homepage

Weather Question

Posted By: CAVCPT

Weather Question - 09/03/13 01:35 PM

Fellow Pilots,

Morning. So my new love (this week at least) is AirHauler flying in the PNW with some small GA aircraft. Ive been using the ForeFlight App for the iPad for flight planning, weather, fuel estimates, etc and I am running REX as my weather engine. Im having a few issues getting my depicted in-game weather to match what I planned for based on current METAR, TAFs, and Winds Aloft data.

What is the best REX configuration to get accurate weather prediction without "pop-in" weather changes? I realize that there is probably no perfect solution but I'll take a happy medium.

Is there a better weather engine for this type of flying?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Stephen
Posted By: Heretic

Re: Weather Question - 09/03/13 04:05 PM

FSGRW is said to largely avoid popping.

I haven't seen much popping in FSRealWX either (or I simply didn't care), but even if it avoids it, it comes at the cost of slowdowns.
Posted By: WolfDancer

Re: Weather Question - 09/03/13 05:42 PM

I'm partial to Active Sky Evolution myself: ActiveSkyEvolution (I use REX for the textures only.)

I've heard good things about OpusFSX: OpusFSX

If you want four corner coverage without update interruptions (can't vouch for the accuracy, however), there's Ideal Flight 10: IdealFlight10

Re: Weather Question - 09/04/13 02:19 PM

http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/home.htm

Found this one just yesterday. Gave it a whirl and was content with the result. Keeper!

Re: Weather Question - 09/04/13 03:36 PM

That FSXWX looks pretty cool, and it's free?

Re: Weather Question - 09/05/13 06:12 PM

No, it costs 500 camels, 400 ounces of gold and your closest family membar's soul.

Re: Weather Question - 09/06/13 08:01 PM

Sweet!

Re: Weather Question - 09/07/13 08:07 PM

The download is on the "Instructions" subpage, by the way.
© 2019 SimHQ Forums