homepage

Phase Two is superb!

Posted By: navy81

Phase Two is superb! - 11/09/11 04:24 PM

John, 8-Lein, Hinch, et al,
You all have really hit it out of the park with RS. Haven't downloaded Phase 1 yet, but Phase 2 is great, and Midway is spectacular - along with Enterprise, Yorktown, Hornet, and all of the objects ( not to mention the missions)! The work, study, and building you all placed into this is not lost on this retired Naval Flight Officer.

One question - No flak bursts in the sky like in WOV. Is that something that just was not built into the sim, or do I need a specific mod line in the effects.ini. Not complaining, just wondering.

Thanks for yet another top-shelf product.

Deke
Navy 81
Posted By: 8 L.E.I.N.

Re: Phase Two is superb! - 11/09/11 07:20 PM

No FLAK????? Now your going to make me go look. I know there was. Any mission in particular?

Re: Phase Two is superb! - 11/09/11 07:29 PM

Heres a quick shot from 420220 Butch O'Hare. Bursts from the DD screen and the Lex. Is that what you meant?

Re: Phase Two is superb! - 11/10/11 06:29 PM

Affirmative. I can hear the guns go off, but no flak bursts in the sky.
also, when ships are hit, they leave a black mark, but no lingering flames. I do have smoke (heavy smoke) when Midway is hit.

Thanks 8.

Deke

Re: Phase Two is superb! - 11/10/11 06:30 PM

I have been on several in the Midway campaign - Bert Earnest, Dick Best and a few of the Japanese attacks on Midway.
I'll check out the others to see.

Re: Phase Two is superb! - 11/10/11 06:56 PM

I'll let John know.

Re: Phase Two is superb! - 11/10/11 07:02 PM

8 - I'm such a putz.
I tinkered around, and found that besides the mods folder (for SF2 version), I had to place the effects folder in the Program files (x86) folder. That solved it.

Sorry for run-around.

Cheers.
Deke
Posted By: zerocinco

Re: Phase Two is superb! - 11/10/11 07:32 PM

I arrived just in time.....
© 2024 SimHQ Forums