homepage

EECH 1.12.1 released

Posted By: FireBird_[WINE]

EECH 1.12.1 released - 06/18/09 10:58 PM

Features
Added two visual themes: one for Apache and one for Hind (by GCsDriver). Don't forget to set themes=2 in EECH.INI.
Added different maxfov settings for different cockpits in EECH.INI.

Suspension fix
Player-controllable Comanche, Apache, Blackhawk, Havoc and Hokum-B won't stand above or below surface (by W4chund).

Bug fixes
Restored respecting of season for loaded saves.
Restored broken Alt-F3/F4 support.

Installer (40Mb)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gflcv3
http://rapidshare.com/files/246084315/eechsetup1.12.1.exe.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/47584268/eechsetup1.12.1.exe.html

Executable only (1,2Mb)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0jlkmm
http://rapidshare.com/files/246084141/COHOKUM.RAR.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/47584269/COHOKUM.RAR.html
Posted By: Alemart

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 06/19/09 12:04 AM

Oh Glorious! :D, one question, wich one is the "update"? (i guess the exe only, but i want to be sure :P).

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 06/19/09 12:22 AM

Executable is a minimum (for dialup users).

Installer contains executable, themes, sounds, several text files. Themes were not released previously (but they are one with half years old).

All Mods installer (not awailable for this version) contains textures as well.

What is an "update"?
Posted By: dfang

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 06/19/09 12:26 AM

Appreciate your improvements FireBird,,and the help you have given me with my projects...
Posted By: Alemart

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 06/19/09 12:45 AM

by update i was referring to a package for those who already had the previous version installed and did not wanted up un install it, but then, i think this IS an update version after all :P
Posted By: Colonel_Kurtz

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 06/19/09 08:47 AM

Nice update, love the pictures thanks smile

One question though- My batch files no longer work for my dedi server? Is there some new I need to edit into the command line?

Also on my dedi machine I opened the eech.ini with std notepad and may have busted something as the next time i booted eech it reverted to the default original razorworks GUI?

Next try I got two EECH windows open, 1x default, 1x past ver GUI, when I tried to cloose one then "ballistics-data.txt" opened.

Is std notepad ok to edit this build, or should use notepad++?

A10 Thunderbolt came up as an aircraft section = CTD

Something is busted im afraid.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 06/19/09 09:20 AM

I deleted the eech.ini and game.cfg and associated txt files with notepad++ on my dedi machine to correct a few issues. Im not using the dedicated mode though as the update either doesnt like the dedi, or that i run my dedi windows mode so i can monitor traffic etc. Dedicated server is busted. Runs fine in normal campaign mode.

Can you tell me if the new GUI are supposed to be random ie still defaults back to original razorworks stuff on some starts?

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 06/19/09 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: dfang
Appreciate your improvements FireBird,,and the help you have given me with my projects...

There are really no my improvements especially comparing to your new sensors. Are you going to release your project? As I see people have not noticed your 3d model improvements on the last screenshot you gave us.
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2714306/Re_Is_this_fixed_yet.html#Post2714306

Originally Posted By: Colonel_Kurtz
One question though- My batch files no longer work for my dedi server? Is there some new I need to edit into the command line?

Probably I broke that functionality. Could you please provide me with your batch files to make me find what went wrong?
BTW, do you have "Internet TCP/IP" Connection selected on Options/Multiplayer screen?

Is std notepad ok to edit this build, or should use notepad++?

For EECH.INI? It's an usual text file, use any tool you like.

When and where? It must be fixed, no doubts.

Can you tell me if the new GUI are supposed to be random ie still defaults back to original razorworks stuff on some starts?

Affirmative.
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2405797/Re_Custom_UI_screens_psd_files.html#Post2405797
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2407067/Re_Custom_UI_screens_psd_files.html#Post2407067

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 06/19/09 11:19 PM

Found and fixed. Use faa=0 for now.
Posted By: W4chund

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 06/19/09 11:32 PM

I´ve testet several Ways to Install EECH with Modifikations the last Days. In Fact i can say, the best Way to having a minimum of Problems is:

1. Make a Backup of your last using and fine working EECH.ini
2. Uninstall/Delete EECH completly
3. Install EECH new
4. Patch EECH to 1.4c
5. Use allMods 1.12 for Installing Modifkation
6. Use 1.12.1 Package
7. Open your Backup of EECH.ini, open EECH.ini from Game Directory and make your Settings manually. Do not Copy and Paste Backup ini into Game Directory.

This works fine for me. Game is running to 90% stable, Cannon is hitting the right Targets, Tads and avionik working fine. Graphic is looking excellent.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 06/19/09 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: W4chund
7. Open your Backup of EECH.ini, open EECH.ini from Game Directory and make your Settings manually. Do not Copy and Paste Backup ini into Game Directory.

Arrgghhh... Looks like Cargo Cult... wink
Posted By: Jex_TE

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 07/18/09 11:50 AM

Is anybody having a problem with MP?

Since a friend and I updated to this version when trying to join The "Connecting (xxx)" number just keep rising (I waited until 10,000). Rolled back to 1.11 and connected at around 400.
Posted By: Rahon

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 07/18/09 01:47 PM

I have no problem with connection (at least to AMRAAMs Server). Maybe you should back up your eech.ini and remove it from the game folder. The game will create then a new one with default values. Try to connect with that 'stock' .ini and if you succeed, then it would mean, that you simply have to set something up in that previous version of the ini file. Good luck!
Posted By: Longbow fanatic

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 07/18/09 10:07 PM

Yay!! I can select resolutions higher than 1280 by 720 now!!! And no more corruption and tearing of the sky, ( which was fixed in the "test" executable I was last using) everything works great so far!!! Thanks a lot !!!
Posted By: Jex_TE

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 07/18/09 11:24 PM

Thanks RoGal will give it a go smile
Posted By: RustyNOR

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 07/25/09 01:40 AM

Links to the Executable only is broken frown
Posted By: AMRAAM

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/01/09 12:06 AM

Hey, Firebird and Kurtz,

I have just updated to 1.12.2 (I skipped 1.12.1 as I was away) and my dedicated server "runs" but has issues. The issue is that it only opens the same campaign. I came to this post to try testing with 1.12.1 to see where the issue was introduced, but see from Kurtz's comments that he too was having issues.

I'm downloading 1.12.1 to testing at the moment, (I have downloaded 1.12.1 and get the same results as 1.12.2) but thought I would note down what is happening for me as well, perhaps to give you some idea of what the issue is?

With 1.12.0: The Dedicated server batch file runs fine.

With 1.12.1: I'll do some testing and update this post when I have. I have tested 1.12.1 and it has the same issues as 1.12.2. So the issues seem to have arisen in relation to changes that happened as part of 1.12.1 upgrade

With 1.12.2: It seems to be that the batch file runs, (it starts EECH) but it ignores the command line parameters that follow the "cohokum" command.

[This is an example of a line in the dedicate.bat that launches the game]
cohokum /pitod:0900 dedicated:1 game_type:2 gunship_type:2 path:..\common\maps\map1 directory:camp01 filename:thailand.chc

(and just in case you were wondering where the dedicate.bat file came from, it is part of the EECH install, its not something that Kurtz and I made up. :))

So when the batch file launches the game it does not go into dedicated server mode, it just starts in "normal" mode. I can force the game to start in dedicated server mode by editing the eech.ini file and setting the variables for dedicated server mode.

[This is extracted from EECH.ini]
[Dedicated server]
# for more information see http://www.eechcentral.com/wiki/index.php?title=Dedicated_server
dedicated=1 # dedicated server mode (0 = off, 1 = on) (def = 0)
pauseserv=1 # pause server if no clients connected (0 = off, 1 = on) (def = 0)
game_type=2 # available game types (1 = Freeflight, 2 = Campaign, 3 = Skirmish) (def = 0)
gunship_type=8 # available gunship types [NOTE!] dummy value (0 = Apache, 1 = Havoc, 2 = Comanche, 3 = Hokum) (def = 8)
path= # path to map/campaign/skirmish folder

This loads the game in dedicated server mode, but then (I presume because it ignores the command line parameters) it always loads the same map, which is the Standard (Sword in the Sand) campaign Yemen map (..common\maps\map6)
If I hard code the map folder location in the eech.ini file (under the path= varible) then the server does not load. It crashes with the following error: Error opening file for reading:

C:\razorworks\cohokum\common\..\common\maps\map3\camp01\yemen.chc.

This map folder number is whatever number I have hard coded in, and if I hard code the map into 1.12.0 then it works fine. So I suspect that the game has been hard coded to always try and open the yemen.chc map?

I have not tested connecting to the server in version 1.12.2. I will do that right after this post, and edit this post to contain my results. I know I should have tested that first, but I forgot, and well I don't want to have to type this all again. I have tested connections internally and they are working, so people should in theory be able to connect to the server from the outside world as nothing has changed in that respect. So it's just the issue that the commands after the cohokum in the batch file are no longer being read which is preventing the Dedicated server from starting (As far as I can work out at least).

And Finally, Sorry for bumping an old post. This message ended up longer than I thought it was going to be originally.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/01/09 08:09 AM

Ive been flying mostly DCS of late, so havnt looked at the dedi launch prob too much although I knew it was there. Personally I think its caused by the "random themes" but I could be wrong. Ive been waiting for the sound bug to be fixed.

I still like EECH, but I also like the flight dynamics of DCS. I also like a PC puzzle so I'll see what happens when I load my EECH dedi up and report back here smile

One question though-

1. Can the random themes be disabled by setting "themes=0" ? I think not, but please confirm.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/01/09 08:20 AM

OK just tested some stuff.

AMRAAM if you just set the eech.ini param "dedicated=1" the command lines work again. So im guessing the server bat file entry "dedicated:1" is no longer functional but the eech.ini entry is OK. You never needed to do this before, but no big deal smile

Another oddity is that the only way to kill my server is via my eech killer bat file "Taskkill /f /im cohokum.exe"

ps- I also deleted my server eech.ini and game.cfg and let them regenerate.

**edit** before setting dedi=1 start game and configure, including multiplay etc

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/01/09 09:11 AM

OK here goes-

Dedi server update to current build notes-

1. update server to latest exe

2. Delete eech.ini and game.cfg

3. Run game in normal mode to regenerate files

4. configure game options including multiplay

5. edit eech.ini including dedicated option

6. run bat file to launch

Notes for clients-

1. Open direct7 ports and set software forwall permissions when asked

2. Locate server IP via http://hoxdna.org/eech/

3. Enter server IP via multiplay options then press "enter" before pressing "OK"

4. Go to Campain screen and select multiplay

5. You should see server in green text

6. When entering new server IP, first clear old IP, then press "enter" then click OK, then re-enter multiplay and enter new IP, then press enter. You need to do this to clear the old IP properly

enjoy smile

ps- Ive just tested your IP and I cant connect to your server either AMRAAM. Something is wrong there.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/01/09 12:38 PM

Okay, weird. I can get the dedicated server to run, but it always runs the same map. I presume this is not happening with yours?

I guess tomorrow, I will do a full reinstall to 1.12.2 from scratch and see if that helps.

I can see in the server log people trying to connect, but they don't fully connect. However, when I connect from my PC to the server it works a treat. More digging to be done on the issue I guess. Will start with a clean install and go from there.

Kurtz, do you use a batch file for each "campaign" or one big one with them all in it? I use one big one, wondering if that makes a difference somehow... Might try editing that as well.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/01/09 07:36 PM

I use separate bat files for each campaign mate as my server is not 24/7 like yours. So theres no automated rotation at my end.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/02/09 02:15 AM

Well I have reinstalled the Game on my server, patched it up, and get the same issues. The dedicated server starts but it always starts the same "sword in the sand" yemen campaign. and while I can connect to in from my PC, no one else in the "outside" world can. connect to it.

Kurzt, when you start in Dedicated mode, can you start different campaigns? Does it always start the "Sword in the Sand" campaign?

Perhaps you could post an example of your single batch files, so I could test one here and see if that is the issue?

Or could you even post the dedicated section of your eech.ini for me to check against mine?

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/02/09 08:45 AM

Your right about that, Sword in the Sand only for me to. Ive been fiddling around for last hour with no joy.

I imagine my command lines are the same as yours apart from my folder structure as I previously edited my server file names to lower case with no spaces.

Sample: cohokum /fs:0 /pitod:1700 dedicated:1 game_type:2 gunship_type:0 path:..\common\maps\map18 directory:camp01 filename:Puerto_Rico.chc

Note- pitod never really worked though at my end.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/02/09 02:42 PM

_Each_ option in command line shound start from dash or slash, not only the first one.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/02/09 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: FireBird_[WINE
]_Each_ option in command line shound start from dash or slash, not only the first one.

Is this something new, as ive been using command lines in that format without issue for over two years?

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/02/09 11:14 PM

Yes, it's something new. http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2746408/Re_EECH_1_12_1_released.html#Post2746408

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/03/09 05:41 AM

Great! Thanks for that Firebird.

I have just changed the dedicate.bat file to have / in front of each option and it fires up just like it should.

I can connect to it internally, and will confirm that someone can get to it from the real world as soon as someone does.

Thanks again.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/03/09 08:59 AM

OK i just tried it for you AMRAAM

1st attempt - Campaign "Green" retrieved server info OK, but hung at connecting screen and timed out.

2nd attempt - New pilot name, Campaign "Green", hung at retrieving server info.

Might be a long shot and im sure your aware of this, but is "Directplayhelper" clear through your software firewall?

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/03/09 10:02 AM

Cheers.

Weird though. Got to love EECH Multiplayer smile

Nothing has changed on the network, but just to be sure I double checked everything, and its all correct. The only thing that has changed is the version of the EECH software. I have even confirmed that with the server up the relevant ports are reporting as open using shields up. (and that they are closed when the server is not up).

I have confirmed that I can log on locally to the server. However, it does seem to "hang" when I try to connect (to go from Green server to having the MOTD* and the option to Proceed) . When I first click "ok" it seems to take a while to connect. Perhaps something has changed in there, and the additional time is causing the drop out?

Also, I did have a "long" MOTD* which I have just now, shortened, in case it broke some sort of unknown rule.

*Message of the Day (incase you were wondering what I was talking about. :))

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/03/09 10:15 AM

Hmmm... now I am getting the same message, when it tries to launch the game, as I was earlier when I hard coded the map path varible into eech.ini file. That it is looking in the map6 folder for the path of the map. Weird.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/04/09 09:44 AM

Well I seem to have got it working, sort of. I have the dedicate.bat loading the games, and going to the next theater when it ends/crashes, but players are unable to connect. I have seen people trying to connect but with no joy.

I have set up the server to run in "game" mode at the moment and would be curious to see if anyone can connect to it now. Of course I can no longer tell if people have been trying since there is no log to view when not in dedicated mode. So if someone could try and then let me know that would be grand. At least if it works in game mode, well, it might give some clue as to what is going on.

Kurtz, have you managed to get anyone to connect to your server running in dedicated mode? (Aside from people on the LAN, as that seems to work fine.)

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/05/09 08:13 AM

Well, after running in Game mode for 24 hours I can see several attempts by people to connect to the server, and none of them were successful. The only connections that work are those made from inside my Network (Ie. Either of the other 2 PCs I have here).

It is like there is something being blocked at the firewall. Is it possible Firebird, that there was a change in the ports that are needed to be opened? or something like that, that is causing the lack of multiplayer connection success?

Is anyone else out there, running a server (dedicated or not) and having success with people connecting to it when they are not on the LAN?

For now, I have restored my server back to 1.12.0. So at least it should go back to allowing people to connect to that. [As a note, it seems that version 1.12.2 is not compatible with the 1.12.0 server. So you will need to roll back if you want to connect. Perhaps that is a clue to what is up with the connection?]

Sorry to be so difficult. If there is any more information I can provide to help out in anyway, go ahead and ask, I would love to get to the bottom of this.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/05/09 07:56 PM

I have not seen a change in ports.
But I changed some code transferring some data over network. But again, I don't think it would influence only internet game vs lan one.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/06/09 01:33 AM

Well it seems that by going back to 1.12.0 that connections are re-established.

I am trying to arrange for another computer to use for my testing, one that is not on my network at home. That I can use to test connection issues in my own time.

Could it be possible, that it is only sending reply network packets to local IP addresses? So it is "ignoring" Internet requests, and only talking to Local Connections. (Based on the IP addess of the incoming packets?)

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/06/09 07:45 AM

I guess you could try setting up a Hamachi server, post the details and see if internet connection works. If it does then I guess a bug has been introduced that only coders can fix.
Posted By: Hori

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/06/09 05:05 PM

Is there a way to roll the game back to a previous version without doing a complete re-install, so I can try to connect to the online server? Just curious, thanks!
Posted By: arneh

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/06/09 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Hori
Is there a way to roll the game back to a previous version without doing a complete re-install, so I can try to connect to the online server?

Rename your existing cohokum.exe, then download and install the older version over what you have. If you want to go back to the newer version then just rename it back to cohokum.exe (or it may even work to run it with another name if you want to keep both exes).

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/10/09 06:57 AM

Well I have tried Hamachi, and VPN and normal connections, and I can not get any "Internet" connection to work with 1.12.1 or 1.12.2. It definitely seems that what ever changes happened at 1.12.1 have done something to the way that the server replies (or does not reply) to network requests.

No matter what "external" connection I try and make, it gets as far as connecting and then just counts up forever.

I have rolled the server back to 1.12.0 until those who are smarter than me can work out what has changed to stop multiplayer connections from working. If there is anything else I can check, test, or otherwise help with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/10/09 09:51 PM

Hmm... It means either bugs have been added in code since 1.12.0 or my build environment contains problems. Or both wink
I've built 1.12.0 version in my build environment. http://rapidshare.com/files/265962792/COHOKUM_1120_FIREBIRD.rar.html
Could you please check if it works for internet connections?
It it works I will search for changes in code, otherwise I will look for problems in my build environment.

Thank you.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/12/09 01:53 AM

Cheers Firebird.

I shall test it tonight and let you know how I get on.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/12/09 07:20 AM

Right,

I can confirm that your "Firebird 1.12.0" build works fine. I have it running on the server now.

As soon as I changed from 1.12.2 to Firebird 1.12.0 connections resumed like "clockwork".

I had connections from internal and external clients, no problems. I even tested connecting to it with a "normal" 1.12.0 and that connection worked as well. So I would guess that there is nothing wrong with your build environment.

I will leave the Firebird 1.12.0 on the server for a couple of days to see if others can connect to it, and if it does anything strange, but it seems to be "okay".

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 08/12/09 08:09 AM

Thank you. I will look for changes in the code.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 09/05/09 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: AMRAAM
Right,

I can confirm that your "Firebird 1.12.0" build works fine. I have it running on the server now.

As soon as I changed from 1.12.2 to Firebird 1.12.0 connections resumed like "clockwork".

Could you try setting cgs=1 in eech.ini, and see if it makes a difference (in 1.12.2)?
Posted By: mebey

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 09/07/09 06:37 PM

Hello guys. Just a quick question regarding the mi-24 for eech. I have installed and reinstalled a couple times and everything is perfect, except for the EO and antitank missles for the Hind. My system is less than a year old from ibuypower.com and I have the saitek x45 hotas. Got the core game from gog.com and installed the patches. I can pull up the EO screen just fine but cannot slew the view. Also, I read where you can just let the WO pick the targets and engage using the "next/previous target" key. I can hear my WO name targets but I get no onscreen indication of a locked target. Even after he names a target and I switch to the tip-mounted missles, I still have the red light on indicating I cannot employ the weapon. Kinda sucks for me, because I rebought the game just to fly the hind. As I am sure you can imagine, waiting for tracers to erupt so you can fly into hell to use ffars is not the best way to use the platform. Makes SEAD missions . . . "interesting" to say the least.

Also, Is it possible to fly insertions with the hind? Since there is no longer a circle indicating where to land, is it practical to attempt these since before you had to be right on top of the spot?

Additionally, When I return to my starting airfield or FARP, how do I know where to land? After I land and complete the mission, I notice in the map view, my bird lifts off again and flies to the correct parking spot. Minor thing, but I hope there is a trick I don't know.

Sorry, more than one question, and none are quick. =\

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 09/07/09 07:04 PM

First, have you read http://www.eechcentral.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mi-24_weapons ?

Originally Posted By: mebey
I can pull up the EO screen just fine but cannot slew the view.

You must also select FLIR or LLLTV as targeting system. Use delete or end keys. And are you using realistic avionics (check the options menu)?

Quote:
Also, I read where you can just let the WO pick the targets and engage using the "next/previous target" key. I can hear my WO name targets but I get no onscreen indication of a locked target. Even after he names a target and I switch to the tip-mounted missles, I still have the red light on indicating I cannot employ the weapon.

If you're using co-pilot assist then there will be a cross over the target in the HUD (if it's in view), and an ID of the target. If you don't get that you've probably not selected a target.

If you do get that, then probably some launch parameters are not in order (e.g. may be outside of missile's constraints).

Quote:
Also, Is it possible to fly insertions with the hind? Since there is no longer a circle indicating where to land, is it practical to attempt these since before you had to be right on top of the spot?

It's harder to see where to land, but you have the waypoint pointer pointing to the spot, so when you see it's starting to move then you know you're about to pass the spot. May be useful to fly a circuit around it first to pinpoint it. You don't have to hit it exactly, within 100 meters or so is ok.

Quote:
When I return to my starting airfield or FARP, how do I know where to land?

Same way as finding insertion points, see where the waypoint pointer is pointing.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 09/08/09 07:00 PM

Yes. Was my 1st stop. =)

Quote:
You must also select FLIR or LLLTV as targeting system. Use delete or end keys. And are you using realistic avionics (check the options menu)?

I try to select these systems while piloting the hind and there seems to be no effect. I can only get the EO screen. I am realistic avionics as well. I have tried "easy" and "Hard" settings in this menue as well to no effect.

Quote:
If you're using co-pilot assist then there will be a cross over the target in the HUD (if it's in view), and an ID of the target. If you don't get that you've probably not selected a target.

If you do get that, then probably some launch parameters are not in order (e.g. may be outside of missile's constraints).

My WO states for example "SAM 12 o'clock 3 Kilometers". I will have the Wingtip missles selected and the SAM location dead centered in the HUD, but I get no change to the targeting cursor indicating it is being targeted. Also, the red light still shines brightly.

Quote:
It's harder to see where to land, but you have the waypoint pointer pointing to the spot, so when you see it's starting to move then you know you're about to pass the spot. May be useful to fly a circuit around it first to pinpoint it. You don't have to hit it exactly, within 100 meters or so is ok.
Same way as finding insertion points, see where the waypoint pointer is pointing.

So that is what that little dail is for? To be honest, I have probably navigated for about 10 or so mission hours using the upper right compass only. duh

Perhaps, if someone could just give me a rundown (key by key) they use to target and fire the Shtrum missles? My tests have so far been done by running the Georgia campaign close to the bottom of the list. One of the 2 CAS missions is a short hop and a two flight Hind group is selectable. The group retreats down the south road, so you have to hunt them down. If anyone has time of course. Also, I am running 12k x 10k resolution. That shouldn't affect anything though right?

Quote:
Firing Shturm missiles
The Shturm (NATO codename AT-6 Spiral) is a radio guided anti tank missile with a range of around 5 km. The Mi-24V, which is the model simulated in EECH, was the first Hind model capable of carrying this missile. The Ataka used on the Mi-28 is a further development of the Shturm.

The Shturm missiles is aimed with the EO system. So either use it yourself with PgDn and lock onto a target or ground point. Or cycle through the targets the co-pilot has discovered by using the next/previous target commands.

The HUD will show an aiming cross over the target/locked point if it's inside the HUDs view limits, and it will also show triangulated range to that point, like for the gun sight.

When you have a green ready light you can fire the Shturm missile. You can also fire if the range constraint is not met, since the range isn't accurate in any case. The missile requires continuous radio guidance, so keep the target locked until the missile hit (or miss). You can change target/aim point while the missile is in flight, and the missile will try its best to hit the new target

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 09/08/09 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: mebey
Quote:

I try to select these systems while piloting the hind and there seems to be no effect. I can only get the EO screen.

You must do both (well technically you can target things from outside the EO screen, but you won't see what you're locking up, so it's not very useful smile )
So press first PgDn to select EO sight, then END to select LLLTV (or press DEL for FLIR) as active targeting system (check that the sight says LLLTV at the top left). Then move the sight with numpad 2, 4, 6 and 8 and lock up a target (or a point on the ground) with numpad enter.

Quote:
My WO states for example "SAM 12 o'clock 3 Kilometers".

When he says that it just means he has detected a target, not that he has locked it up. You still have to select a targeting system and cycle through targets to lock it up.

Quote:
So that is what that little dail is for? To be honest, I have probably navigated for about 10 or so mission hours using the upper right compass only. duh

Instruments are explained at http://www.eechcentral.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cockpit_instruments_Mi-24

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 09/10/09 09:30 AM

Sorry guys, been away. I am in the process of change the server to 1.12.2 now, will change the cgs setting Arneh and post what happens.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 09/10/09 09:49 AM

Right, well my dedicated server is running 1.12.2 and has the CGS=1 setting set. I have tested it and I can connect to it on the LAN. If people can confirm or deny that they can connect from the internet that would be grand. (I will run my own tests from work if I get time).

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 09/10/09 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: AMRAAM
If people can confirm or deny that they can connect from the internet that would be grand

OK its all fixed, i just went straight in without issue smile

Note- Ive fiddled with that CGS parameter in the past and though it was invalid, or not nessessarily required anyhow. But it seems that its now a requirement for WAN multiplay. It might be worth updating the Wiki for future referance.

ps- glad this is sorted thx guys, now we just need the sound issued sorted out and this build should be relativly clean again.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 09/10/09 09:52 PM

OK its all fixed, i just went straight in without issue smile

Great to hear!

Quote:
Note- Ive fiddled with that CGS parameter in the past and though it was invalid, or not nessessarily required anyhow. But it seems that its now a requirement for WAN multiplay. It might be worth updating the Wiki for future referance.

From what I figured out gcs in eech.ini was ignored previously, and it always used the on setting. With Firebird's rewrite of eech.ini reading it was actually using the value in eech.ini, and in eech.ini the default was for it to be off. Which apparently doesn't work very well.

So I guess the solution could be to change the default in eech.ini to on. Or just remove the setting entirely, since the off-setting apparently doesn't work.

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 09/11/09 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By: arneh
Or just remove the setting entirely, since the off-setting apparently doesn't work.

Probably the best option. Or just have it "default ON" in the eech.ini

Re: EECH 1.12.1 released - 09/12/09 06:00 PM

Arneh, no problems with the hind now. You got me flying her right now. Thank you very much sir.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums