homepage

1.14.0 is out

Posted By: FireBird_[WINE]

1.14.0 is out - 10/29/11 04:59 AM

bandbandband

Features
[*]Previously missing Hokum, Comanche, Apache, Havoc cockpit textures (by Mapi)
[*]Remapped and retextured (camo) military hardware (by Pesanur, Soczkien, dfang).
[*]Added rotating wheels for player-controllable Apache-D, Hind, Havoc, Comanche (by dfang).
[*]Added suspension for Apache (by dfang).
[*]Explosion and smoke effects (by BANITA).
[*]Rearranged 3d files and textures.
[*]Added import of textures animation.
[*]Speech can be redirected to headphones while all environment sound is played in speakers.
[*]Added support of 24/32 bit compressed/uncompressed TGA textures.
[*]Added export/import of smoke, meta smoke and explosion databases.

Bug fixes
[*]Fixed constant ratio for FOV change.
[*]Fixed "upgrade" process from players2.bin to playersv.bin.
[*]With proper season always loading -W textures for winter, -D for desert (even for non-camo).

Some files were renames, some files were removed, please make a clean install. This is the reason why the major version has been changed.

Installation procedure

0. Move your current installed game somewhere for backup purposes.

If you have EEAH
1. install EEAH
2. run the game once
This will unpack the graphics files.
3. download and install patch 1.1E
4. run the game once again

5. install EECH
6. download and install eech-allmods-1.14.0.exe
7. download and install eech-maps-1.14.0.exe
8. download and install eech-terrain-1.14.0.exe
9. download and install eech-smoke-1.14.0.exe

10. you can copy your players.bin/players2.bin/playersv.bin files from the previous installation to save your pilot progress.

11.1 Either launch COHOKUM_DS.EXE with DirectSound
11.2 Or install OpenAL and launch COHOKUM.EXE.

I'm sorry if I missed a modification or contributor.
Please write about this here, the next bug fix release will contain that.

NSIS failed to use sources of more than 2GB, the installation has been split into several files.

FireBird

P.S. Guys, please modify eechcentral for this release.
Posted By: Eugene

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/29/11 05:19 AM

Thanks FireBird. I bet a lot of hard work went into this. Looking forward to trying it out.
Posted By: HomeFries

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/29/11 12:42 PM

Ditto! thumbsup
Posted By: dfang

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/29/11 04:48 PM

Thank you Firebird,

I appreciate you putting this package together for us...

It works great per your install instructions,,the only thing I had to do was import my old EECH.INI,game.cfg, & GWUT1130.csv files... WinkNGrin

dfang
Posted By: Joeyeti

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/29/11 06:21 PM

Thx guys!

I will update EECH Central, but soonest on Monday (if anyone has time inbetween, feel free).
Posted By: Executioner

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/29/11 08:26 PM

Nice work FireBird :-)

(Edit: And everyone else - sorry about that smile)

Martin...
Posted By: citizen guod

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/29/11 09:19 PM

Super! Thanks for all the work on it.

Want SimHQ to mirror the files?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/29/11 09:33 PM

Well. We have a slight disagreement with Firebird wink
In my opinion as long as we will not find the cause of bug,as long fire and smoke
not they will look like they can and they should.Please treat all effects as infinite.
Everything will look a lot better, and will be released a small update.
ATM imo smoke and fire looks better without wind affected.
Everyone can assess it, simply enter the file smokes.csv
And change last 1 from x;x;x;x;x;1 to x;x;x;x;x;0
in these lines :
4;FIRE;SMOKE
34;FLAME;flame_smoke;

Thanks all for you work
Posted By: Aladar

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/30/11 01:05 AM

Fantastic, can't wait to learn what I'm doing. biggrin Don't suppose there are any places with tutorials are there? It's been so long I've lost the manuals.

Also, the Mi24 cockpit's front glass pane is completely opaque, so I can't see through it. Did I miss something or hose it up?
Posted By: Bib4Tuna

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/30/11 04:26 AM

Thank you all for your hard work.

I hope this is the right place to report bugs for this version:

There seems to be an issue with the Apache compass size (I tried reinstalling twice...)

And the issue with the Hind:

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but how do you disable the new fire/smoke effects?

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/30/11 10:30 AM

Bib4Tuna yes its true, the same right panel looks very ugly, too big .

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/30/11 11:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Bib4Tuna

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but how do you disable the new fire/smoke effects?

Maybe write what you do not like.
Firebird this version released now, for this reason that he left for a long time.
We had to choose release is now infinite, or release a few months.
Reporting here All comments which do not like,and I myself release revised versions quickly.
I also am not happy with the fire and smoke.As long as we do not find bug in code will not
it looked a lot better frown

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/30/11 02:52 PM

Well... only two things really

- The "dust" from tanks and trucks... it's a bit much. The effect looks like the vehicle is damaged/on fire.

- The actual fire flames: it is nice that a gas tank explodes with a large bright tall flame. But having the same fire/smoke effect for hitting a SAM site or a transport truck (man, those canned beans can REALLY light up!! biggrin ) is just weird.

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/30/11 04:59 PM

Bib4Tuna- sorry i love large dust from vehicles wink
For you much smaller fire and dust from vehicles, tell me what do you think and what else to change.
Soon will be a much better missile trail.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H6NZ8ZAV

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/30/11 05:52 PM

Thanks BANITA ! I'll take a look right away.
Posted By: Kenetic

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/30/11 08:46 PM

Hi, for some reason I have just discovered EECH. I purchased EEAH and EECH, and I am wondering is this 1.14.0 comprehensive?, or do I have to download previous versions.

Thank you

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/30/11 08:57 PM

Hi Kenetic obviously yes wink

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/30/11 10:53 PM

Install instructions and exact sequence are at the beginning of this thread!

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/30/11 11:41 PM

Thank you.
I followed the install instruction, just making sure.

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/31/11 01:03 AM

Hope it worked smoothly for you. Since the instructions aren't on this second page of the thread, and not at the top of the post, I thought you might have missed them. And I'm not an expert on the EECH mods and don't want to say specifics about their mods! In any case, what do you think of it?

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/31/11 01:39 AM

Install went very smooth, and I haven't encountered an error or any issue's as of yet.

All in all, I think it's fantastic, judging by the quick free flight I took. I am looking forward to RTM and getting down the mechanics of the sim.

I wish I had taken the time to look over everything a little more before patching.

I have been with Falcon since the beginning, so I can only hope this continues to evolve as well.
Posted By: gillbo74

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/31/11 11:03 AM

Hi guys, so once i have done the steps at the begining of this thread, should the GWUT version come up while the game is loading?
Currently when my game loads it says GWUT: none.
Am i missing something?
I have done a free flight mission and about 2 minutes into the flight, the game CTD.

Cheers

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/31/11 11:43 AM

You have in main directory GWUT1140.CSV?
Delete eech.ini and try. If not help enter to eech.ini and change this line
[WUT]
# for more information see http://www.eechcentral.com/wiki/index.php?title=WUT
wut=GWUT1140.CSV # Weapons and Unit Tweaking file (n = filename)

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/31/11 12:22 PM

Hello all,

I talked to Firebird and he ask me to relay the message that he is monitoring SimHQ but he can not reply currently as he's on a trip and will address all bugs in the current EECH release in a month...

So publish any bugs and they will be addressed...

Thanks,
dfang
Posted By: Pesanur

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/31/11 04:44 PM

I've finded that some textures in the AH-64A are not loaded.

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/31/11 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Pesanur
I've finded that some textures in the AH-64A are not loaded.

***********************************************************************************************************************
Hi Pesanur,
We haven't remodeled and textured the Apache-A yet...but,,,plan to do it sometime in the future.. WinkNGrin

dfang
Posted By: AndyB

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/31/11 08:41 PM

Hi Guys,

Ran the new install on a clean PC with Windows 7 (32 bit) and it worked fine. Only hiccup was I hadn't remembered to install OpenAl (maybe one for the install list).

Done some free flights and don't see any major problems. Only thing I found was in the Viper. The background behind the climb/dive ball is showing the external texture (see attached).

So it's a big thumbs up from me so far - well done!

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/31/11 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: AndyB
Hi Guys,

Ran the new install on a clean PC with Windows 7 (32 bit) and it worked fine. Only hiccup was I hadn't remembered to install OpenAl (maybe one for the install list).

Done some free flights and don't see any major problems. Only thing I found was in the Viper. The background behind the climb/dive ball is showing the external texture (see attached).

So it's a big thumbs up from me so far - well done!

***********************************************************************************************************************
That old ADI ball has been around for a long time with the default Apache cockpit that was used for several blue models and has never been fixed..(as far as I know)..

Good news is I'm making a new cockpit for the Viper and it will be either fixed or done away with...

dfang
Posted By: messyhead

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/01/11 08:27 AM

Thanks for this guys, and for all the hard work you do in keeping this sim going. I've not installed it yet, but hope to soon.

Anyone know if there are any vids of the new effects etc?

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/01/11 09:03 AM

Hi Dfang,

Sorry for pointing out a previous problem. I hadn't flown the viper before and assumed it was a new problem. Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,

Andy
Posted By: Rahon

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/01/11 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: FireBird_[WINE
]
Features
[*]Previously missing Hokum, Comanche, Apache, Havoc cockpit textures (by Mapi)
[*]Remapped and retextured (camo) military hardware (by Pesanur, Soczkien, dfang).
[*]Added rotating wheels for player-controllable Apache-D, Hind, Havoc, Comanche (by dfang).
[*]Added suspension for Apache (by dfang).
[*]Explosion and smoke effects (by BANITA).
[*]Rearranged 3d files and textures.
[*]Added import of textures animation.
[*]Speech can be redirected to headphones while all environment sound is played in speakers.
[*]Added support of 24/32 bit compressed/uncompressed TGA textures.
[*]Added export/import of smoke, meta smoke and explosion databases.

So no Viper cockpit with this one? Pity. Nevertheles congrats on the release! woot

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/02/11 04:20 AM

I have a slight issue but I'm not sure if it's a bug. When the sim loads and I am on the pad at the farp, I hove a hopping issue. Just the front of the helo pops up and back down consistently until T/O.

Besides that, everything else is great.

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/02/11 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Kenetic
I have a slight issue but I'm not sure if it's a bug. When the sim loads and I am on the pad at the farp, I hove a hopping issue. Just the front of the helo pops up and back down consistently until T/O.

I have find the same problem, after load the game in the first flight all is OK, but when I'm take antother mision/flight the helo pops up and back, and sometines even overturn.

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/02/11 04:13 PM

***********************************************************************************************************
Hello Kenetic,
Send me a PM with your e-mail addy and I will send you a file that may fix the problem...

dfang

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/02/11 04:15 PM

I have find the same problem, after load the game in the first flight all is OK, but when I'm take antother mision/flight the helo pops up and back, and sometines even overturn.

***********************************************************************************************************
Hello Pesanur,
Send me a PM with your e-mail addy and I will send you a file that may fix the problem...

dfang
Posted By: jack72

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/02/11 07:09 PM

If you have to install OpenAI....can it be installed after you do everything, or does it have to be installed at specific point.

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/02/11 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: jack72
If you have to install OpenAI....can it be installed after you do everything, or does it have to be installed at specific point.

Yes,,, you can install OpenAI after you do everything..

dfang

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/03/11 10:38 AM

Hi everyone, is there an answer to the massive compass in the AH-64D cockpit?

Cheers

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/03/11 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: gillbo74
Hi everyone, is there an answer to the massive compass in the AH-64D cockpit?

Cheers

When Firebird returns from his trip,,we will address massive compass..No reason to get lost with that one..LOL.. biggrin

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/03/11 05:25 PM

I've solved the Mi-24V cockpit bug by swapping mi-24v-cockpit.eeo file with the present in allmods 1.13.0

For those interested i've uploades the file to skydrive

replace the file present in installation path\cohokum\graphics\textures\cockpit\mi-24v-cockpit with this one.

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/04/11 12:49 AM

Thanks for the file dfang.

It has cured the hopping on the apache, but strangely enough not the comanche.

Any ideas?

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/04/11 11:34 AM

Hi guys, me again. I have shoot 1.6.4 with my eech, but unfortunately, unless i untick the run program as administrator box in compatibility mode it doesn't work. But when i untick the box, the GWUT file on loading screen goes back to GWUT: none. File version is still 1.14 but i was wondering, what am i missing out on. Yes there is a line pointing to the GWUT CSV in eech.exe and the CSV file is in the cohokum directory.

Cheers

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/04/11 03:23 PM

Hi guys, me again. I have shoot 1.6.4 with my eech, but unfortunately, unless i untick the run program as administrator box in compatibility mode it doesn't work. But when i untick the box, the GWUT file on loading screen goes back to GWUT: none. File version is still 1.14 but i was wondering, what am i missing out on. Yes there is a line pointing to the GWUT CSV in eech.exe and the CSV file is in the cohokum directory.

Cheers

Try with one of these options to solve the problem:
Option 1 - Run the game in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode.
Option 2.- Install the game out of Program Files folder, for example in c:\games folder.

Good luck.
Posted By: BabaLooey

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/04/11 07:03 PM

Many thanks for you great work!

I have both EEACH and AAAH original CD's, and GOG.com version.
I've installed 1.14 over GOG version that was already upgraded to 1.13. Installation of all packages went smoothly.

However, I have the same issue as Bib4Tuna, gray and non-transparent windshield on Mi-24:

(...)

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/04/11 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: BabaLooey
Many thanks for you great work!

I have both EEACH and AAAH original CD's, and GOG.com version.
I've installed 1.14 over GOG version that was already upgraded to 1.13. Installation of all packages went smoothly.

However, I have the same issue as Bib4Tuna, gray and non-transparent windshield on Mi-24:

(...)

Fix here: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3424764/Re_1_14_0_is_out.html#Post3424764

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/04/11 08:27 PM

Hi Guys,
Have notices something in new version:

When sitting on the FARP and looking out the side windows the FARP itself seems to be slipping back and forth very slightly. I say it's the FARP moving as the trees in the area seem to be the same distance from the aircraft. Suddenly the aircraft rolls forward for about 6 to 10 feet and stops again. This even happens when I have the manual engine startup enabled.

Oh! and Yes, the wheelbrakes are ON.

TEST DETAILS:
Running on Windows 7 (32 bit)
ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP graphics card.
Aircraft: Comanche.
Maps: Puerto Rica, Norway, Alaska.
Controls: Keyboard.
Weather: Good
Time: Midday
Environment: Passive

Hope this helps,

Andy

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/04/11 08:56 PM

Ehm, not working for me.
Also, I do not know what different in that file versions. Several diff apps say they are identical.

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/05/11 12:37 AM

Check your paths. I does work.

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/05/11 10:21 AM

Weirdo, but now it does work OK smile
I guess that PC restart was helpful, hehe.
Thanks Bib4Tuna!

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/05/11 06:16 PM

A few observations about the 1.14.0 release tested with my install...

The opaque cockpit glass problem in the Hind seems to only be present if you choose desert & winter seasons in any map,,,or default seasons that use desert or winter..the glass is normal only in the summer map.I thought the mi24V_cockpit_glass_details.ees file would fix it,,but,,it will not.Firebird will have to get a hold of it..

The KA-52 problem where you enter the cockpit and the thing starts hauling a** backwards then jumps,flips,hops & flops,like a fish out of water can be solved with a tweak of the suspension txt..if anyone needs the one I tested and works let me know..

If any more bugs crop up,,let us know..

dfang
Posted By: Olds

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/06/11 02:04 AM

MLRS smoke trail bug (may apply to other weapons as well: rockets, etc.)

Reproduce: watch outgoing MLRS fire, observe the smoke trail as it follows the round.
Result: the entire smoke trail pivots to follow the outgoing round, which looks very bizzare, resulting in a straight smoke trails that gradually pivot instead of a curved smoke trails. The smoke appears to be parented to the round and the entire trail pivots to follow the artillery round's trajectory.
Expected: the smoke puffs to stay in position once emitted (the old artillery/weapon smoke trails did this correctly). You should see smooth parabolic trails of smoke rather than straight-but-pivoting ones.

-Olds

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/06/11 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By: dfang

The opaque cockpit glass problem in the Hind seems to only be present if you choose desert & winter seasons in any map,,,or default seasons that use desert or winter..the glass is normal only in the summer map.I thought the mi24V_cockpit_glass_details.ees file would fix it,,but,,it will not.Firebird will have to get a hold of it..

Opps, so the bug not appear in all seasons, I'm sorry, I'm thought that the mi-24v-cockpit.eeo file has been corrupted.

By the way, I've find a bug in the sound, after cycling for the new speech & effects output options speech fails, only an unwanted noise is played, and inclusive sometimes the games crash.

EDIT1: I solved the sound problem by editing the EECH.ini file and leaving empty the sound_device_speech= entry.

EDIT2: I'm sorry dfang, but your fix for the hind cockpit not works at all, when I change to external view and back to internal the bug reappears and stay here even I restart the game.

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/06/11 01:22 PM

A few observations about the 1.14.0 release tested with my install...

Ehm, I have to confirm that problem. I did not test it properly in previous attempt.

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/06/11 01:33 PM

Olds, a known problem, the resulting too late I got a new code who allows you to change it.I know how they should look
smoke trails, but very hard to achieve this effect in game, still working on trails Animation frequency.

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/07/11 10:21 AM

I know there are many variation of MLRS ammunition, but how long does the rocket engine burn anyway? I know its only for a few second, so maybe if it is possible to remove the trail after certain time?
Posted By: Baddl

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/07/11 11:20 AM

Hey,

at first, realy great done. This is a very nice update, iam happy about this.

But iam a little bit confused.
I hoped that the smoke on fire, the fire, and the missle smoke will looks like the images in the "Smoke Dust an Fire" Thread.
but they dont.

i changed the wind effectivness like written some pages before, but no effect.
And the missile smoke looks like this spinning "plus" singns like before.

are thees nice effects not included yet or did i do something wrong?

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/08/11 12:11 AM

I have the bug where the chopper is violently bobbing up and down on the pad, at mission launch and that either eventually damages the rotor, or I am able to get the rotor up to speed and the helo in the air. Seems more prevalent with the Comanche. Hoping that this is patched in a hotfix soon. Otherwise am enjoying the new edition. Thanks again for the efforts madeto keep this sim mjoving forward.

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/08/11 12:28 AM

Baddl, this shouldn't be happening. You need a complete install from scratch. Then make sure you install all the 1.14.0 files, there are 4 of them. (If you've already done that, then I have no idea what's wrong, but something is!).

-Olds

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/08/11 01:24 PM

Hello all,

I've been working on a fix to stop your Comanche from going on the war path.. biggrin I tweaked the suspension.txt files on the helos that I noticed had a jumping,hoping,flopping,rolling in the weeds problem...Just download these updated files and overwrite the existing ones in your C:\Razorworks\common\data\dyn folder.You can get em : HERE ,,Go to miscellaneous/dyn.rar ,,good luck..

Also I found a fix for opaque center cockpit glass in the Hind..Not sure why this is but it works,,when Firebird gets back he can research the problem...Go to your C:\Razorworks\cohokum\graphics\textures\cockpit\mi-24v-cockpit folder,,find the HINDCKPT_FRONT_WINDOW_REFLECTION.bmp and remove it..Happy flying..:))

dfang

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/08/11 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Olds
Baddl, this shouldn't be happening. You need a complete install from scratch. Then make sure you install all the 1.14.0 files, there are 4 of them. (If you've already done that, then I have no idea what's wrong, but something is!).

-Olds

I did a complete new installation a few minutes ago on my own pc (the first run was at the pc of my girl)

i cant believe the difference... man this looks so unbelieveable great... everything is realy candy for my eyes smile

never was a hellfire and a burnung tank looking better.
Maybe the flames a littel bit big but thats ok...

very very big thanks at all smile
Posted By: The Nephilim

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/09/11 06:56 PM

well for those who have never seen here is a hit on a Fully Armed Tank..

Would like to see a video of this ingame to compare?? I have it installed but need to make a Profile for my cougar and I am looking for my paper with My Key commands that I use..

I would also like to add, If possible could we get this Sim Updated to Dx9 or later and possibly get Triple Screen support like they did with BMS 4.32??

I really like this sim and enjoyed it for many years but without the DX9 and TripleScreen support it is hard to enjoy anymore.. I wish someone would release the SC for EE2..

Please I am not intending to dis any of the guys Current work I just would like to see this Awesome Sim be updated like BMS 4.32 was and give it some longer legs and perhaps a wider audience..

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/10/11 02:06 PM

Hi,

There has been discussion regarding updating EECH to DX9 in the past and the answer was that it would involve an almost full rewrite of the game. I can fully understand the modders reluctance to do this.

I personally think the guys have done an amazing job so far.

cheers,

Andy
Posted By: The Nephilim

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/10/11 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: AndyB
Hi,

There has been discussion regarding updating EECH to DX9 in the past and the answer was that it would involve an almost full rewrite of the game. I can fully understand the modders reluctance to do this.

I personally think the guys have done an amazing job so far.

cheers,

Andy

'

Yes I agree they have done an amazing Job. I will still probally play but since they have the Source Code ALL is Possible. Like I said it was Done with F4 I just thought the same could be Done to Our Beloved EECH..
Heck If I know How to Code I would do it myself, but I cannot So I rely on others more knowledgable then myself to do these things..
Some may look and say oh that has DX7 Graphics I am not gonna try that just based on that, I just thought if we had a more updated version more would come to the party..

I myself would rather Play EE2 with it's more modern engine..

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/10/11 04:00 PM

I'm new here, but my hunch is we'd need many more code resources than we have to do something like that--BMS 4.32 was a major undertaking. However, if we can keep a critical mass of modders going, we can significantly improve the graphics: more realistic sprite FX (explosions, fires, smoke), better looking terrain (more trees, clutter). We can also probably do things that no sim does well: dynamic civilians, more realistic weapon performance and sensors, new campaigns.

I don't play any other chopper sims--they are somewhat prettier but they just don't have the depth or modding & improvement potential of EECH. I think it's the Falcon 4 of chopper sims: outdated graphics but arguably better gameplay. I personally don't go for sims no matter how detailed when they ship with 10 missions. It sucks the replayability right out for me. No one makes sims with the scope and ambition of Falcon or EECH anymore--a big reason why those two are still alive.

If we continue to make updates, I expect EECH to build on its mod following. It could certainly develop to the point that enough code resources materialize for a graphics update, but then I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that.

Nephilim, could you help us with the graphical updates by posting more quality weapon reference to this thread?

-Olds

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/10/11 06:24 PM

i would like to help anyhow
maby some graphical stuff... a more metal look like skin for the choppers for eg. but i got no know how, how to do this in eech.
Posted By: pepin1234

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/10/11 10:12 PM

Thank you Firebird,

It works great per your install instructions,,the only thing I had to do was import my old EECH.INI,game.cfg, & GWUT1130.csv files... WinkNGrin

dfang

Hi. I guess u are talking about the NSIS bug. I cant install the 1.14.0 like clean install because the NSIS error. You talk about import these files from the 1.13 install?????????????

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/11/11 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: pepin1234
Thank you Firebird,

dfang

Hi. I guess u are talking about the NSIS bug. I cant install the 1.14.0 like clean install because the NSIS error. You talk about import these files from the 1.13 install?????????????

Hummm....you should be able to install the game if you followed instructions exactly,,also you need OpenAl installed or the game won't run correctly..I had to add the EECH.INI,game.cfg,and GWT1130 from a previous EECH install so my 1.14.0 would run..

If you need those files let me know and I'll send em to you..

dfang
Posted By: pepin1234

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/11/11 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: pepin1234
Thank you Firebird,

dfang

Hummm....you should be able to install the game if you followed instructions exactly,,also you need OpenAl installed or the game won't run correctly..I had to add the EECH.INI,game.cfg,and GWT1130 from a previous EECH install so my 1.14.0 would run..

If you need those files let me know and I'll send em to you..

dfang

Well yesterday I tried again and redownloaded all the 1.14 files and I had not the NSIS again. But then I reinstall again and nothing, all like mikey mause. Then I try with the 1.13 and the same. I have OpenAL. I guess I need make more changes and maybe u can help me to do or send me the files u have and I import them into the game. The next is exactly what I do:

I guess I have OpenAL cuz is already install and is the dll in system32. My system is Win vista 32bit. All I made like Administrator and UAC and antyvirus off

1- I made clean Install the EEAH of GOG.com.
2- I launch the game and when start show is the 1.1E
3- I install EECH of GOG.com (launch the game and dont show the EEAH is installed)
4- I install the 1.13 package
5- I launch the game and all countinue like "mickey mause" with 2 menu option to choose my machine comanche and hocum like the original and the in the game I have the wrong Heli (I am not sure wich .exe is right to do)

What I have to do extra that all I do before???????

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/21/11 09:44 AM

Cheers

Try with one of these options to solve the problem:
Option 1 - Run the game in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode.
Option 2.- Install the game out of Program Files folder, for example in c:\games folder.

Good luck.

Thanks P, option 2 worked like a charm. Just waiting patiently for a fix for the oversized compass.

Cheers

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/29/11 03:53 AM

Originally Posted By: BANITA
Well. We have a slight disagreement with Firebird wink

Yup. I had not enough time and strengths to cope with that problem completely.
But we will fix it in 1.14.1, right? wink

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 11/29/11 04:05 AM

I have updated the first post about sound - please check point 11.

I'll try to fix the reported bugs in short time.
Posted By: Benji

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 01/08/12 10:40 AM

Wow, I just came back after a couple of years playing other stuff. Great to see that the sim is still going!!!!
Posted By: Mace71

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 01/27/12 04:53 PM

I constantly get this:

Posted By: HomeFries

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 01/27/12 05:04 PM

Mace,

A couple of things right off the bat.

First, the question needs to be asked: are you running EECH in the background while running the patch. If not, then reboot the PC and try again (just in case the process was still running residually).

Second, you may have issues running from c:\program files, especially when it comes to mods and overwriting files. Vista and Win7 assign protected status to c:\program files (including x86); my advice is to uninstall from the current location and reinstall to something like c:\games\GOG
Posted By: Archer11

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 01/27/12 05:10 PM

I guess, you're getting this because the program files-folder is rather heavily protected in win7. None of my sims or games are installed in there. Give another install-path a try.

edit: sure... again another one was faster than me. cheers

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 01/27/12 10:43 PM

A restart sorted it out and all is fine thanks smile

Is the Cobra flyable though? It's in the helos to choose from in the sides selection screen but it just goes to the 'demo camera' and I can't fly anything.

Also, the compass in the Apache is looking weird, is that a bug?

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 01/28/12 08:20 AM

Those questions already have answers.

1. The campaign you select does not have Cobra.
2. Install 1.14.1.

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 01/28/12 11:08 AM

where can i get 1.41.1 from?
Posted By: Soczkien

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 01/28/12 12:06 PM

all downloads are at http://www.eechcentral.com/

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 01/28/12 01:20 PM

Great thanks, sorted the compass. I was trying to fly the Cobra in Free Flight, thought every helo would be available in that.
Posted By: Reticuli

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 03/31/12 01:31 AM

Is the smoke and new terrain necessary for the installation to function, and will it reduce FPS on a laptop with integrated graphics?
Posted By: Heretic

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 03/31/12 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Reticuli
Is the smoke and new terrain necessary for the installation to function, and will it reduce FPS on a laptop with integrated graphics?

I don't think so.

The new stuff is more detailed than the old one, so you might get a framerate hit.
My 2007-ish laptop with a Mobile X1300 runs a modded EECH fine though.
(Except the Mi-24 on highest cockpit detail settings.)
Posted By: Reticuli

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 04/06/12 10:49 PM

How would a person go back to the original terrain and smoke? Mine's running it pretty well, but just in case.
Posted By: Tinfish

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 08/09/12 01:21 AM

I used to have both these games, I hope I still do I miss them.
Going to have to search the house, then check out all this new stuff!

Darn and blast, I seem to no longer have them frown Does that GoC site offer downloads (for £££ I am not asking about torrents smile ), as it is in the USA shipping would be costly.

And will Vista run it?

Only one place left in the house I can search for it and I have a terrible feeling I wont find them there either.
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/21/12 06:58 PM

I've searched the 1.14 topics and haven't seen anyone else complaining of not having audio.

All my other EECH installs have gone fine, I've followed the install guide, fully patched up and have tried it with EEAH installed and without and have the same problem. The sound menu within EECH only gives me the option of software sound....is this likely to be the problem although it does detect my ASUS SOAR DX soundcard.
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: 1.14.0 is out - 10/21/12 07:31 PM

Normally I'd delete that post above but will leave it for amusement purposes.

I've been troubleshooting for the last 2 hours and eventually found the culprit.......

Oh yes, I am an ass. yep

I cleaned my keyboard earlier today by spraying it and going vigorously over it with a cloth, and must have hit the 'Mute' button lol
All my audio goes through an amp, and I knew that the tuner/DVD player etc was pumping out audio and had came to the immediate conclusion that after reinstalling EECH it 'obviously' had audio problems.

I work in IT and I hate people with 'problems' like this that bother people on a daily basis banghead

The shame
© 2024 SimHQ Forums