homepage

YAP2 ?

Posted By: Curious142

YAP2 ? - 12/04/08 09:39 PM

Is YAP2 still in the works? Just wondering. I'm ready to order whenever it becomes available.

CB
Posted By: malibu43

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/04/08 09:47 PM

Yes it is. Don't know when it's supposed to be ready. Someone on the team will have to answer that.
Posted By: Stormtrooper

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/04/08 09:50 PM

8 threads below this one. wink

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2624189/Re_Happy_Holiday.html#Post2624189
Posted By: zerocinco

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/05/08 03:34 AM

One thing left to do. The @#@$%^&**!!! website. Then we go back online.

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/05/08 06:07 AM

Originally Posted By: zerocinco
One thing left to do. The @#@$%^&**!!! website. Then we go back online.

Good to know. We'll be waiting.

And S-trooper, I saw that thread. I may not be a genius, but I'm not blind. Thanks anyway.

CB

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/08/08 08:04 AM

I think we are closer than the traditional two weeks. I think we are at ten days to go. What started as a 3 month upgrade has taken a year.

Everything seems to work. Some last minute fixes getting our Cobra test pilot into the Cobra. Some last minute inventions. At least two of each carrier class are done. Some pics of the Constellation or the Kitty Hawk.

From the days when there we no longer any Spads.

Waist cat shot off the Constellation in Hai Duong Bridges, the strike that Cunningham was covering. (This is my screensaver shot.) You are element lead. I love those Essex Class carriers but this big deck is nice and the Forrestal is nicer and the E is even nicer. We found out why it's hard to stick a carrier landing. It's a easier now. Hard as hell but easier.

...and this is the first time I landed the Fat Face at the A Shau strip, picked up the downed pilot and got away to safety to land at Danang in Hobo 51

Posted By: tagTaken2

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/08/08 08:27 AM

Looks amazing, love the crowded carrier decks. Landings are going to be messier than usual.

*Checks exchange rate... flinches*
Posted By: Hinchinbrooke

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/08/08 01:08 PM

Nice work on the carrier!

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/08/08 03:02 PM

You're just saying that because it's your carrier, Hinch. : )

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/08/08 05:16 PM

Well...........

But seriously, the third shot is very atmospheric.

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/08/08 09:29 PM

The Connie was my ship too (and VF142 -- first shot -- was my squadron). It all looks great. I'm ready to go.

CB

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/08/08 10:57 PM

<admin hat off>

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p306/yap05/waistcat.jpg

Man that is Shi*t hot bud. Coolest damn screenshot i've seen in a long time

</admin hat off>

<admin hat on>

Awesome job guys. biggrin

(They're all cool btw, but that one is awesome)
Posted By: 8 L.E.I.N.

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/14/08 07:06 AM

Yankee Air Pirate fleet additions.

While the rest of the crew is busting their butts in the shipyard, paintshop and website creation, I have the hardest job of all....testing smile such is life smile

Connie in launch mode, Ranger and Indy in recovery mode. We are working on a nifty little setup so you can match certain planes of the Carrier Air Wing to any given mission.

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/14/08 07:49 AM

This is sounding (and looking) better and better.

CB
Posted By: Bumfluff

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/14/08 08:21 AM

hi - i've been looking at WOV on youtube and was thinking about buying the game through amazon.com (i can't find it in a shop anywhere). but would i be better off waiting a bit and buying the game plus the YAP2 addon from you guys? it looks like you're doing a great job. when will the official website be back in action?

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/14/08 04:18 PM

The website is going up now...at a practice URL. It's a big job to do right. So hang on a while longer.

...and Eightlein left off a bunch of carriers. Probably can't get them all to show up on his Commodore 64.

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/15/08 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: 8 L.E.I.N.
Yankee Air Pirate fleet additions.

While the rest of the crew is busting their butts in the shipyard, paintshop and website creation, I have the hardest job of all....testing smile such is life smile

Connie in launch mode, Ranger and Indy in recovery mode. We are working on a nifty little setup so you can match certain planes of the Carrier Air Wing to any given mission.

One thing you forgot........... all the sailors spelling out the ship names as the camera crew shot past................ copter

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/15/08 06:06 AM

I took a shot with the 11, 14, 19, 31, 41, 43, 61, 62, 63, 64, and 65 with Busby Berkeley girls diving sideways off the flight decks into the ocean and going right into synchronized swimming but since it was not a combat mission, we cannot show it. Sorry.

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/16/08 12:07 AM

I took a shot with the 11, 14, 19, 31, 41, 43, 61, 62, 63, 64, and 65 with Busby Berkeley girls diving sideways off the flight decks into the ocean and going right into synchronized swimming but since it was not a combat mission, we cannot show it. Sorry.

Must have been an expensive shoot. Good times no doubt.
Posted By: colmack

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/16/08 03:29 PM

whoohoo
Oh come on.......give a guy a screenie of

Mustang (Call sign on Yankee Station)

Ageless Warrior
Coral Maru
San Francisco's Own
The Natural
The Big Sea or The Big 'C'
The Operational Queen of the Seventh Fleet
Best In The West
Cruel Sea
Cruel Maru
Hotel 43
CarlC
Olongapo's Own
Coral Maroon
Three Screw Maru
Coral S***
USS Oral Sex
Coral Crunch

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/16/08 04:39 PM

That's funny. We get enough email to know there are as many carrier nuts and airplane nuts. For some reason, the Coral Sea has more than anyone else.

She is in dry dock. Model drawn. Roughed out finish layout. Cruise selected. (We cannot paint the deck airplanes for every cruise. If you have a deployment you prefer, let us know.) She's about a day from finish, two days from tweak patrol, once she gets to the top of the list. The only thing in the way is the Enterprise which 8 (an Enterprise nut) insists be perfect, have a galley with a guy peeling spuds, a full set of Snap-On wrenches in the hangar bay, and visible barnacles. Right after that, the Ageless Warrior will steam into view.

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/17/08 01:52 AM

O5

BigE pre 82 refit is my second favorite Carrier I Loved the "pineapple" it had on it I saw her many times as I crossed the baybridge headin up to NorCal seeing her and the ghost fleet(@)Suisun Bay were the treats of the trip(s)

CVW-15 NL is the most important to me

any of these deployments would be the ones I would like to see
(for VA-153 Blue Tail Flies missions)

WESTPAC CVW-15 12/7/64 - 11/1/65

VF-151 Vigilantes NL 1XX F-4B
VA-165 Boomers NL 2XX A1-H/J
VA-153 Blue Tail Flies NL 3XX A4-C
VF-154 Black Knights NL 4XX F-8D
VA-155 Silver Foxes NL 5XX A-4E
VAH-2 Royal Rampants NL 6XX A-3B
VAW-11 DET DELTA Early Elevens RR-7XX E1-B
VFP-63 DET DELTA Eyes of the Fleet PP 9XX RF-8A
VAP-61 World Recorders SS 9XX RA-3B
HU-1 DET DELTA Pacific Fleet Angels UP XX UH-2A/B

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WESTPAC CVW-15 7/26/67 - 4/6/68

VF-151 Vigilantes NL 1XX F-4B
VF-161 Chargers NL 2XX F4-B
VA-153 Blue Tail Flies NL 3XX A4-C
VA-25 Fist of the Fleet NL 4XX A-1H/J
VA-155 Silver Foxes NL 5XX A-4E
VAH-2 DET 43 Royal Rampants ZA 6XX KA-3B
VAW-13 Zappers VR-7XX EA-1F
VFP-63 DET 43 Eyes of the Fleet NL 71X RF-8G
VAW-116 Sun Kings NL 70X E-2A
HC-1 DET 43 Pacific Fleet Angels UP XX UH-2A
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WESTPAC CVW-15 9/7/68 - 4/18/69

VF-151 Vigilantes NL 1XX F4-B
VF-161 Chargers NL 2XX F4-B
VA-153 Blue Tail Flies NL 3XX A4-F
VA-52 Knightriders NL 4XX A6-A
VFP-63 DET 43 Eyes of the Fleet NL 50X RF-8G
VA-216 Black Diamonds NL 6XX A4-E
VAW-116 Sun Kings NL 010 E-2A
VAQ-130 DET 43 Zappers VR 014 EKA-3B
VAH-10 DET 43 Vikings NL 6XX KA-3B
HC-1 DET 43 Pacific Fleet Angels UP 00X UH-2C

also would like any of these too (for VF-111 Missions)

WESTPAC CVW-15 11/12/71 - 7/17/72

VF-51 Screaming Eagles NL 1XX F-4B
VF-111 Sundowners NL 2XX F4-B
VA-22 Fighting Redcocks NL 3XX A7-E
VA-94 Mighty Shrikes NL 4XX A7-E
VMA(AW)-224 Bengals NL 5XX A6-A/B/KA-6D
VFP-63 DET 5 Eyes of the Fleet NL 60X RF-8G
VAQ-135 DET 3 Black Ravens NL 61X EKA-3B
HC-1 DET 6 Pacific Fleet Angels NL 00X UH-2C
VAW-111 DET 4 Gray Berets NL 01X E-1B

WESTPAC CVW-15 3/9/73 - 11/8/73

VF-51 Screaming Eagles NL 1XX F-4B
VF-111 Sundowners NL 2XX F-4B
VA-94 Mighty Shrikes NL 4XX A7-E
VA-95 Green Lizards NL 5XX A6-A/B/KA-6D
VFP-63 DET 5 Eyes of the Fleet NL 60X RF-8G
VAQ-135 DET 3 Black Ravens NL 61X EKA-3B
HC-1 DET 6 Pacific Fleet Angels NL 00X SH-3G
VAW-111 DET 4 Gray Berets NL 01X E-1B
WESTPAC CVW-15 12/5/74 - 7/2/75

VF-51 Screaming Eagles NL 1XX F4-N
VF-111 Sundowners NL 2XX F4-N
VA-94 Mighty Shrikes NL 3XX A7-E
VA-95 Green Lizards NL 5XX A6-A/KA-6D
VFP-63 DET 5 Eyes of the Fleet NL 61X RF-8G
HC-1 DET 3 Pacific Fleet Angels NL 00X SH-3G
RVAW-110 DET 2 Firebirds NL 01X E-1B

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/17/08 02:08 AM

carrier nuts!

okay. will do. one of those will work certain.

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/17/08 06:55 AM

T'was the Night Before:

T'was a few nights before Christmas and through Coral Sea,
Not a watch was stirring-not even intergrity.
The stockings were hung on the bunks with care
In hopes they'd absorb a little fresh air.

The sailors were squeezed all safe in their bed
In such odd shapes you'd swear they were dead.
Skipper in his kerchief and Exec in his cap,
Were trying to find Subic on the map.

When out on the flight deck there arose such a clatter
I rolled from my rack and fell with a splatter.
Away to the hatch I flew like a flash
Run over a butt kit aaand tore a big gash.

The moon on the crest of the new brewing strom
Gave light as an MAA caught a man out of uniform,
When what to my spray-filled eyes should I see
But a very heavily laden Trader.

With the way the old boy handled that stick
I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick.
More rapid than a Phantom as on he came
In that sputtering bucking frame.

No Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, or Vixen.
But on its side were photo's of LBJ and Nixon.
On and on he made his approach
As if he didn't even need a coach.

And on he came as he began his glide,
Although he was drifting a little to one side.
So on to the vessel's top his course he flew
With a plane full of toys and a letter or two.

And then in a twinkling he hit the 3Rd wire
On this efficient aircaft carrier.
Then out he jumped and off with a bound,
Up the smoke stack, and then down.

Then from the boiler room there came such a clatter,
But this time I knew what was the matter.
As quickly from the stack he reappeared
With his suit smoking, soiled, and seared.

T'was a nice suit with fur from head to foot,
Now all covered with fuel oil and soot.
The bundle of toys he'd flung on his back
Was now in a smoldering, burning sack.

His eyes how they twinged, his dimples how glarry,
His cheeks smarting-he looked pretty "hairy."
His drawl little mouth was chugging black smoke
And I'd sworn up and down he was goin to choke.

And the beard of his chin was there no more-
Only singed stubble where it'd been before,
But the stump of his pipe he still held in his teeth
As smoke engulfed his head like a wreath.

He had a hot face and just a as hot belly,
Though not shaking with laughter-cause he felt smelly.
He was short and fat, a right sour old elf,
But I laughed at him anyway just to spite myself.

A blink of his eye and a jerk of his head
Soon gave me to know he wished I'd drop dead,
But he spoke not a word and he really turned to
Distributing toys from forecastle to screw.

Then with his finger a thumbing his nose,
He received his signals from the flight deck PO's
And jumping into his plane and giving all it's do.
Away down the flight deack and away he flew.

Then we stopped to realize what all he'd been through,
And we sorta hated it too-
So we yelled and exclaimed as he flew out of sight,
"Happy Christmas to you"-and "have a good flight."

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/22/08 02:45 AM

How's this?

Posted By: streakeagle

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/22/08 04:23 AM

The 3-d detail looks great. I am really looking forward to flying from this ship.
AFAIK, the "65" was painted on the small base of the superstructure at least as late as 1976 and every Vietnam era photo I have ever seen has the "billboard" radar panels painted white (though knowing Navy terminology it was probably called "light gray" even though it looks white in photos).

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/22/08 05:13 AM

You're right.

We haven't settled on which way to do it since we only get to do the Launch and Recovery versions for one basic cruise. We have ways of switching airplanes but no way to switch the ship. I think we have about decided upon the 68 cruise in which case they get a coat of white paint.

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/22/08 07:02 AM

wow!! OMG she looks so sweet O5!!! ok now for some meat I just got a new system this week end (well its otw) it's a core 2 duo E8400, 2 gigs ram, 256 vid card, please say it will handle Yap2's new goodies

p.s. I know I should have got a bigger vid card but I had to compromise as were talkin I had to clean out the pickel jar...

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/22/08 09:45 PM

Colmack,

My system is similar to yours. It will run fine on that setup but you will have to do the trial and error for your in game graphics setup. I suggest starting out with the terrain, ground objects and effects on medium, no mirrors or shadows. Water on high.

There will be 3 environment choices supplied. Low, Med and High to aid with your clouds/weather settings. Hope this gives you some idea.
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/23/08 01:16 AM

Is the YAP2 release date goal still Christmas cheers or has it moved back to New Year's now goodnight ???

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/23/08 03:48 AM

I made the mistake of moving the domain to a new server. Now we are stuck awaiting the transfer so the site can go up, ecommerce restarted, files uploaded, yada yada yada...

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/26/08 08:49 PM

zerocinco:
With moving to a new server, is New Years release date out of the question or we back to "two weeks" again ???

Panama Red

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/26/08 08:52 PM

Server finally fixed. Site going up a little at a time. It should go fast now.

Re: YAP2 ? - 12/30/08 02:59 PM

zerocinco:
I have not noticed any change to the YAP2 website since last weekend, still having server problems ???

Panama Red
Posted By: TOMCAT7

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/02/09 11:09 PM

Hi Zerocinco hope you guys are having a Happy new Year any update on these yet please let us know when you can.

Cheers

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/03/09 08:41 PM

Deuces is doing his best, should not be long. While we have the time, Zerocinco got Intrepid, Hancock and Bon Homme Richard into the paint shop. They took their respective air wings aboard and have been undergoing trials.

The Coral Sea is about to leave the yard.

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/04/09 12:15 AM

Very cool thank you for the update looking foward to this!!

Many thanks!

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/04/09 03:54 AM

The delay isn't because of the delivery of goodies. There is a steady stream of things coming in. YAP 2 is done as are the next two mission sets. YAP 2 will be sent out via CD because even as an installer it is 500 megabytes. MSN 1120 is only 80 megs as an installer. There is an aircraft carrier in every set as well as several aircraft. It's the only way we could delivery this much data. We are going to send a coupon to YAPpers so they get a break getting it.

The delay is the website. It is a huge undertaking to accurately portray for a total newguy what we are presenting. If it was just you guys, we would have plastered up a picture and stuck it on Paypal two months ago. We are going after people who are not as sophisticated in dealing with Third Wire games as you guys.

Deuces is a magician but even magicians have day jobs. It's pretty frustrating to be sitting on refueling, jungle, villages, carriers, oceans, clouds, lights and extremely realistic stories for these details but it has to be right. We owe it to all the people who told us their stories or who put their effort into this to not be some cheesy arcade. Deuces and I did refueling over a year ago. Mike must have tested and installed it on every possible airplane a million times. And there it has sat.

Shortly, we will have a sample mission up on the site you will be able to see how we bring the player into the mission. If you want to believe you are there, you can. Each set will have ten "counters" and several bonus missions. The bonus missions are every bit as good as the others. We just liked the ring of 100-missions and had too many stories to tell.

Now that the ships are all done...and, yes, I will post a picture of the Ageless Warrior when I get her tomorrow (we have a special trick for keeping her current)...we move on to aircraft. There are a few minor pieces left that we need for future stories. I have been contacted by people who have yarns to spin.

I was wondering if there was enough interest from WOE/WOI players to justify doing the Nimitz Class. We have it but it is not Vietnam era and not scheduled to go now. But if we could pay some bills by putting them together, it would make one particular modeler very happy.
Posted By: Evil Flower

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/04/09 03:58 AM

Any chance of a recce mission with the RA-5C now that I released one and all?
Posted By: Stratos

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/04/09 09:46 AM

Will be possible to really refuel on the missions? You know puting plane on place and see how the fuel goes up?
Posted By: MigBuster

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/04/09 04:17 PM

A payware Nimitz as a standalone carrier?? - you would think that would be quite popular - no harm in selling that too is there?

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/04/09 07:52 PM

Evil: We would need to be able to distribute (not sell) the model to do that. It's easy for people on SimHQ to just plug in an airplane. Someone from another genre isn't going to pay YAP money then have to go sourcing their tools. I tried to get the RF101C that way but will have to spend the time and money it takes to make our own for one mission. AD and MontyCZ let us distribute their stuff for that same reason. People want it all when they pay.

Another problem is that we don't know any A-5 stories. I might find one through a friend from the Ranger but since I don't know any, I cannot just create one out of thin air. In the case of the RF-101C, my stepfather was squadron commander at Tan Son Nhut and a cousin was shot down near Sam Neau in one.

Stratos: On any mission beyond a realistic range for internal fuel, you must hit the tanker or you will not make it. Some missions require pre-strike and post-strike. They are an integral part of the mission. In some missions, they are the point itself. (and, no, it's not a fancy afterburner).

MiG: I will check into it. If enough people wanted them, we could do it in any configuration. Since it's not part of YAP, it would just be something to offset some of our costs. I guess we are doing an RF101C now so the costs just went up.
Posted By: Grunt0331

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/04/09 10:05 PM

The delay isn't because of the delivery of goodies. There is a steady stream of things coming in. YAP 2 is done as are the next two mission sets. YAP 2 will be sent out via CD because even as an installer it is 500 megabytes. MSN 1120 is only 80 megs as an installer. There is an aircraft carrier in every set as well as several aircraft. It's the only way we could delivery this much data. We are going to send a coupon to YAPpers so they get a break getting it.

The delay is the website. It is a huge undertaking to accurately portray for a total newguy what we are presenting. If it was just you guys, we would have plastered up a picture and stuck it on Paypal two months ago. We are going after people who are not as sophisticated in dealing with Third Wire games as you guys.

Deuces is a magician but even magicians have day jobs. It's pretty frustrating to be sitting on refueling, jungle, villages, carriers, oceans, clouds, lights and extremely realistic stories for these details but it has to be right. We owe it to all the people who told us their stories or who put their effort into this to not be some cheesy arcade. Deuces and I did refueling over a year ago. Mike must have tested and installed it on every possible airplane a million times. And there it has sat.

While I respect your approach, I can't say I agree with it. In my humble (and irrelevant) opinion, your loyalty should be first and foremost to the guys who shelled out over $100 on YAP1 and who have been patiently, an d eagerly awaiting the release of YAP2. Its sort of a "slap in the face" to hear that YAP2 is ready to go, but isn't being released just so you can finish some "window dressing" on the website. The more I think about this, the more absurd it sounds. How many "new" customers do you think you're going to get by sprucing up your website upon release? You've got a core of YAP1 guys ready to lay out their hard earned cash NOW. But instead, we're told we could have had it 2 months ago, and now have to wait even longer so that you can implement a more intensive marketing strategy in order to get new customers who aren't familiar with thirdwire products. Maybe its just my cold making me grumpy, but this just doesn't seem right, or fair to the guys who have been with YAP since the beginning.

I really understand the importance of maximizing your sales, but you aren't going to be selling YAP to guys playing FPS games on the xbox360. I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck that the vast majority of potential YAP customers already know about it, and if they are going to buy it, its going to be because they received feedback from the hardcore YAP enthusiasts like myself and all the other guys who have been waiting for YAP2.

I'm not trying to start a flame war here. I appreciate everything the YAP guys are doing and you can count me in as the first guy in line to buy YAP2, but the above is how I honestly feel and I believe I am justified in expressing those feelings.

Semper Fi
Posted By: Coota0

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/04/09 11:30 PM

Another problem is that we don't know any A-5 stories. I might find one through a friend from the Ranger but since I don't know any, I cannot just create one out of thin air. In the case of the RF-101C, my stepfather was squadron commander at Tan Son Nhut and a cousin was shot down near Sam Neau in one.

These guys may be willing to help you out if you tell them about your project... Air Warriors

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/05/09 12:55 AM

Flame away. It's good for sales. No such thing as bad PR.

I understand your position. Imagine how anxious we are since we have 3 years and tens of thousands of dollars tied up in it.
Posted By: exhausted

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/05/09 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Grunt0331

While I respect your approach, I can't say I agree with it. In my humble (and irrelevant) opinion, your loyalty should be first and foremost to the guys who shelled out over $100 on YAP1 and who have been patiently, an d eagerly awaiting the release of YAP2. Its sort of a "slap in the face" to hear that YAP2 is ready to go, but isn't being released just so you can finish some "window dressing" on the website. The more I think about this, the more absurd it sounds. How many "new" customers do you think you're going to get by sprucing up your website upon release? You've got a core of YAP1 guys ready to lay out their hard earned cash NOW. But instead, we're told we could have had it 2 months ago, and now have to wait even longer so that you can implement a more intensive marketing strategy in order to get new customers who aren't familiar with thirdwire products. Maybe its just my cold making me grumpy, but this just doesn't seem right, or fair to the guys who have been with YAP since the beginning.

I really understand the importance of maximizing your sales, but you aren't going to be selling YAP to guys playing FPS games on the xbox360. I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck that the vast majority of potential YAP customers already know about it, and if they are going to buy it, its going to be because they received feedback from the hardcore YAP enthusiasts like myself and all the other guys who have been waiting for YAP2.

I'm not trying to start a flame war here. I appreciate everything the YAP guys are doing and you can count me in as the first guy in line to buy YAP2, but the above is how I honestly feel and I believe I am justified in expressing those feelings.

Semper Fi

are you a machine gunner or a mortarman?
Posted By: Subguru

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/05/09 01:18 AM

Patience is a virtue.

ar15

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/05/09 07:40 AM

Patiently waitin for my coupon tactical
Posted By: Stratos

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/05/09 03:10 PM

Looking forward to this release. Specially for the refueling, will love the need to refuel during game!
Thank's!!
Posted By: jack72

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/05/09 06:03 PM

If we are headed for an all in one installation via a CD,,,I am all for that. Makes things a lot easier even for those that have a bit of experience with SF series. Also, making things easier for newbies is the best way to get them to try new things which eventually makes a larger community.

If word on this series gets out...maybe retail in the future to reach the masses.

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/05/09 06:12 PM

Easy way is just download with full support and it keeps their cost down and helps us by keeping the price down on the cost of missions just a thought.
Posted By: rcampb17

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/06/09 02:14 AM

As a newbie, I have to add my two cents.

I am new to the Thirdwire scene. However, in the past month, I have bought WOV, WOE and SF2 (I'm running Vista with a DX 10 capable graphics card).

Since I first bought WOV, I have been going to the YAP site trying to buy it. I can't even get YAP 1 let alone YAP 2. So, I'm not sure what the strategy is here. From what I've heard from others, the program sounds great. What few images I've been able to find look great. The missions sound great.

At this point, I'm probably just as frustrated as the loyal YAP 1 users. I'd like to just buy the program and experience it instead of hearing how great it is.

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/06/09 05:18 AM

I think I will sit in for one more card.

You detect a strategy? You failed to read all the explanations, didn't you? YAP1 is not for sale. It was completed and pulled down forever. Gone. Poof! All deals kept. 100 missions. Plug pulled.

YAP2 is taking longer to produce than we had expected...but then I think I said that clearly several times.

We have not announced the release of YAP2 yet. We have shown some screenshots because we are very proud of what we have been doing and thought people would like to see them.

When it is for sale, it will probably be announced first on SimHQ. If you do not see an announcement or banner ad, it is not on the market yet.

I have a lot to do to complete YAP2 so for now I will discontinue responding since apparently all there is to gain is the occasional offering of two cents.

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/06/09 07:58 AM

Fair enough, I find comments where people feel entitled to something they haven't paid for annoying. Some of the ones I've seen recently for SoW are breathtaking in their arrogance.

I think a lot of us got psyched for a Christmas release for YAP, unfortunately.

If refueling is included, and an easy install, that's great news.

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/06/09 09:07 AM

To everyone who is eagerly waiting for the release of YAP2 (which certainly includes me): let's show our maturity and not let our emotions (such as impatience) get the better of us. I'm sure that the YAP team is doing all anyone would be able to do to release YAP2 asap. Let's not create any unpleasantness here by whining and complaining and criticizing and begging. Nobody wants YAP2 to be released as much as the YAP team does, so let's show them our support by behaving ourselves (at least in this forum).

CB
Posted By: rcampb17

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/06/09 11:53 PM

I'd love to offer you more than "two cents", but I keep getting "Purchase will be available soon". fearful

I'm not trying to tick anyone off and maybe I'm way off base here, but it appeared to me that the hold-up was finishing up the website to lure newbies to the program. I was merely saying that as a newbie, I'm sold, I just need to get my hands on a copy.

If I'm wrong about the hold up, my sincere apologies to anyone I've offended.
Posted By: Deuces80th

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/07/09 03:16 AM

Guys-

The build of the website is much more than window dressing and not initialized to attract "X-Box FPS'rs" that do understand what YAP is all about. It's about product quality and delivery.

It serves to be informative to those that might be interested but more so will serve as the source for members to access all of the newer offerings in YAP2. Members will have access to a wealth of information and content not previously available in YAP1.It also will allow the YAP Team a direct interface to members outside of the age old email that 05 was most likely inundated with on YAP1. The site is being built to be dynamic and allows 05 the ability to populate, update and edit without having to touch a web editor. This all will improve delivery of subsequent missions and content at a speed he is most likely not use to.

Again the idea was not bring big $$, this is a niche product and YAP understands that, but more to inform and improve on the product. While it has been a lengthy process, there was more going on (on my end) behind the scenes besides the website. Adding terrain details; trees-tiles-clouds-etc. which has been going on and was not completed 2 months ago.

I offered up to 05 my services, at no charge, to help bring the YAP website up to a professional look that was fitting to the concept of the idea. This was no small task with the current build and administrative backend, although not visible, currently at 750+ files/images and over 100 folders. I apologize for the delay. Please be patient and I'm sure you will be happy with the end result.

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/07/09 04:19 AM

Thank you Deuces for this YAP Team doing Great Thank You!!!!
Posted By: VT-51_Razor

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/08/09 07:50 AM

I'm completely new to the 3rd Wire community and am a hopeless wannabe virtual Naval Aviator. Exactly what do I have to purchase in order for me to fly this YAP2?? I mean, I realize that it is not yet ready for prime time, but what software do I need to have ALREADY installed in order for YAP2 to run, once it does come out? Do I have to have Vista to see this in all it's glory? Is it a multi-player game, or strictly single player?

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/08/09 09:03 AM

There's some indication- and I could be wrong- that they will sell a copy of Wings over Vietnam (the original game) to you with YAP2, maybe already patched over.

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/08/09 02:38 PM

So, this is an add-on to Wings over Viet Nam? I don't need to buy the original Strike Fighters?

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/08/09 02:39 PM

Nope you just need Wings over Vietnam. Strike fighters is a different game.
Posted By: soulfreak

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/08/09 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Stormtrooper
Nope you just need Wings over Vietnam. Strike fighters is a different game.

Stormtrooper youīre not right. wink
YAP2 includes WoV.
so you need nothing! wink

You would not have to buy WOV again to use YAP2.
You would not pay full rate for YAP2 as a YAP1 customer.
You will have to pay something because this is a different product that costs us a lot of time and money to create. Your YAP1 does not stop working, you know.
You will most certainly have to pay freight and handling for the CD.

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/09/09 05:27 AM

Thanks Stormtrooper, and soulfreak. Is it single player only?

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/09/09 06:54 AM

Nope, WoV has the multiplayer option.
But i think the YAP specifiet missions are single player...

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/09/09 07:52 AM

Originally Posted By: soulfreak

Stormtrooper youīre not right. wink
YAP2 includes WoV.
so you need nothing! wink

...yet YAP2 includes WOV which means it needs it right? so it's safe to say you need WOV or else YAP2 on it's own won't work wink

It's an add-on.

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/09/09 02:07 PM

ok ok, mate! biggrin

But when you buy YAP2 you get WoV too. neaner
So you havenīt got to buy wov first....

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/09/09 03:16 PM

Thanks for the reply. I will definitely be getting this!!

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/09/09 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: soulfreak
ok ok, mate! biggrin

But when you buy YAP2 you get WoV too. neaner
So you havenīt got to buy wov first....

biggrin

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/09/09 05:10 PM

soulfreak:
O5 did not say that every YAP2 CD had WoV on it. He stated earlier that at that point there were three versions, and different cost for each version:
1. YAP2 with WoV
2. YAP2
3. Addons only

Panama Red

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/09/09 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Panama Red
soulfreak:
O5 did not say that every YAP2 CD had WoV on it. He stated earlier that at that point there were three versions, and different cost for each version:
1. YAP2 with WoV
2. YAP2
3. Addons only

Panama Red

Ok Ok Ok Ok!!!

if you have WoV, you can only buy the YAP2 Add on.

but if you havenīt got WoV, you can buy both (Game & Add on)! biggrin biggrin biggrin

btw, i canīt wait for YAP2!!! pilot

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/09/09 08:46 PM

...but wait!! If you order now, for the incredible low,low price of just $599.95 you can get 8 LEINS own test version of YAP3. Includes never before seen goodies and formula's!! Its a mere 17.43GB! Only a few hundred hours of testing on the engine!! Such a deal!!! U.S. Cash on the barrel. No COD's please. Shipping extra. Dont miss out on this incredible offer!!

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/09/09 10:21 PM

...but wait!! If you order now, for the incredible low,low price of just $599.95 you can get 8 LEINS own test version of YAP3. Includes never before seen goodies and formula's!! Its a mere 17.43GB! Only a few hundred hours of testing on the engine!! Such a deal!!! U.S. Cash on the barrel. No COD's please. Shipping extra. Dont miss out on this incredible offer!!

Where, where, sign me up woot dancinfools

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/09/09 11:50 PM

Me too. It may take a while, but I can save up $599.95 for YAP3.

CB

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/21/09 08:07 PM

Is the release of YAP2 still "in the works"? It's just my personal observation, but there doesn't seem to be much visible progress anywhere. I wouldn't ask if I wasn't looking forward to YAP2.

CB
Posted By: Wedge

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/21/09 10:51 PM

http://www.yankeeairpirate.net/

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/22/09 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: [RS

I know about the YAP website. What about it? It hasn't shown any progress, to the best of my knowledge, for quite a while now. I'm just wondering what, if anything, is going on with releasing YAP2. I wouldn't be trying to find out what's going on if I wasn't anticipating YAP2. I suppose that I could email directly to YAP if nothing shows up here.
Posted By: Deuces80th

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/22/09 12:35 AM

Curious - While progress is not evident on the front page, I can assure you a lot has been going on with the backend or admin side. This phase needs to be completed in order to provide the ability for purchase, provide members extras and downloads and much more. It is very close and the only delays have been 05 and my RL hours. We both have fulltime busy jobs that get in the way.

I'll leave it to 05 to provide any timeline but I can say we are doing everything possible to finalize the details.

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/22/09 01:25 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm still along for the YAP2 ride.

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/23/09 07:33 PM

YAP v2 will be released on SimHQ first.

Something like this cannot be presented in a brown paper bag.

Look at the screenshots. Use your imagination. That's what it looks like all the time in every mission. The deck of the Coral Sea is a mess. The jungles have only the order that Nature would press upon them. The clouds occur where and when they are least convenient. A lot of work has gone into creating chaos. The end result is that nobody will notice. YOU will. You know the history of the game...pre-trees, pre-clouds, pre-anything-but-Hanoi. But people new to the game will just see 'real' and they will take it for granted. I never once looked at a cloud in the sky and thought "Hey! That looks real!" I don't want you to either.

The most talented people in the Third Wire world created the pieces of Yankee Air Pirate. We don't want to have insisted on accuracy and quality all along and at the last, just drop the bar. You will pick up your mission and go fly it. And you will think about the reality behind it. If we succeed, you won't see all the men behind the curtain.

So, two weeks.
Posted By: citizen guod

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/23/09 07:45 PM

thumbsup

We're ready.
Posted By: 531 Ghost

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/23/09 08:20 PM

YAP v2 will be released on SimHQ first.

So, two weeks.

yeah

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/23/09 08:22 PM

And yes, I remember the deck of the Coral Sea, although not Viet Nam era we kept her pretty ship shape. wink

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/23/09 10:33 PM

531 Ghost:
I hope you realize what he means by "two weeks". It means when it gets done, it gets done, and that is not two weeks in real time.

Panama Red

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/23/09 10:55 PM

You have broken the TK Code.

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/23/09 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Panama Red
531 Ghost:
I hope you realize what he means by "two weeks". It means when it gets done, it gets done, and that is not two weeks in real time.

Panama Red

Yeah, I've been around this block, once, or twice wink

2 weeks = whatever it takes. zerocinco, lookin' forward to YAP2, whenever.

Re: YAP2 ? - 01/23/09 11:52 PM

Ghost you said it! Thank you for the update Zerocinco.

Cheers

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/10/09 02:32 PM

Will you be able to tank in YAP2? (air to air refuel)

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/11/09 05:19 AM

Yes. In any mission where the internal fuel is unlikely to get you there and back, you have to tank...or you don't get home.

Gas up behind an A-4, KA-6, KA-3B, KC-135, and HC-130P.

No more BS. YAP2 release days away. The delay was not to complete the carriers, but we did.

And it wasn't to acquire more planes, but we did. Nils was nice enough to let us use his A-5. Kesselbrut loaned us a terrific Huey gunship pit with lots of tricks.

We were able to get our Cobra ready. We needed it for RT Kansas. Our beta tester was there...and is now in Afghanistan.

And the newest aircraft is a surprise...the one big oversight for all this time will finally be filled in.

The helicopters fly like helicopters. The world looks real. And TK's engine is the very best medium for telling stories. That's what we do.

Stay tuned to SimHQ...

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/11/09 07:47 AM

damn, that looks great!!!
canīt wait for it!!!

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/11/09 08:14 AM

Sims always seem to have their fights in the clear blue...

But Southeast Asia is often a very gloomy place.

But then sometimes, it was a bright and cheery place, too.

VA-212 Scooter stories from both ends of the war. Flaming Dart and Easter Offensive.
Posted By: Vekiq

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/11/09 08:49 AM

Hi Guys,

Its looking really nice, looking forward to it.

WOV does not work on Vista 64 bit, WOI has some issues with it too, only Strike Fighters 2 work with out any issues on Vista 64 bit. I heard of fix for WOI that makes things nice and smooth for vista users, but its nowhere to be found, strange one.

My real and only question is will YAP2 + WOV work on Vista/Vista64 bit?

Cheers

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/11/09 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Vekiq
Hi Guys,

Its looking really nice, looking forward to it.

WOV does not work on Vista 64 bit, WOI has some issues with it too, only Strike Fighters 2 work with out any issues on Vista 64 bit. I heard of fix for WOI that makes things nice and smooth for vista users, but its nowhere to be found, strange one.

My real and only question is will YAP2 + WOV work on Vista/Vista64 bit?

Cheers

Good question. Does YAP2 enable WOV to run on Vista64-bit? You may have answered you own question (before you asked it).

CB

p.s. YAP2 keeps looking better and better.
Posted By: skeemo

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/11/09 01:40 PM

???
WOV runs fine with the latest patch in vista64 here, so does WOE and WOI
Posted By: Vekiq

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/11/09 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: skeemo
???

hmm, interesting for you to say that.
Game does run, yes, but menu screens are not working correctly, it is pain to change any setting. When i move mouse in menus it spills all over the place, you end up with hundreds of mouse pointers all over the screen, which makes applying any changes very difficult. Same happens with drop down menus, or control assigments, every line just duplicates itself, really strange, you dont have this problem?

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/11/09 02:03 PM

Would you be able to let us know what type of machine we will need to run this version.
I assume it will be a computer....lol

I have Intel 8400 with Nvidia 9600 GT...4 gig ram....winXP SP2....is this enough to run with full specs.
Posted By: Dirk98

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/11/09 05:31 PM

Very good job, the newer GFX and the air refuling feature already make this game worth waiting, and I know that YAP1 was great. If only TK could add realistic bomb sight code to those jets...

Dirk.
Posted By: Ark

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/11/09 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Stormtrooper
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p306/yap05/waistcat.jpg

Holy crap!

That looks great!
Posted By: Ark

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/11/09 06:52 PM

???

Game does run, yes, but menu screens are not working correctly, it is pain to change any setting. When i move mouse in menus it spills all over the place, you end up with hundreds of mouse pointers all over the screen, which makes applying any changes very difficult. Same happens with drop down menus, or control assigments, every line just duplicates itself, really strange, you dont have this problem?

WOV and WOE work perfectly for me on Vista64. No strange mouse issues or anything like that. In fact, it runs pretty much the same as Strike Fighters 2 does. It sounds like you might perhpas have a driver/hardware issue somewhere.
Posted By: skeemo

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/11/09 07:59 PM

???

nope i really do not have any of this problems
Posted By: Chucky

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/11/09 08:08 PM

I have Vista 64 too and WOE runs fine.Having a few problems with some mods however,but the game itself behaves very well.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/11/09 10:11 PM

I'll TAKE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Wedge

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/12/09 12:40 AM

I wish there was a packaged deal for all the different types of aircraft - a set for each type. For example, a set available for all A-4 missions, all F-105 missions, all the F-4 missions, ect.

I really enjoy the F-4s and this is all I fly in WOV.

Looks like one awesome product!
Posted By: mynameismatt

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/12/09 02:08 AM

I want this. BAD. :-)

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/12/09 10:22 PM

If I understand the situation correctly, YAP2 will not run with the latest patch for WOV. And WOV will not run on Vista -- or, at least, not completely correctly without the latest patch. Therefore, it would seem (at least to me) that YAP2 will not run on Vista absolutely correctly. Someone please correct me if I misunderstand the situation.

CB

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/12/09 11:59 PM

I think the issue with the patch was the helo's, witch from what I understand has a work around.
Posted By: _michal

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/13/09 09:36 AM

I hope so, I use WoV under Vista too, and I'm looking into YAP2.

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/13/09 07:18 PM

YAP will run on Vista. The instructions are included with the product. We cannot set up the machine from our end.

YAP will not run on the newest patch. It might but we haven't had the time to work on it. The problem IS the helicopters. Months went into the flight model and Vietnam without helicopters is not what we wanted to present. YAP2 is sold with WOV and the first two patches. In my last conversation with TK, he said that the downloaded version does not include the newest patch. So, for now new people can play the Yankee Air Pirate version of Wings Over Vietnam.

The game comes out in a few days. Then I will work on getting the helicopter to fly in the newest patch. It seems all things are possible if you are willing to grind through the testing and have a reason. We would like the things in the newest patch but cannot present the Air War in Southeast Asia without helicopters.

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/13/09 08:17 PM

Can you give me an idea what the computer specs will be to run YAP2 in full graphic mode?
Posted By: swambast

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/13/09 09:46 PM

Quote:
We would like the things in the newest patch but cannot present the Air War in Southeast Asia without helicopters.

Right on John...if that means sticking to the old patch, that is totally worth it in my humble opinion. Looking forward to the release...all the best!

Swambast
Posted By: Subguru

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/13/09 11:56 PM

The game comes out in a few days.

band

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/14/09 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: jack72
Can you give me an idea what the computer specs will be to run YAP2 in full graphic mode?

Jack,

We posted something prior but I cant find it. Anyways, Deuces and Zerocinco have created 3 different Environment INIS and 3 different VietnamSea_data inis for you to choose from. Low, Med and High, all tailored around clouds, jungle and water, trying to find a happy place for low to high end systems.
YAP2 comes shipped using the high inis. Add on skins will also have an affect.

CAUTION: WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT PATCH YAP2 TO THE OCTOBER 08 PATCH. YOU WILL POOCH YOUR GAME.

I would say specs would be on low end:

2.0ghz cpu
1GB RAM
256MB on board graphics.
On board sound is fine.

So anything above that and your in good shape.
Posted By: navy81

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/14/09 06:37 PM

8 LEIN,
I downloaded WOV late fall of 08, and it shows that it has the Oct 08 patch. Any idea how to proceed with YAP 2 install?

WR/
Deke

Navy81

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/14/09 06:57 PM

Frankly, dont. Helos wont work as well as addon AC, static AC will mess up the airfields, objects, decals etc. Sorry but Yankee Air Pirate is its own animal.

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/14/09 07:00 PM

And YAPv2 comes with the original game and the two needed patches attached.

http://www.yankeeairpirate.net/buyyap.html

...and, no, the buy page is not running for a couple more days.
Posted By: lbuchele

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/14/09 08:19 PM

YAP2 team has made AI tweaking in WOV or we have to play the campaign using the old AI? confused

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/14/09 10:53 PM

First, YAP is not good with Campaigns. We tell individual stories. Second, the new and improved AI is in the October '08 patch and YAP is not as good with that patch installed.
Posted By: lbuchele

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/17/09 12:34 PM

OK,you had me.I just bought it right now.
BTW the mission sets will be delivered for USD 10 each?

Re: YAP2 ? - 02/17/09 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: lbuchele
OK,you had me.I just bought it right now.
BTW the mission sets will be delivered for USD 10 each?

Nope. You go get em at the YAP website as downloads after you get your membership ID and password.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums