special offer - 04/21/13 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Ronin_GE
Originally Posted By: piiman

Esims policy so far has been to reduce the price prior to an upgrade that approx. (price of reduced version+update)=price of the new version.

So you don't have a risk here. You can buy version 2.654 now(and play now) and then buy the update. Buying the new version after its release will cost you the same.

Buying 3.0 from scratch(so with dongle and all) will be 125$ again I guess...

That's cool then it almost like making payments instead of paying all at once

Re: Special offer - 04/21/13 10:02 PM

We don't want to punish anybody to buy a copy prior to the release of a new version. At the same time, getting the old version at a reduced price shortly before the release of a new one will hopefully get new players interested. smile

Ideally they will like what they got, learn the basics in the weeks before the new version comes out, and thereby reduce the need to ask others for help at a time when everybody, including the experienced players, is busy discovering all the new stuff in a new version. While I try to inform the community about what to expect from an upgrade to the best of my abilities, it's always one thing to hear about it and quite another to try it out yourself.

Re: Special offer - 04/21/13 10:24 PM

I'm sold but still going bug everyone when the new version comes out.

Re: Special offer - 04/22/13 03:09 PM

Not yet.
Posted By: apelles

Re: Special offer - 04/22/13 06:18 PM

Surely i'm the dumbest person in the house, and the question answered hundred times. But i don't understand if i have the version 2.538 cd and dongle, can i upgrade this to version 3?
What i need buy? Upgrade/secondary license, SB Pro PE v(actual version)?

I'm really sorry, but i have language difficulties. And don't understand every answer here.
Posted By: kramer

Re: Special offer - 04/22/13 07:35 PM

apelles - wait until the details for 3.0 are released, and everything will become more clear.

you will be able to buy the 3.0 upgrade license for SB Pro PE, but Ssnake and eSim Games have not announced the price yet.

you won't have to buy SB Pro PE 3.0 at the full price. you will only have to buy the upgrade license, which costs considerably less.

Re: Special offer - 04/22/13 08:13 PM

Thank you for your clear answer kramer. That's what i need. :-)

Re: Special offer - 04/22/13 11:43 PM

Kramer is right. Your version is eligible for an upgrade at the regular upgrade price. Details have not been announced yet.
Posted By: Airway

Re: Special offer - 04/27/13 09:30 AM

Long time I left Steel BEasts Pro PE in the shelf. But now I have reinstalled it again.

I own Steel Beasts Pro PE v2.460 with CodeMeter Dongle (Software Version 4.00.120.500)

Two (three) questions:

- what's the most recent free update for my version

- is it possible to upgrade to v3.0 when released (and how)?

Airway

Re: Special offer - 04/27/13 10:45 AM

1. Version 2.654, available here.
  2. Yes. Details will be made public later - here, at SteelBeasts.com, eSimGames.com, and in the eSim Games Newsletter. In principle the upgrade process will be handled like the last two upgrades. You buy an upgrade license in the eSim Games web shop, receive an email with the upgrade ticket, follow the link in it to the depot page, and activate the new license. Download and install the new version per instructions in the Release Notes (we're writing them for a reason!) and you'll be good to go.

Re: Special offer - 04/27/13 03:40 PM

Airway - Ssnake made a mistake reading your post.

you say you have version 2.460, and Ssnake must have read it as 2.640.

the most recent free update for version 2.460 is Steel Beasts Pro PE 2.483 update (700 MB, 9/2/09) on the page Ssnake linked to: http://www.esimgames.com/Downloads.htm

check the release notes for 2.483 for installation instructions: http://www.esimgames.com/downloads/SBProPE_2-483_Release_Notes.pdf

you will be able to upgrade to 3.0, when it is released in July, by buying an upgrade license for it. details have not been released yet on the price.

2.460 was only available on cd.

upgrades since have been downloadable from eSim Games, with a license you buy for the new version written to your Codemeter dongle via the internet, as Ssnake mentions.

Re: Special offer - 04/27/13 09:32 PM

Thanks to you two for your replies!

Patched to v2.483 now and it's working fine. Got your message and will be patient for the release notes of v3.0

Can't wait to get it.
Appreciate your work and support!

Thanks,
Airway

Re: Special offer - 04/27/13 11:45 PM

Good catch!
Yeah, the use of both 2.460 and 2.640 as major release version numbers was, in retrospect, not the smartest decision that we ever made. It's inviting errors, as demonstrated.

:o

Re: Special offer - 04/29/13 03:54 PM

But there is a nice community and everything is fine again smile
Posted By: TerribleTwo

Re: Special offer - 04/29/13 06:22 PM

I took the plunge. Thanks for the discount Ssnake. I purchased it way back when for $125, sold for $100, and now I'm back in.

Re: Special offer - 04/29/13 07:39 PM

When can we expect a bit info about version 3?

Re: Special offer - 04/29/13 08:33 PM

a bit of info about version 3.0 on the forum at steelbeasts.com

Consolation prize #1: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=19091

Consolation prize #2: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=19098

Re: Special offer - 04/29/13 11:01 PM

A thorough information campaign will start six weeks prior to the planned release date, which would be about mid May. Aside from the two threads above, some additional information has been released earlier, both here in the SimHQ news and over at Rock Paper Shotgun (somewhere halfway down the page).

Re: Special offer - 04/30/13 11:00 AM

Thanks. A read the comments. People wants more tanks and more apcs but I need just a mentor who teach me appropriate western and eastern armored tactics.

I'm hopelessly lagging behind in this area. smile

Re: Special offer - 04/30/13 11:00 AM

"I read" :-)

Re: Special offer - 04/30/13 12:12 PM

Come to the multiplayer sessions. The easiest (and arguably most fun) way to learn quickly. There's a forum at SteelBeasts.com dedicated to setting up multiplayer events.

Re: Special offer - 04/30/13 12:28 PM

I would really like to but my english is horrible. I only ruin others fun.

I'm sticking with single play until i find a Hungarian community.
Posted By: marko1231123

Re: Special offer - 04/30/13 12:40 PM

Hi appelles

I am Marko C/O of soviet VU.
As a unit we concentrate on using soviet doctrine and equipment.
We welcome newbies.as do most virtual units in SB.
If you would like to come along and have a chat or even observe us in action
Your welcome we meet every Monday on team speak at 20:00 BST.
Look for us on the UK armour channel.(if any body else is interested you are also welcome)
We are an all English speaking unit.But you need will only very basic english.

Re: Special offer - 04/30/13 04:22 PM

Thanks marko. I gather courage. My accent probably too eastern for english speaking unit. biggrin

Re: Special offer - 04/30/13 09:53 PM

...but perfect for a virtual Soviet unit... wink

(Yeah, I know ... Hungary and Soviet Russia, always best friends)
Posted By: jenrick

Re: Special offer - 05/01/13 01:06 AM

apelles: I have several good friends from Bulgaria, I and most Americans can understand them with a little work. My American accent on the other hand confuses the heck out of everyone in Bulgaria that I've ever talked to. You should be good fine smile

-Jenrick

Re: Special offer - 05/01/13 03:24 PM

My grandfather killed by the soviet soldiers in 1946. Some of my relatives killed in 1956.

But personally i have not a single bad experience with the soviet soldiers. However in my town a mechanized brigade stationed in the 80's. They drink a lot.
Rolling in and out in the area with bmp-1s and maybe T-72 or T-64s.
Stole a cherry tree with root. :-)
My brothers played soccer with them. They shared water if there was a broken pipe.
Thats all of my memory with the soviet russian occupation.
The turks occupied Hungary for 150 years. Russian only 44. :-)

offtopic
Posted By: Comrade_Hedgehog

Re: Special offer - 05/03/13 09:25 AM

There is a chap over on the SB Forums called Daskal.
He is from Hungary, and speaks both good and bad English cuss2 smile
But he is a new father, so his time is somewhat limited these days. sleepy

Re: Special offer - 05/03/13 09:41 AM

...he also edited a nice new video that we'll show on YouTube later. smile
Posted By: Chucky

Re: Special offer - 05/03/13 12:21 PM

How later?? whoohoo

Re: Special offer - 05/04/13 07:18 AM

Patience, young Padawan.

Re: Special offer - 05/15/13 03:52 PM

May 15... :-)1 month before?

Re: Special offer - 05/22/13 07:06 AM

well i bought this thing now how long does it take to get the doggle?

Re: Special offer - 05/22/13 09:01 AM

Depends on where you're living. Outside of the US, two to three works are normal. If it hasn't arrived after four, please contact us. In the meantime you can borrow a license from users that offer them. Sen an email to Demo (@SteelBeasts.com) with the subject line "temporary license request").

(Keep in mind, these guys are NOT eSim Games employees. They do this as a voluntary service.)

Re: Special offer - 05/22/13 09:02 AM

Re: Special offer - 05/22/13 09:03 AM

Re: Special offer - 05/22/13 09:06 AM

Re: Special offer - 05/22/13 10:55 PM

I live in Florida ordered last Thursday night. Still waiting. Do they send a email when they ship?

PS looks like you had a little trouble posting your answer. :-)

Re: Special offer - 05/23/13 04:56 AM

Shipping is done the next working day, so I think you'll have your copy soon. smile
Posted By: Comrade_Hedgehog

Re: Special offer - 05/23/13 11:18 AM

Al nips down the post office with a big box of DVDs? driving

smile

Re: Special offer - 05/23/13 02:09 PM

You can copy a code meter? copter I've already got it downloaded and ready to go so hope it's here today.

Thanks Ssnake

Just got back from post office and have code meter in hand! Now I have to go buy one of those tanker helmets.

See you on the battle field.
Posted By: Kondor999

Re: Special offer - 06/11/13 07:31 PM

Just got my copy and the code meter thingy works just fine. I'm amazed how well the sim runs on my laptop. Of course, I'm pretty much just reading the manuals, but it sure looks impressive so far. I can't believe I waited so long!
Posted By: VF9_Longbow

Re: Special offer - 06/28/13 08:05 AM

I want to buy SB Pro PE but it says the site is down for maintenance ...? Any other way I can buy this?

Re: Special offer - 06/28/13 08:53 AM

Originally Posted By: VF9_Longbow
I want to buy SB Pro PE but it says the site is down for maintenance ...? Any other way I can buy this?

Try this link.
http://www.esimgames.com/Downloads.htm#PE 2.654 full

Re: Special offer - 06/28/13 08:56 AM

Hopefully it won't be too long longbow. It says the site will be down until the 27th and its the 28th now. So i guess, depending on time zone, you should only have to wait a few hours before the site comes live.

{edit, sniped by marko} You can download the game fine, but for purchasing the codemeter stick (needed to run the game) i guess you will have to wait until the store is open.

Re: Special offer - 06/28/13 03:22 PM

We're in the middle of a bit of maintenance.

Re: Special offer - 06/28/13 03:48 PM

(what snake means is that he is working hard on grenades for infantry and more grenade launchers for vehicles)

Re: Special offer - 07/03/13 06:46 PM

i've been trying to buy this sim for more than a week but the maintenance message just keeps moving forward every time i visit. what's going on?

Re: Special offer - 07/03/13 08:21 PM

Well, we're in the middle of a server migration, and apparently if we solve one issue, a new one pops up. It was supposed to be a painless switch, and turned out to be anything but. I can but apologize for the inconvenience, but we can only wait for the IT guys to finish the job.

Re: Special offer - 07/03/13 09:43 PM

any way i can just send some money to a paypal address and have the dongle shipped to me in the meantime?

Re: Special offer - 07/03/13 09:49 PM

No, but the webmaster signaled that we'll go back to normalcy today.

Re: Special offer - 07/04/13 09:16 PM

the eSim Games store is open again.

http://www.esimgames.com/purchase.htm

Re: Special offer - 07/05/13 12:54 PM

purchased! it will be nice to get back into the gunner's seat. i used to play the original sb, back when it was still non accelerated. i think that was before 9/11...!

is there any chance i could get a demo license so i can play until the dongle arrives?
Posted By: Sethos88

Re: Special offer - 07/05/13 12:58 PM

Wasn't 3.0 supposed to be up when the store came back online or did I misunderstand something?

Re: Special offer - 07/05/13 01:14 PM

Sethos88 - you must have misunderstood something.

there has been no word about the release date of 3.0, since Ssnake told us that it would not be released on July 4th, which is the only date I have seen mentioned.

VF9_Longbow - for a demo license read this post, which refers you to the front page at www.steelbeasts.com

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3532014/SB_Pro_PE_FREE_Demo_Available#Post3532014

under the heading "Welcome to Steelbeasts.com" you will find info on obtaining a a demo license by emailing one of three people: "For a FREE trial demo, contact Sean or Gibson or dta delta."

on that page, click on one of the 3 names to send them an email.

Re: Special offer - 07/05/13 03:29 PM

New update price.
Also a cheaper way to try SB.
Okay, here's the deal.

Ssnakes post on SB forum.

The upgrade for version 3.0 will be on sale for $40.-; the upgrade may be applied to any previous Steel Beasts Pro PE license on a CodeMeter stick.

The base price of version 3.0 will therefore be $115.-

In addition to these CodeMeter stick based licenses we will also offer time-limited licenses WITHOUT the need for a CM stick. They will be bound to the computer on which they are installed, and we will not support a transfer of the license to another computer.
We'll offer
a one-month license for $10.-
a four-month license for $25.-
a one year license for $40.-

The advantage of these licenses lies in the fact that there is no steep price for those who just want to give it a try, and that you can't lose our CodeMeter stick - something that has been a bit of trouble for some of you.

Re: Special offer - 07/05/13 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Sethos88
Wasn't 3.0 supposed to be up when the store came back online or did I misunderstand something?

I'm not taking chances and make a server migration plus shop update right at the moment when we release a new version. I want my ducks all in row well before that. So that's why we're working on it right now when it is least disruptive. In a way this is preparation for the release, but it isn't "the" release.

Speaking of it, we have worked on all the show stopper bugs, and it seems like we're good here. We will soon build a "release candidate". At the same time however we will start working on the new particle system (well, the particle system as such already exists, just no suitable artwork for it). We will see how much progress we can make with it and if major issues show up. If not, we'll continue to get this implemented before release. If it turns out that there are unforeseen issues that are likely to cost a lot of time to get fixed we may decide to release the release candidate that I mentioned above. I think this offers the best compromise between avoiding massive delays and retaining the chance for a more rounded overall new look.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums