homepage

pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars

Posted By: SteveGee

pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/03/12 09:22 AM

At first, I thought some of these were RL pictures....absolutely fantastic!

pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars

Gonna have to save up for a Cray2 if this keeps up... biggrin
Posted By: Darren_Blythe

Re: pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/03/12 10:00 AM

Yup. Taking one of the open wheelers round Silverstone in cloudy whether felt so real that made the hairs on my neck stand up. It was a truly evocative experience. I'm looking forward to today's build.

I don't need a cray. For me pCARS at max detail already runs at over 3 times the frame rate of rF2 with the settings turned down! hahaha
Posted By: Meurig

Re: pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/03/12 10:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Darren_Blythe
I don't need a cray. For me pCARS at max detail already runs at over 3 times the frame rate of rF2 with the settings turned down! hahaha

Likewise!
Posted By: Pumbaa666

Re: pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/03/12 11:35 AM

DAMN!!!!!
Posted By: Bruce

Re: pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/03/12 02:57 PM

Just got Rfactor2, but after seeing this I'm wanting this bigtime,.I couldn't find it at the website, but what is included as far as cars and tracks?
Also i don't have the fastest download speeds on my DSL. How big are the files you need to download?
Posted By: RSColonel_131st

Re: pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/03/12 03:15 PM

Goes to show what a "for PC" development can get away with if they don't have the DX9 console restrictions.

Re: pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/03/12 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Darren_Blythe

It's just the opposite for me, I have to turn pCARS down to get any semi-smoothness...that, and they crazy FFB I was getting on my old wheel. Hoping that changes with the new one.

Re: pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/03/12 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Bruce
Just got Rfactor2, but after seeing this I'm wanting this bigtime,.I couldn't find it at the website, but what is included as far as cars and tracks?
Also i don't have the fastest download speeds on my DSL. How big are the files you need to download?

Here's things as they stand in today's build which as available to all members. Most licences are still being decided which is why there's a bit of badge swapping going on wink

Cars

Caterham Superlight 500
Formula A (F1)
Formula B (F2)
Gumpert Apollo S
Kart
Superkart 250
Leonus F68 Cromwell V8 ('68 Lotus F1)
Leonus F77 Cromwell V8 ('77 Lotus F1)
Leonus F86 Pirault Turbo ('86 Lotus F1)
Racer L4 RS (Radical)
Racer V8 RS (Radical V8)
Ariel Atom 300 Supercharged
Ariel Atom 500 V8
Ariel Atom Mugen
Assano LM11 TDX (Audi Lemans Proto)
Assano X4 (Auidi DTM)

Tracks

Northampton (Silverstone)
Summerton (kart)
Chesterfield (kart)
Glencairn Full/east/west/reverse (kart)
Bathurst
Belgian Forest (Spa)
California Raceway (Willow Springs)
Bologna GP/reverse (Imola)
Conneticut Hill GP/short/reverse (Watkins Glen)
Test Track including
-Skidpan
-Oval
-Hillclimb
-dragstrip
-humps and jumps

You join by visiting the forum and purchasing a tool pack which gives you a range of benefits depending how much you 'invest'. Bear in mind that it's currently in pre-alpha so almost everything is unfinished and some features such as multiplayer don't even exist yet.

This gives more info: http://www.wmdportal.com/about/
You can join from the home page by clicking the 'join now' icon on the right: http://www.wmdportal.com/

Download is currently about 1.75GB so it takes a while smile

Re: pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/03/12 07:53 PM

Am i reading this right... have they put in 64 car races at spa? if so.. yowsers..

Re: pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/03/12 08:10 PM

Yes, although there's only 32 gridslots until they open up the other side of the pits. smile
Posted By: Valar

Re: pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/03/12 10:08 PM

Build 144 is pretty amazing. Getting into that F1 racer at Spa had me alternatively gritting my teeth and grinning like a madman :-)

I've never experienced FFB that good before. For kicks compare the Radical in Iracing at Watkins Glenn with the Project Cars Radical at 'Connecticut short', same track, same car.
Posted By: purolator

Re: pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/03/12 10:29 PM

These screenshots look simply awesome! jawdrop
Posted By: Bruce

Re: pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/03/12 10:30 PM

Well I couldn't wait and joined today, although it could take a while to download it.

Re: pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/03/12 10:34 PM

I must have something set up wrong.

I ran the Formula A at Bologna (Imola) and there's just no sense of speed while on track whatsoever. The speed stated over 200KPH as I was leaving the pits and it felt like I wasn't doing 50KPH at the most. I run Imola in most every racing game I've got as a comparison and for some reason, the scenery going by there just looks like it's in slow motion.

Maybe I should try a different track.... dizzy

Re: pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/03/12 10:39 PM

I've been getting that for the last couple of builds too. The FOV for the cockpit cams is a bit screwed at the mo. Try driving from the hood or changing the FOV wink

This is the first sim where i actually prefer the hood cam. It just makes the cars feel more lively.

Re: pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/03/12 10:56 PM

Yeah, there's a definite difference between cockpit and hood cam. I'll have to play with the FOV to see if I can get it any better inside that gorgeous cockpit...in DX11, the thing is stunning.
Posted By: Piotr

Re: pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/04/12 12:04 AM

Steve, as DB said, play with FOV (camera angle as they call it). You can do it in optios for every camera, or better even, assign buttons, and adjust it while in cockpit. Then you can assign separate buttons for seat up/down/forward/backward. I managed this way to get perfect size of the dash/wheel on screen and great immerion in FOV at the same time.

In general, there has been good few weeks, since I tested the builds. And boy oh boy. How great this one is!!!!!!

First and most of all... No steering lag for me!. Yeah!!!!!!!

I first took 68' Lotus at Watkins Glen. They added drivers arms. And DX 11 they are just frightingly realistic. I screamed frighted when I went of throttle in pitlate and adjusted my hands grip on wheel, becasue'virtuals' fingers did the same on scree in same time LOL

With Formula A you can see fingers moving on paddles behind the wheel.

With DX11 I have all graphics set to ultra or high, and I get 90+ FPS all the time.

As far as immersion of driving in cockpit is concerned, this thing already is just mindblowing. The car around you is so real you just want to reach and touch it.

Re: pCARS Ultra High Detail Cars - 02/04/12 09:58 AM

Am i the only one still struggling with getting a decent feel throguh my fanatec.. A couple of builds ago i thought i had it cracked with decent FFB and good, crisp, accurate adn responsive steering.. but i am back to a heavy, pulling feel on the wheel and a gliding feel on the track.

I know settings are personal but anyone with a Fanatec care to share their in game and on wheel settings?

Cheers
Marcus.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums