homepage

KA-50 lighting error - need help!

Posted By: Viper1970

KA-50 lighting error - need help! - 09/23/17 01:44 AM

Hello,

after finishing my MI-28 cockpit I wanted to rework the KA-50 cockpit a bit, but there is a big problem I'm not able to fix.

This cockpit is real 3D and uses some kind of light source which seems to be at the top of the cockpit, so that the cockpit dash throws a shadow at the panel.

This isn't a problem during daylight, but at twilight conditions or during night it's totally impossible to read any of the gauges. Especially the ones which are really working, because the needles are very bright and the panel is extremly dark. This couldn't be fixed just with using brighter textures for the gauges as they are also getting much darker in the cockpit itself.

Is anyone able two edit the light source of the 3D cockpit model, so that the panel isn't completely dark anymore?
Posted By: messyhead

Re: KA-50 lighting error - need help! - 09/23/17 09:13 AM

That cockpit has a lot of problems. Try cycling through all the cockpit cameras for example.

It felt like a copy and paste job and unfinished.

I'll add it to the list of things to fix.
Posted By: XIII

Re: KA-50 lighting error - need help! - 09/23/17 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by messyhead
That cockpit has a lot of problems. .

For example useless dark flir view.
Cant see anything.maybe is possible add contrast brightness mfd for all helos.

Re: KA-50 lighting error - need help! - 09/23/17 09:23 AM

Ah o.k. sad to hear that this pit has so much troubles. I never used it much. Who made it back those days?

Re: KA-50 lighting error - need help! - 09/23/17 09:52 AM

Does anybody know if there exists a modernized version of the KA-50 cockpit? I only could find photos of the blue and the black versions, but it seemed they are identical in most parts, with exception of the color.

I ask because I have seen that the KA-52 even uses modern MFD's and the Blackshark still has this old CRT in. I want to make some textures for the last version if it's possible. Assumed the instrument haven't changed that much, so that they are at a totally different place.

Re: KA-50 lighting error - need help! - 09/25/17 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Viper1970
Does anybody know if there exists a modernized version of the KA-50 cockpit? I only could find photos of the blue and the black versions, but it seemed they are identical in most parts, with exception of the color.

I ask because I have seen that the KA-52 even uses modern MFD's and the Blackshark still has this old CRT in. I want to make some textures for the last version if it's possible. Assumed the instrument haven't changed that much, so that they are at a totally different place.

I've never seen one. There is an upgraded version of the KA-50, called the KA-50-2 and I think it has a different flir/imaging pod on the nose. You can see it in some of the photos at the link below. That version could have had a more digital cockpit, but I've not seen any images of it.

However, I did remember reading that one of the problems with the KA-50 was pilot overload as there was only one pilot. So perhaps too many monitors wouldn't help. It was this reason that the twin seat KA-52 was created.

http://thechive.com/2015/08/19/before-ka-52-alligator-there-was-the-ka-50-black-shark-63-hq-photos/
Posted By: XIII

Re: KA-50 lighting error - need help! - 09/25/17 09:12 PM

blackshark is discontinued from production, and service , therefore there is no upgrade avionics.

Re: KA-50 lighting error - need help! - 09/25/17 10:34 PM

Really! That's sad! Was it replaced by the KA-52?

It seems that this one has much newer avionics and is still being upgraded.

Re: KA-50 lighting error - need help! - 08/13/19 10:37 AM

Is this still an issue in 1.16? I haven't checked it myself, but if it is, I can add it to the list to fix while I'm working on the cockpit.

Re: KA-50 lighting error - need help! - 08/13/19 03:43 PM

Don't know it exactly, cause I haven't checked it the last time also. But I think Thealx had redone the whole cockpit lightning back in 2017 for all cockpits.

I think this was the last time he did anything for EECH Allmods.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: KA-50 lighting error - need help! - 08/13/19 05:10 PM

In Soczkien version works lighting. Maybe try set dashboard surface luminosity to 50 -100 . Cant check this now.
In all cockpits lighting works,only in mi24 and mi28 no.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums