homepage

EECH 1.12.3 released

Posted By: FireBird_[WINE]

EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/01/10 09:32 PM

• Features
    Added OpenAL support. Multiple (5.1) speakers may produce surrounding sound.
    Improved loadout for Hind. Loadout is displayed correctly now (by dfang). Hind may carry
    • Missiles (Sturm) on wingtip and outer pylons
    • Rockets (S-5, S-8, S-13) on inner and outer pylons
    • Gun pods (UPK) on inner and outer pylons

• Canopy sounds amplification control.
    There are groups of sound effects
    • Rotor of player's helicopter
    • Rotor of other helicopters
    • Engine of player's helicopter
    • Engine of other helicopters
    • Misc of player's helicopter (gears, for example)
    • Misc of other helicopters
    • Guns
    • Environmental sounds

• Each group has three numbers associated used to calculate sound effect volume amplification:
    amplification = first / 100 + bound(canopy_door_state, 0, second) * third / 10000, where
    canopy_door_state varies from 0 (fully closed) to 100 (totally open)
    bound(x,y,z) produces y if x less than y, or z, if x greater than z, or x otherwise
    Check canopy_sounds_amp in Sounds section of EECH.INI
  • Bug fixes
    Turned on cgs (comms guaranteed send) by default
    Removed demand for slash for command-line arguments

Installer
1.12/1.12.1/1.12.2 must be installed before.

02MAR10 2300 UTC - 1.12.3 has been rereleased. Please download again.

Update

You may need OpenAL installer for Windows as well

Posted By: Colonel_Kurtz

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/02/10 02:10 AM

Nice one FireBird, downloading now smile

Link v1.12.1 thread- http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2745794/1.html

Features
* Added two visual themes: one for Apache and one for Hind (by GCsDriver). Don't forget to set themes=2 in EECH.INI.
* Added different maxfov settings for different cockpits in EECH.INI.

* Suspension fix
* Player-controllable Comanche, Apache, Blackhawk, Havoc and Hokum-B won't stand above or below surface (by W4chund).

Bug fixes
* Restored respecting of season for loaded saves.
* Restored broken Alt-F3/F4 support.

Link- v1.12.2 thread- http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2827510/EECH_1_12_2_released.html#Post2827510

Features

* Added control over variable weather (see Random weather parameters in EECH.INI)
* No cockpit view for some helicopter has MFDs with adjustable size (Alt-F11)
Bug fixes
* Fixed CTD with "flyable" A-10s and Harriers

smile
Posted By: tomusb

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/02/10 04:27 AM

nice work!

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/02/10 09:06 AM

Bug List from my end-

* When I installed I deleted the eech.ini and game.cfg then applied the update. My system passed the video test, but when I tried to select my default resolution 1680x1050 the game would CTD. I restored my old game.cfg and things were fixed

* I selected Realistic Engine Startup hoping that the ARNEH startup sounds had been fixed with this update. I still cant confirm this as with RES enabled, I cannot start HUD, or MFD's, nor Fire the APU. MFD's are live in CPG pit but startup items are still not availlable.

* In the Options screen in the sound section, I only have a "software" option as my sound card is not detected(SoundMax Integrated HD Audio)that is a PCI card on my ASUS MB.

Note- backup your game.cfg before trying this update.

Did anybody else experiance these issues?
Posted By: AndyB

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/02/10 10:55 AM

Great!

Does this fix the missing export data to shared memory probelm that has been in all the version since 1.8.5 although it still says that is available in EECH central ?

Cheers,

Andy
Posted By: tomusb

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/02/10 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Colonel_Kurtz
Bug List from my end-

* When I installed I deleted the eech.ini and game.cfg then applied the update. My system passed the video test, but when I tried to select my default resolution 1680x1050 the game would CTD. I restored my old game.cfg and things were fixed
Did anybody else experiance these issues?

yeah,My video setting be locked too,640x480 only
Posted By: abs0lutzer0

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/02/10 06:37 PM

Thanks for the hard work, look forward to playing the update

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/02/10 11:12 PM

Potentially fixed. Please try again.

* I selected Realistic Engine Startup hoping that the ARNEH startup sounds had been fixed with this update. I still cant confirm this as with RES enabled, I cannot start HUD, or MFD's, nor Fire the APU. MFD's are live in CPG pit but startup items are still not availlable.

I can say nothing about RES functionality now. Sounds control has been added.

* In the Options screen in the sound section, I only have a "software" option as my sound card is not detected(SoundMax Integrated HD Audio)that is a PCI card on my ASUS MB.

Detection has been changed. Please try again.

Originally Posted By: tomusb
yeah,My video setting be locked too,640x480 only

Fixed.

Originally Posted By: AndyB
Does this fix the missing export data to shared memory probelm that has been in all the version since 1.8.5 although it still says that is available in EECH central ?

It seems nobody understands how it should work frown

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/03/10 10:13 AM

All fixed now for me, except Realistic Engine Startup, which ive had to disable. Thanks for the hotfix and all the work you put in Firebird smile
Posted By: GlynD

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/03/10 05:13 PM

FireBird

Ref the output of stuff from the CommServer - I have produced a couple of standalone instruments that can either be run on the local machine or across the network...

If anyone wants a copy (of the VB6 code or just the EXEs) drop me a PM and I will zip them up and send them off. Both dials work fine on XP, however with Vista they do need a DLL dropping into one of the System folders. I will have a scout round and see if there is a Microsoft patch that installs the required DLL.

Flickr photo page

Just working on a Wet Compass at the moment...

Cheers smile
Posted By: Umbra

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/03/10 08:06 PM

The realistic start up still functions, the problem is the CTRL and ALT keys on the right side of the keyboard are disabled. The left side keys still work, although its a little awkward.

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/03/10 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Umbra
The realistic start up still functions, the problem is the CTRL and ALT keys on the right side of the keyboard are disabled. The left side keys still work, although its a little awkward.

Please try this

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/04/10 02:23 AM

All fixed, thx to Umbra and FireBird smile

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/04/10 09:19 AM

Originally Posted By: FireBird_[WINE
]

Canopy sounds amplification control.
  • Guns
  • Environmental sounds

Is the list above in the same order as the ini entry?

canopy_sounds_amp=75,20,375;50,50,100;30,70,100;30,70,100;100,70,100;50,70,100;40,60,100;50,50,100; # canopy sounds amplifier controller

Im not sure i understand xyz either. Could you give an example of how you would make sound louder with cockpit door closed please, lets say with the first value 75,20,375.
Posted By: GrizzlyT

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/04/10 10:41 AM

Does this mean the missing/muted sounds are back???

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/04/10 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By: GrizzlyT

The APU, and Gear is there, The engines firing up is still barely audible if your in the Apache, in the Commanche with cockpit door open its there. The sound which you hear when inputing collective(perhaps load on rotors?) is still barely audible.

Whether this can be corrected by these values i dont know as I have not figured out how these values influence the sounds I just refered to. (I know you explained it Firebird, but its still q=deltaT to me, sorry)

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/04/10 09:47 PM

Is the list above in the same order as the ini entry?

Completely.

Im not sure i understand xyz either. Could you give an example of how you would make sound louder with cockpit door closed please, lets say with the first value 75,20,375.

Well. Let's start from the beginning.
amplification = first/100 + bound(door,0,second)*third/10000.

When the door is closed, the "door" = 0. Thus bound(door,0,second)=0. It means
amplification = first/100. The "first" is a volume level in per cents for the sound when the door is closed.

Let's assume the "second" and the "third" are positives (I doubt we want them negative).

When the door is opening, the "door" is increasing, and amplification is increasing too.
The "second" is a limitation of the increase, when door reaches the "second" level of opening and continues to open, amplification stops increasing. That's because "bound" limits it value by the "second".

How fast amplification increases when it increases? The "third" rules it.

Now, a simple example. We want a sound to have 30% when the door is closed and 120% when it is open for more than 50%.
first = 30, it's easy.
30 / 100 + 50 * third / 10000 = 120 / 100 - right?
50 * third / 100 = 90
third = 180.

Therefore amplification = 30 / 100 + bound(door, 0, 50) * 180 / 10000.
And we can calculate amplification for any door's position.

I hope it's clear enough? wink

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/04/10 10:50 PM

Ok I think I get it now-

1. The "first" is a volume level in per cents for the sound when the door is closed

2. The "second" is a limitation of the increase, when door reaches the "second" level of opening and continues to open, amplification stops increasing

3. How fast amplification increases when it increases? The "third" rules it.

Forgive me if Im being annoying, but how do these values influence volumes levels on other aircraft apart from the Commanche and KA52 that have a cockpit door that opens? Or have I missed something again?

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/05/10 07:19 AM

Forgive me if Im being annoying, but how do these values influence volumes levels on other aircraft apart from the Commanche and KA52 that have a cockpit door that opens? Or have I missed something again?

You're not annoying in any way.
Hind supports those values too.
Others have their doors closed.
Posted By: hellcat_canada

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/05/10 10:58 PM

]
  • Features
    Added OpenAL support. Multiple (5.1) speakers may produce surrounding sound.
    Improved loadout for Hind. Loadout is displayed correctly now (by dfang). Hind may carry
    • Missiles (Sturm) on wingtip and outer pylons
    • Rockets (S-5, S-8, S-13) on inner and outer pylons
    • Gun pods (UPK) on inner and outer pylons

• Canopy sounds amplification control.
    • Guns
    • Environmental sounds

• Each group has three numbers associated used to calculate sound effect volume amplification:
    amplification = first / 100 + bound(canopy_door_state, 0, second) * third / 10000, where
    canopy_door_state varies from 0 (fully closed) to 100 (totally open)
    bound(x,y,z) produces y if x less than y, or z, if x greater than z, or x otherwise
    Check canopy_sounds_amp in Sounds section of EECH.INI
  • Bug fixes
    Turned on cgs (comms guaranteed send) by default
    Removed demand for slash for command-line arguments

Installer
1.12/1.12.1/1.12.2 must be installed before.

02MAR10 2300 UTC - 1.12.3 has been rereleased. Please download again.

Update

You may need OpenAL installer for Windows as well

I have 1.12.0 all mod installed but I cannot seem to find 1.12.1 can someone give me some direction?

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/06/10 04:57 AM

Originally Posted By: hellcat_canada

I have 1.12.0 all mod installed but I cannot seem to find 1.12.1 can someone give me some direction?

Ive added some links back at the start of this thread for you.

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/06/10 09:02 AM

Hey, 1.12.0 is enough. 1.12.0 and than 1.12.3. And then a separate exe. wink
Posted By: hellcat_canada

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/06/10 01:54 PM

Ive added some links back at the start of this thread for you.

Thank you! I was confused as Firebird's post indicated a incremental patching process while I could only find 1.12.2 and 1.12.3 on eech central.
Posted By: Mapi

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/06/10 02:33 PM

All COOL thumbsup

But missing the Sildeslipping !!!

advancedfm=1 # advanced flight model, off by default. Makes sideways flight easier, but not realistic

NO fun. Why is that not realistic?
See Comanche video.
Posted By: AlphaOneSix

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/06/10 07:07 PM

Not sure why that option is called "advanced" as it is actually less realistic. It allows sideslipping with the cyclic at high forward airspeeds. Basically, it *requires* pedal input to turn. At high forward airspeeds, banking will just make you sideslip in the direction of bank, instead of turn (not exactly "realistic" or "advanced" if you ask me). The default flight model allows you to sideslip in a hover just fine.

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/06/10 11:34 PM

relay? I think you know some videos as like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-yH8SIrcAE&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6ApyQPy678&feature=related

IIRC some coder have no pedals - so is that the prob? ;-)

And how is with the Ch-46 and CH-47 will they turn for or back?
Posted By: AlphaOneSix

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/07/10 01:13 AM

You are not getting what I'm saying. In a helicopter, even a CH-46 or -47, when you are in forward flight and you tilt the cyclic to one side, the aircraft will bank and will begin to turn. Even without pedal input (although pedals will be required in most cases to maintain a coordinated turn). If you set advancedfm=1, then tilting the cyclic in forward fight will NOT make the aircraft turn, it will start slipping to the side without changing the direction the nose is pointing. This is not at all realistic. The two videos you showed are already possible to do with the default flight model.

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/07/10 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: GrizzlyT

Try replacing line 192 with this W.I.P. -

canopy_sounds_amp=450,50,375;80,20,100;230,50,100;200,50,100;180,50,100;50,70,100;120,30,100;70,30,100; # canopy sounds amplifier controller

I was tinkering around with the amp last night a I think I figured a couple of things out regarding the missiong sound/sounds. For those that never use cold start probably never saw to much wrong, except when airbourne.

The main missing sound that myself, Grizzly and a few others were refering to appears to be related to the "engine of players helicopter". Some time back ARNEH appeared to have added a sound that you would hear as you inputed on collective. What I think he has done is not add a new sound, but vary the engine volume during collective input. EG: if you pull pitch the engine sound would increase simulating load, reduce pitch and the sound would lessen simulating less engine load. This added a fanatastic ambience to flight which was lost when the game was patched to dampen external sounds when the canaopy closed. Item 3 - Engine of player's helicopter
230,50,100 Increasing the amp percentage to 230 corrects this somewhat.

Once the engine sound is increased, the rotor sound is less than ideal for my taste, but I could not seem to amp it up, even with a value of 450. Perhaps its the sound file itself. Personally I like to hear a bit of rotor slap. Item 1 - Rotor of player's helicopter 450,50,375

Item 2 - Rotor of other helicopters 80,20,100 Personally I think the other helicopters rotor sound is to loud as it is. I find that the external helicopers rotors are louder than my own while sitting in the player pit.

Item 4 - Engine of other helicopters 200,50,100 I increased the value hear because when in multiplay if players are using cold start. I like hearing their APU and engines fire next to me like in DCS. If I had a modding request I would like all helicopters to cold start so cold start players are not left behind while ramping up. It also makes you sweat while ramping up under fire. This could be accomplished the same as DCS, by defaulting to cold start with a cheat single key ramp sequence, or long macro. EG: Electrics, APU, Fire1, idle up, Fire2, idle up, HUD, Throttle increase.

Item 5 - Misc of player's helicopter (gears, for example) 180,50,100 Increased this one. I like hearing my gear retract/deploy

Item 6 - Misc of other helicopters 50,70,100 I think I left this one alone.

Item 7 - Guns 120,30,100 Increased this one, to compensate for increased rotor/engine noise.

Item 8 - Environmental sounds
70,30,100 I think I left this one alone.

Note- Doing all this neuters sound change when canopy is open. Small price when weighing ambience up against 30sec on the ground.

Anyhow backup your eech.ini and try it if you like. Please post if you come up with some better values.

Quick question- I know modded eech's sounds are heavily edited, but is it still posible to unpack and replace the Apache rotor sound with the GSS without messing up the all the custom sounds?

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/07/10 10:39 AM

Try replacing line 192..

Whoa! A great job you did. I'm thinking of putting those values as default ones.

Quick question- I know modded eech's sounds are heavily edited, but is it still posible to unpack and replace the Apache rotor sound with the GSS without messing up the all the custom sounds?

All of the sounds are separate .pcm files now if I'm not mistaken. There is no problem in replacement.

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/07/10 08:23 PM

]
All of the sounds are separate .pcm files now if I'm not mistaken. There is no problem in replacement.

So theres no need to tinker with the "sound.dat, or sound.hdr" anymore?

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/07/10 10:28 PM

As far as I remember all of the sounds were exported from sound.* files and added to the installer as pcms (according to readme.html it was in 1.7 version). New ones were added too. I even doubt the game needs sound.* files to load. wink But even if it needs this could be removed easily.

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/08/10 09:20 AM

OK FireBird this is just a theory, but at some stage. Probably in the version this line was introduced -

external_sounds_volume=1.0 # volume for external sounds when in cockpit (n = Volume, 1.0 = full, 0.0 = silent) (default = 1.0) (good realistic value = 0.4)

Some of us believe the internal sounds in the cockpit were degraded through cockpit noise dampening. I now think the reason for this is as follows-

EECH sounds already had two sounds for each file, an internal and an external. If the cockpit door was open the "e" was used and when closed the "i" was used.

eg: aprotori and aprotore

So in current builds, we are dampening the "internal sound" so sound level is lower x2. The canopy amp when tweaked brings the sound levels back up to the correct level in some areas.

This could be corrected by removal of "i" internal sound files, or renaming "e" files to "i" then utilise the canopy in its default values.

In my case, ive just increased the rotor sound by duplicating the "external sound" for Rockets and aprotor and renaming it to the "i" value. The gun I amp'd up a little further. There is lots more sounds though that need addressing if im correct. Should the "i" sound be made redundant within the game code?

Im not sure what is the best solution. Thats something that the coders need to agree on I think.

Is there anything in what im saying or not?

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/08/10 04:07 PM

EECH sounds already had two sounds for each file, an internal and an external. If the cockpit door was open the "e" was used and when closed the "i" was used.

eg: aprotori and aprotore

Not entirely. The source codes I see indicates that "i" version is used when
1. sound is for player's helicopter or it's a "session" sound (for now I don't know what it means wink radio?)
2. the player is in cockpit.
"e" version is used when any of those two conditions (or both of them) are false.
I see no code that chooses sound depending on door position (but maybe I just haven't found it).

This could be corrected by removal of "i" internal sound files, or renaming "e" files to "i" then utilise the canopy in its default values.

I think a sound of player's helicopter when he's inside differs from other simulate sounds. The sound spreads through the solid body adding other waves than an air-only sound.

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/08/10 05:06 PM

I see no code that chooses sound depending on door position (but maybe I just haven't found it).

You use the code befor or after 1.7.1 ? WinkNGrin

Fixes/features in 1.7.1:
Sound changes
1. New engine sound comprised of three components which change during flight according to your flight maneuvers. (Rotor-slapping!)
2. Sound modifications no longer require modifying sound.dat, just copy the new sound files into the audio directory!
3. Closing canopy doors reduce sound volume of external sounds

reading

bug or new (?)

I can not rearm or change the loadout of my wingi ( for the first test)

I can not banking/slipping lfrom hoover (not autohoover) without turning !!! That's not realy real or???

..it is for not Pedalplayer or? ..thx

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/08/10 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Mapi
You use the code befor or after 1.7.1 ? WinkNGrin

I use the current code - this should be unquestionable.

Originally Posted By: Mapi
Fixes/features in 1.7.1:
Sound changes
3. Closing canopy doors reduce sound volume of external sounds

reading

bug or new (?)

You really don't see the difference between [de]amplification of a sound and usage of another sound?

The "canopy_sounds_amp" is a direct successor of that "closing canopy doors reduce sound volume" - it uses that formula but with adjustable parameters.
Posted By: AndyB

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/09/10 02:13 PM

'scuse me for butting in here, but I always thought that the "internal" sounds were the ones played when the view was in the cockpit and the "external" sounds where when watching an external view of the aircraft such as Chase View.

I may be 100% wrong, but that's what I thought it was.

Thanks anyway FireBird for the upgrade.

Cheers,

Andy

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/09/10 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: AndyB
'scuse me for butting in here, but I always thought that the "internal" sounds were the ones played when the view was in the cockpit and the "external" sounds where when watching an external view of the aircraft such as Chase View.

When you're inside cockpit and you hear a sound of other helicopters, it is an external sound.

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/09/10 08:32 PM

Yes as Andy said, thanks for the upgrade FireBird. I flew last night again and the Canopy Amp has allowed me to tweak the cockpit just how I like it, nice work biggrin
Posted By: Toumal

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/11/10 11:09 AM

I've updated the eechcentral wiki with the 1.12.1, 1.12.2 and 1.12.3 releases!

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released - 03/11/10 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Werewolf
I've updated the eechcentral wiki with the 1.12.1, 1.12.2 and 1.12.3 releases!

Nice. But: v1.12 Cockpit files only (20MB) will not go

And what is: {{#ev:youtube|uFnTdXwIAwE}} ?

MBY it was a verry quick one... WinkNGrin
Posted By: SimFan

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 03/24/10 09:04 AM

Double post - This is a replacement for my previous posting (that was wrong) ...
Sorry FireBird, there was NO sound issue: all (sounds) worked right from the start.
I now tried again and noticed that when clickint on Options sound it DOES allow for Software instead of Hardware driver in the new (AL) versions of EECH 1.12.3 !
Again, I should have looked better before reporting a NON-issue.
However I hope that this will help others that thought the same was happening for them.
I guess it MAY have something to do with my Realtek AC97 on-board sound chip not supporting hardware (buffers) correctly.
Now I have, thanks to you, 3 properly working versions (DEFAULT Directsound as well as the 2 distributed 1.12.3 versions). No problems so far.
You also asked about differences: the new settings in EECH.ini by default are louder in-cockpit than the old DirectSound 1.0 setting.
But we can tune these to our liking as much as we like !
Posted By: flymar

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/10/10 09:35 PM

Hello all. It's my first post here. I played EEAH and EECH long time ago. And today tried again. I found the mod community smile and downloaded allmod 1.12, all texture and warzones packs from eech central, and now 1.12.3. The game with new graphics and HD resolution is pretty refreshed:) I have few problems:
* HIND cockpit have very low performance, comparing to hokum or comanche. It happend after 1.12.3 instalation I believe
* I encounter graphical artefacts 'spikes' in cockpit view - with and without tnl.
* Sometime the optical targeting in Havoc and/or originally nonflyable crafts isn't working. i can't figure out why.
* Is there somewhere a manual about new available crafts e.g. Hind? I'm intrested mainly in targeting systems and weapons.

It's really good to see that someone is still playing this great game after all this years:)
Posted By: arneh

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/10/10 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: flymar
* HIND cockpit have very low performance, comparing to hokum or comanche. It happend after 1.12.3 instalation I believe

Don't know what in 1.12.3 which may have caused a slowdown, as I wasn't involved in making that release... But you could try to disable the moving map (CTRL + [b]][\b]) and see if that makes a difference.

Quote:
* I encounter graphical artefacts 'spikes' in cockpit view - with and without tnl.

Don't know any solutions to this one.

Quote:
* Sometime the optical targeting in Havoc and/or originally nonflyable crafts isn't working. i can't figure out why.

You're being a bit unspecific to really tell what's going on here. Are you sure you've got realistic avionics enabled?

Quote:
* Is there somewhere a manual about new available crafts e.g. Hind? I'm intrested mainly in targeting systems and weapons.

For the Mi-24 see:
http://www.eechcentral.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cockpit_instruments_Mi-24
http://www.eechcentral.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mi-24_weapons
Posted By: SimFan

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/11/10 10:30 AM

Arneh wrote: "But you could try to disable the moving map (CTRL + [b]][\b]) and see if that makes a difference."
As he wrote: this is indeed the solution (for slower PCs).
I had the exact same issue with Hind: only real EECH slowdown on my PC (making the game unplayable in that Hind scenario) is that moving map in the Hind cockpit. Disable it -as Arneh told us- and all is OK. Easy to solve (not using the map).

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/11/10 12:53 PM

Thank you. It helped. Ctrl+]. I wouldn't call my PC slow:) but he's 4 years old now. And Hind cockpit worked perfectly in previous release.
After reading articles Mi-24 is quite fun to fly. And the cockpit is just great work. Like the best of FSX works. Was the red fan original component or it was added by the author?:)

And about my previous post:
APACHE, KIOWA - not working GND or AIR RDR
Blackhawk - DVO, DTV, IHADSS, FLIR are turning on but can't turn the MFD to show it's view
COBRA - have some 4 guided AG missles - described '?' on HUD

Sound issue - muted missle hit. There are only warnings about damaged systems.

* Is it possible to use EECH2 campaigns in EECH? (I know that's not straight away but maybe there is a way)?
* Where are stored UI fonts and layout? In my instalation some options are with the 'UI-' prefixes
* After installing mods on my polish localised version I have russian fonts in briefings/debriefings. Is it possible to change this font?

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/11/10 05:32 PM

After reading articles Mi-24 is quite fun to fly. And the cockpit is just great work. Like the best of FSX works. Was the red fan original component or it was added by the author?:)

The real Mi-24 has a fan, yes. It's quite common in Russian cockpits.

Quote:
APACHE, KIOWA - not working GND or AIR RDR
Blackhawk - DVO, DTV, IHADSS, FLIR are turning on but can't turn the MFD to show it's view

They don't have those sensors.

Quote:
COBRA - have some 4 guided AG missles - described '?' on HUD

That's TOW missiles, which haven't been implemented properly for player controlled helicopters yet.

Quote:
* Is it possible to use EECH2 campaigns in EECH? (I know that's not straight away but maybe there is a way)?

Not as far as I know.

Quote:
* Where are stored UI fonts and layout? In my instalation some options are with the 'UI-' prefixes
* After installing mods on my polish localised version I have russian fonts in briefings/debriefings. Is it possible to change this font?

I didn't think there was a polish version... As far as I can see in the common/data/language files, there is only english, french, german, italian, spanish and russian. Are you sure you're not using the Russian version?
Posted By: BeachAV8R

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/11/10 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: arneh
That's TOW missiles, which haven't been implemented properly for player controlled helicopters yet.

(Emphasis mine..) biggrin I love it when arneh ends a sentence with that word. thumbsup

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/11/10 07:01 PM

Thanks for answers. Yes I am pretty sure that wasn't the russian version. We have different sets of special fonts. And it was made pretty well. All of the speeches and most of the text was translated.

Question: At EECH Central I found alaska warzone, but when I try to start in I get error that my computer has not enough resources (RAM). This campaign requires some speciall install?
Posted By: Umbra

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/12/10 12:07 AM

I can confirm flymars' problem with the hind. After the 1.12.3 update the hind in cockpit really brings things to a crawl. The hind works great in 1.12.1. not sure what was changed.
Posted By: CHADDOGG

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/12/10 12:24 AM

I have to say im having the same problem, FPS in hind cockpit are poopy frown

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/12/10 09:10 AM

Originally Posted By: CHADDOGG
I have to say im having the same problem, FPS in hind cockpit are poopy frown

The simple solution for FPS in the HIND is to bind a joystick input to RIGHT CTRL + BRACKET

eg: CTRL+]

Then just toggle the moving map in flight as required, and the Hind will fly without smashing your FPS.

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/12/10 10:02 AM

This is the solution. But the reason of FPS drop is something that was done 'with' the map between 1.12.1 and 1.12.3 (I never used 1.12.2).

And my previous question: Did any of you had a problem with weird 'spikes'. I'm using GF GTX 8800 with latest drivers. With or without AA, with or without notnl parameter. I tried to mess with 3d settings in nvidia control panel, and 3d reset but with no success.

Can you tell me where are the screenshot (PrtScr) stored? After first typing this key the game went CTD with 'problem to access SCRNSHOT\IMAGE000.txt file'. I've added this folder and there's some info added in txt but I don't know where to look for 'real' screenshots.

EDIT: I found the answer to my last question. In the SCRNSHOT folder there shold be LARGE and SMALL folder. TGA screenshots are stored there:)
Posted By: CHADDOGG

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/12/10 09:39 PM

Im gonna try that tonight and see what happens, also does anyone know if AEYES apache cockpit textures will work with version 1.12.3??? Dont wanna spend the dough' and not have it work wink

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/12/10 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: CHADDOGG
does anyone know if AEYES apache cockpit textures will work with version 1.12.3???

Yes, they work with any version which have the Apache 3d cockpit.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/13/10 06:07 AM

This sux - first time I've had an issue with running a patch for EECH. I'll start from scratch and see what happens. This last patch was not user friendly guys. Appreciate the effort though -

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/13/10 08:45 AM

-AEYES apache cockpit textures-
Are they other then included in allmod? Where can I find them and do I have to pay for them?:)

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/13/10 08:58 AM

-AEYES apache cockpit textures-
Are they other then included in allmod? Where can I find them and do I have to pay for them?:)

Link- http://www.cockpits.net/website/news.html
Posted By: Alemart

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/14/10 12:36 AM

Hi guys! biggrin ^_^, the updates is VERY good and it runs flawlessly, however, the sounds now make a noticeable stop after playing, i am mean that the loop in the sounds (rotors, engines, turbines and so) is not continuous anymore, i tried all the sound devices available and also installed the latest openal libraries but the problem persist :(, any thoughts on what can be happening?.
Again thank you VERY much for the update! ^_^

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/14/10 05:47 PM

I don't hear it in the originally flyable helis and Hind. In the others there is hearable silence between loop sound restart. I've noticed also no sound while overstressing the rotor (lack of rotor/engine sound and lack of changed rotor sound like in 5 crafts mentioned above). I guess it was the 'feature' because of not really finished new crafts and not the flaw of this late update.

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/14/10 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Alemart
the sounds now make a noticeable stop after playing

Please try DirectSound version http://rapidshare.com/files/368577509/COHOKUM_27MAR10_DS.rar.html and compare the behavior.
Posted By: JayPee

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/14/10 07:40 PM

But the reason of FPS drop is something that was done 'with' the map between 1.12.1 and 1.12.3
Exactly what I experienced too! I'd say, if it got messed up due to some changes months after being released.. Why not reverse those changes instead of advising people to disable the feature? But hey, that's just me. smile

]Please try DirectSound version http://rapidshare.com/files/368577509/COHOKUM_27MAR10_DS.rar.html and compare the behavior.
Is this version 1.12.3 with only the sound system different from the original 1.12.3?

Oh and does this 'fixed' EXE include the shift ctrl alt fix because I'm already using that fixed EXE for the keybinds...

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/14/10 08:04 PM

I just flew Apache and Blackhawk missions. The sounds are OK, no gaps. Very nice Blackhaws starting engines sound.

Interesting note (I guess): The 'nodx9zbufferfix' set to 1 get rids of 'spike' artifacts but it also messes up the sky texture and erases inside blurry rotor ring. GF GTX 8800, latest drivers. And a side note: I think the blurry rotor is better looking then this in DCS:BS:)

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/16/10 05:39 AM

Thanks a lot pal!, i will try it ASAP, is this the same as the last version+patch?.

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/18/10 11:01 AM

Just reverted 'nodx9zbufferfix' to 0 and notnl to 1. I guess it's the rain/snow textures that makes the spikes to appear.

Another issues.
* I flew some missions in Taiwan with Longbow and I coudn't land on Tarawa. The deck is there but the wheels are not getting grip (of course the wheelbraks are on). Landing ends with a ridiculous slide. Even if I land with almost 0 airspeed. Can anyone confirm that?

* Changing right MFD in cobra ends with CTD and 'Unknown MFD mode (number_here)'. Don't know if it's replicable.
Posted By: Executioner

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/18/10 01:44 PM

Hi,

Just a quick point (which Arne has mentioned in another thread already - plus it's sticky above).

Any time you find a bug - take a quick look at the bug tracker and see if it's mentioned. If not - you can add a fresh one pretty easily - if it is, you may have some extra information that will help.

At present it might not get you an instant fix, but it will at least keep everything in one place ready for the day I (and anyone else mad enough) get chance to start whacking bugs in earnest - it's coming soon - I can feel it! wink

EECH Bug / Issue System

Of course, I'm not for a second suggesting that we should all just post bugs there and not here (do both - there may be a quick fix here too), just that it makes life easier when it comes to actually sitting down to sort out things, developer-wise smile

Martin...

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/18/10 08:41 PM

You are right, i was just trying to see if it was a bug or just a failure of my installation biggrin

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/25/10 11:16 PM

This is the solution. But the reason of FPS drop is something that was done 'with' the map between 1.12.1 and 1.12.3 (I never used 1.12.2).

Finally I found the key. Original map implemented in 1.11 did not reflect movement of the helicopter, i.e. it never redrew. I cannot find the topic but it was discussed in this forum.

Fix of that behavior led to fps drop.

I don't know much of the details of the implementation thus I cannot make quick fix for both movement reflection and high fps count.

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 04/26/10 07:17 AM

]

Finally I found the key. Original map implemented in 1.11 did not reflect movement of the helicopter, i.e. it never redrew. I cannot find the topic but it was discussed in this forum.

Is it the map in the Mi-24 cockpit you're talking about?
Because the map is so big an detailed in that one it's too expensive to draw it eavery frame. So the map is drawn once (at mission start). But it draws to a much bigger texture than what is used, and instead of redrawing it then just moves which part of the predrawn texture is shown.
In addition it has some tests to actually redraw once more the big texture if it needs to (if you fly out of the area drawn at mission start).

Quote:
Fix of that behavior led to fps drop.

If you've "fixed" it by drawing it every frame, then it's no wonder it leads to slow framerates. It's not supposed to be redrawn every frame. If it for some reason didn't move, then that will have to be fixed the proper way.
Posted By: goose814

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 05/04/10 01:45 AM

I have experienced the same problem with the Hind cockpit. I checked a few things and found that with V1.12.0 the moving map worked fine with no adverse affects in frame rates, but with V1.12.3 the moving map works but frame rates take a huge drop, almost making it unplayable.

Gus
Posted By: goose814

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 05/07/10 06:10 AM

I tried V1.12.2 and the moving map problem is present. So, between V1.12.0 and V1.12.2 is where this problem started.

Hope this can be of some help. I really like having the map and hate having to turn it off. Hopefully it can be fixed for the next version.

Gus
Posted By: Bomber

Re: EECH 1.12.3 released ... thx ... sounds outside the pit ... are OK, sorry..... - 06/24/10 11:11 PM

]
Originally Posted By: Alemart
the sounds now make a noticeable stop after playing

Please try DirectSound version http://rapidshare.com/files/368577509/COHOKUM_27MAR10_DS.rar.html and compare the behavior.

please re-upload
© 2024 SimHQ Forums