homepage

STICKY: EECH 1.10 released

Posted By: arneh

STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 11:50 AM

Important: This version is incompatible with previous versions of EECH. Save games can not be loaded from previous versions, it's incompatible in multiplayer, and any custom 3D objects (like the Apache and Havoc floor fixes) from previous versions won't work with this version.

What's NEW in EECH 1.10?

Avionics changes
  • Added capability to lock EO system on any point on ground. Use regular lock key. Lock position can be moved after lock is achieved. Laser can be used to get range, and unguided, optically and laser guided weapons (but not radar guided) can be fired at ground lock.
  • Added ORT view for Apache (much like Hokum's perscope view). Accessible by pressing PageDown when in co-pilot's cockpit.
  • Apache's DVO sensor has returned. But it is only viewable through the ORT, not on MFDs. Use PageDown to first select ORT, and again to change sensor to DVO.
  • Locking a target in helmet sight mode won't also padlock when using Track-IR. You can still padlock with track-IR, but you have to press the padlock key separately.
  • Weather condition dependant eo lock ranges and slightly varying general lock ranges (LLTV,FLIR,Periscope). (GCsDriver)
  • Switchable COMM-Channels. See TAB menu. (GCsDriver)
  • Automatic unpadlock on target handover from helmet tracking via eech.ini.
  • Implemented shaking of EO cameras when cannon is fired.

Flight model changes
  • Implemented pedal trim. Use normal trim key, and pedal position will also be remembered as trim position. For fine trim you can use z and x (use shift + z/x if you are using keyboard for pedal control). Very useful for those flying with cross coupling disabled.
  • Rotor will lose RPM much faster when pulling collective and not powered by engine (i.e. when flairing after an autorotation).
  • All helicopters now have two hydraulics systems. If only primary is lost controls become more sluggish. If only secondary is lost no immediate effect. If both are lost controls will gradually lock up as pressure is lost (takes 1 to 15 minutes). You are strongly adviced to land before this happens ;-)

Rendering changes
  • Removed restrictions on available screen resolutions. EECH should now support any resolution your graphics card does. (Retro)
  • Fixed so that aspect ratio is changed when screen resolution is. This should stop widescreen monitors having a stretched image (In 3D. The 2D menues will still be stretched).
  • Added capability for "trinnlaus zoom" for main 3D view, i.e. smoothly changing field of view to any angle (min and max field of view set in eech.ini). A joystick axis (set in eech.ini), or ALT + F3/F4 keys can be used to change zoom.
  • Objects can now be rendered up to fog border, avoiding suddenly disappearing units.(GCsDriver)
  • Switchable tree shadows and optimised tree models for better performance.(GCsDriver)
  • Russian NVG without FLIR effect via eech.ini.(GCsDriver)
  • Added support for background image themes for UI(casm)

Non-standard helicopter changes (by GCsDriver)
  • Separate gear and door functions for hacked helis (Alt+C for doors).
  • Correct working weapon pages and chaff/flare outlet for hacked helis.
  • High-res MFDs and eo ground stabilisation for all helis.
  • AH-64A flight page added.
  • AH-64A and Blackhawk have 64D-style weapon pages.
  • Ka-50 with working gauges and Hokum style HUD.
  • Ka-50 and Mi-24 now also have aiming for ballistic weapons.

Miscellaneous changes
  • Added support for new Apache 3D cockpit
  • Nonlinear collective : percentage at zone1 can now be set via eech.ini, allowing better adaption to personal preferences. (GCsDriver)

Download

Support for new Apache 3D cockpit:

ORT view:

Widescreen support:
Posted By: Kassie

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 11:57 AM

download mirrors:

Thanks Arneh, great work!
Posted By: Wowbagger

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 12:23 PM

Excellent news!!!!!!!!!

<Phew, just in time too. My refresh button has been worn down to the nub>
Posted By: Andreas

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 12:31 PM

That's a great list of features!

Looking forward to try this one tonight!
Posted By: SimFan

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 12:35 PM

TRULY INCREDIBLE WORK.
THANKS ALL !
How do we install these new developments ?
All simply on top of 1.9 ... or is there also a seperate upgrade for those on this latest 1.9 version ?
And the 3D pit itself has to be installed after the 1.10 update ?
All these goodies by simply executing the two new *.exe files from anywhere on the disk where EECH is installed ?
Again Thanks all !
Posted By: Mace71

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 12:46 PM

Excellent!!!!!!!

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By: SimFan
All simply on top of 1.9 ... or is there also a seperate upgrade for those on this latest 1.9 version ?

You can install it on top of any version 1.4 or later.

Quote:
And the 3D pit itself has to be installed after the 1.10 update ?

You can install them in any order. But you must have 1.10 installed by the time you try to run EECH with the new cockpit.

Quote:
All these goodies by simply executing the two new *.exe files from anywhere on the disk where EECH is installed ?

Run them from wherever you like. They will ask you where you have EECH installed, and if the default isn't correct you just change it to where you have it installed.

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 01:00 PM

"You can install them in any order. "
Can't get better than that !
I was afraid to brick my 1.9 modded install.
Thx.
Posted By: Re-Ordained

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 01:09 PM

Thanks for your hard work and generosity Arneh and your contributions GCsDriver.
Posted By: Crunchie

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 01:41 PM

... and a hearty thank you and Well Done from me! I've obviously chosen a good time to start getting into using this great sim which due to your efforts is an extremely enjoyable experience.

Crunchie
Posted By: FireBird_[WINE]

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 01:49 PM

I see no GCsDriver's themes were included. Will need to include them in the next release. Or, it is possible to share it as a separate patch.

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: FireBird_[WINE
]I see no GCsDriver's themes were included. Will need to include them in the next release. Or, it is possible to share it as a separate patch.

You mean UI themes? If so, then yes, that should be separate installs. I try to only include what is needed for the game to run in the exe-installer. Then various addons can be released separetly and/or included in the AllMods-package.
Posted By: avenger454

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 01:57 PM

You guys are amazing, where do I send the beer?
Posted By: Qutlass

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 02:06 PM

Time to jump onboard. Hope to learn from you all. Much thx!!
Posted By: AD

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 02:21 PM

Installing now! Thanks Arneh this patch has extended the life of EECH and I'm sure it will bring in ever more players.
Posted By: Recluse

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 02:49 PM

Great Work!!!! I guess it is time to try this out again!

But.. er... shouldn't it maybe have been called 2.0? 1.10 is kind of confusing as it looks like a first revision, leaving room for point releases... One point One-zero vs. One point Ten.

Of course, THEN it would be confused with Enemy Engaged 2, so I guess you can't win!
Posted By: Heretic

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 04:04 PM

I'll keep it simple:

THANK YOU! \:\)
Posted By: KeyCat

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 04:08 PM

Awesome work and kudos to everyone involved!

After seeing those videos clips I'm heading strait down in the cellar to search for my old CD's... Can't really explain why but I always prefered Longbow 2 over EECH but after seeing this I must give it another try. That brand new Apache 3D cockpit with 6DOF TIR support is just to much, looks truly awesome!

/KC

Posted By: vandal

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 04:18 PM

Great work. Bought this sim years and years ago, but it didn`t really spark my interest. Installed it again a couple of days ago and I am in awe over the work you modders have done. Tar av meg hatten \:\)
Posted By: Daveyraveygravey

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 04:52 PM

Wow, that looks great! Just need to dust off the X36, sort out the profile, and take my old friend EECH up for a spin!

Thanks to all involved!
Posted By: ukSleek

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 05:33 PM

OMG its here!!

Top Bannana arneh and others! ;\)
Posted By: Archer11

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 06:25 PM

The weekend's here, the weather will be fine, and I won't see much of it.
Closed shutters an a lot of apacheism...

Thanks a lot arneh. You're the man!

All I have to do now, is to fiddle around with my trackir, cause I have some troubles looking down in the new version.
Posted By: Filipe_Galego

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 07:01 PM

Great news!!!! Thank you!

Here is a mirror of the update in my RS account: http://rapidshare.com/files/90210151/eechsetup1.10.exe
Always up...
Posted By: BeachAV8R

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 07:57 PM

<x-posted to the Apache 3D thread>

First, let me thank arneh for all the fantastic hard work that he has put into modding EECH over these past couple of years. The Apache cockpit is really, really fantastic..and while it is the most shining example of progress, there are so many other things that he has done to the code to improve it. We are lucky to have him!

Second, we put this article together in a bit of a rush (basically over the course of 3 days) so an errors that managed to creep in, or misstatements of fact are mine and mine alone. We are really grateful that arneh came to us just prior to release to allow us to feature his work. I've always said I'm a member first, and an administrator here second..and I have to tell you, arneh's work appeals to the "sim geek" in me more than anything. I'm so excited about these improvements and it is great that it also happens to be stuff I can write articles about (double bonus!). Many thanks to arneh & guod for dealing with the questions and getting this pulled together at the very last second.

Third, since this was such a rush job I didn't exhaustively review or take video clips of all of the improvements to EECH in this release (1.10)..nor did I cover adequately all of the fine additions and improvements that have been made since the last time I did a review of recent EECH improvements. The last big article was the Enemy (Re)Engaged article a couple years ago in August of 2005 (you can read that one HERE ). I briefly touched on some of the improvements in a more comparative fashion in the review of Enemy Engaged 2 last year..but again, that wasn't an exhaustive look at everything new. So it is worth noting that this article is just the tip of the iceberg and if you look through the change log of recent additions for each iteration, the growing list of features and improvements are astounding.

Finally, I'd like to recognize that there are a TON of people that have contributed to the modding of EECH. While arneh has pretty much taken the point with his exe edits and has really taken EECH in a new direction (I think we are at "study sim" level instead of "survey sim" now..) there are a lot of other people that have contributed. I hesitate to list any because I'm afraid I'll miss some..but I have to mention Gotcha for his steadfast support of EECH and helping in so many ways, not the least of which in making it easier for us all to enjoy EECH by bundling together many of the patches. As well we have all of the talented skinners, map makers, terrain graphics, sounds, etc.. A bunch of contributions from a bunch of different people. Thanks to all of them! The community is what makes this place hum and has not just kept EECH alive..but has made it thrive!

Regards..
BeachAV8R
Posted By: Kassie

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 08:32 PM

I updated the version history at EECH Central.

It's by far not complete, because it's meant as a summary.

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 08:45 PM

I've uploaded an updated version 1.10.1 to fix a crash when locking a target with EO. If you have already downloaded 1.10 and don't want to do the full download again, you can replace your cohokum.exe with this one.

Terribly sorry about that!

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 09:05 PM

I don't know if its a feature thats been implemented but when switching on NV it sort of appears like 2 stages were the black-blurred edge appears around the screen and then the green effect appears.

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: MaceUK33
I don't know if its a feature thats been implemented but when switching on NV it sort of appears like 2 stages were the black-blurred edge appears around the screen and then the green effect appears.

Yes, the night vision sensor takes a second or so to slew into position. If you're in the co-pilot's cockpit you can actually see it slew.

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 09:13 PM

Ah cool! Didn't realise what the NV sensor was, thanks.
Posted By: Colonel_Kurtz

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 09:31 PM

Great work Arneh, as always

Many Thx \:\)
Posted By: LazerPotatoe

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 09:45 PM

Thanks a lot Arneh and GCsDriver!
Posted By: cass

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 10:27 PM

Outstanding, if it works on TH2G i will post a screen or two \:D
Posted By: GlynD

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/08/08 11:28 PM

Thanks very much chap - super job!

Cheers
Posted By: Reticuli

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/09/08 05:00 AM

It's been months since I've run any of my flight sims. My X52 is in a closet somewhere. I think this might motivate me to get it out. Very amazing work.
Posted By: Gr.Viper

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/09/08 09:21 AM

Awesome job, arneh!
On weird bug though - FLIR on my Ka-52 is facing backwards. I can pan and zoom it but it's facing the insides of the chopper. That's after removing old cfg and ini. Strange...
Posted By: GCsDriver

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/09/08 11:32 AM

Congratulations arneh, mission accomplished!
You couldn't have held the crowd any longer, they would've stormed your house and beat you to completion :-)
Darn I'm just at my parents with my son, grounded till after the weekend...

Happy flying,
Posted By: Alemart

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/09/08 12:13 PM

GRRRReat job Arneh and the rest of you guys!, you are the best!
Posted By: Heretic

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/09/08 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: arneh
I've uploaded an updated version 1.10.1 to fix a crash when locking a target with EO. If you have already downloaded 1.10 and don't want to do the full download again, you can replace your cohokum.exe with this one.

Terribly sorry about that!

I was just about to report that bug when I read your post.

This kind of makes you the quickest bug fixer ever! \:D
Posted By: dfang

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/09/08 04:05 PM

Arneh,
Thank you very much for your improvements to EECH..
Like a dumb a$$,I downloaded your pit and installed it with out the new 1.10 update,,(was so anxious to try it I didn't read the rest of the story).. \:D

Of coarse I got CTD when it tried to run EECH..So then installed your new 1.10 update on top of the pit,,and it works beautifully..

Btw,, the changes you made to the AH-64D model look great.Is it possible the mapping on the model will be changed to allow nose art,more detail in paint schemes etc??

Thanks again.
Posted By: Maddox

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/09/08 04:56 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your great work.

I recently purchased EECH from ebay and am astonished how far the sim has come.

Amazing stuff and sooooo much better than EE2 on all counts.

God bless and thanks again...

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/09/08 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: dfang
Btw,, the changes you made to the AH-64D model look great.Is it possible the mapping on the model will be changed to allow nose art,more detail in pait schemes etc??

I haven't changed the external model, and the internal one is brand new.
It is possible to change the external model as well. But I have no plans to do it myself. If anyone else wants to feel free!
Posted By: dfang

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/09/08 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: dfang
Btw,, the changes you made to the AH-64D model look great.Is it possible the mapping on the model will be changed to allow nose art,more detail in pait schemes etc??

I haven't changed the external model, and the internal one is brand new.
It is possible to change the external model as well. But I have no plans to do it myself. If anyone else wants to feel free!

Oh!,,you know I haven't flown the Apache in a while,,,,it looks like some little external changes had been made,,See your pit has worked magic on the whole machine.. \:D

Hopefully someone will remap the model so better textures can be done..

Thanks again for your work.
Posted By: Colonel_Kurtz

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/10/08 04:30 AM

Hey Arneh would it be possible to add smoke to damaged helo's like in LB2 to the next build. Helo's still circling and attacking targets with that smoke trail was a nice touch in LB2.
Posted By: Blindeye_03

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/10/08 05:22 PM

cross coupling feels really weird now in the apache.. Also, is there any way to zoom out a little so you can see the MFD's? Guess I really need to get a track IR and stop borrowing my roommates...

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/10/08 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Blindeye_03
cross coupling feels really weird now in the apache..

Weird in what way? There hasn't been any change to cross coupling...

Quote:
Also, is there any way to zoom out a little so you can see the MFD's? Guess I really need to get a track IR and stop borrowing my roommates...

You can use ALT F3/F4 to zoom, and you can use ctrl-\ to change the pilot's position.

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/11/08 01:41 AM

Could be because I am using joystick twist, but when I was flying in game, I turned it on and off and it stayed the same.

Ill get my pedals soon and ill let you know then.. I had to give the others back to my roommate \:\(
Posted By: papote

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/11/08 08:47 AM

arneh, what a great present. i truly appreciate all this work you ve done.

Question: in Track IR does the roll axis work on the apache?
Posted By: Mapi

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/11/08 08:50 AM

THX arneh

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/11/08 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By: papote
Question: in Track IR does the roll axis work on the apache?

No.
Posted By: ECV56_PolTen

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/11/08 01:23 PM

You are the man arneh!!

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/11/08 04:30 PM

Here is a mirror for 1.10.1: http://rapidshare.com/files/90941098/eechsetup1.10.1.exe

Keept the good work going!!

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/11/08 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Crazy F[PT

Has the server for the 1.10.1 exe been slow as well? Shouldn't think so... Though checksix.fr has a mirror of that one as well.
Posted By: ColinC

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/11/08 07:11 PM

Fan-freakin-tastic.

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/11/08 07:16 PM

Mirror for exe 1.10.1: http://rapidshare.com/files/90990245/cohokum.exe

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/11/08 09:22 PM

Sorry, I guess this will have been asked before, the 3D AH64D pit still has monochrome DTV (and FLIR) opposed to the colour DTV in the (now obsolete) comanche (since 1.9).
Isn't it a fact that in the latest real life versions of the AH64D DTV is in colour as well ?
If so, will it be modelled in a later version of EECH ?
Thx.

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/11/08 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: SimFan
Isn't it a fact that in the latest real life versions of the AH64D DTV is in colour as well ?

There are plans to upgrade it with DTV, and a few might even have reached the field by now. These Apaches have several other changes as well, like the ORT and DVO has been removed; it has just 300 rounds of cannon ammunition and stronger armor instead; the Stinger launchers have been replaced by better countermeasures etc.

Quote:
If so, will it be modelled in a later version of EECH ?

No, EECH models an older model of the Apache, more in-line with the majority of Apaches being used now. I don't have any plans of doing the newer model anytime soon.

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/11/08 10:48 PM

Not sure where to find it, but how do I enable widescreen support? I have my resolution in the game set to 1680x1050, but it doesnt look that wide as the picture in the first post...

Is it in the INI file?

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/11/08 11:03 PM

Not sure where to find it, but how do I enable widescreen support? I have my resolution in the game set to 1680x1050, but it doesnt look that wide as the picture in the first post...

You don't have to enable it, you just set the resolution you have.

The picture in the first post is 1280x480, so double width (i.e. two monitors), not just regular widescreen.
Posted By: shoogar

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/12/08 06:24 AM

Finaly I found the time to install 1.10 and the cockpit ...

THANK YOU, arneh! Excellent job!
Posted By: shoogar

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/12/08 06:41 AM

My TFT supports 1680x1050. Since 1.10 EECH supports this resolution, but not really perfect. The picture is stretched in the vertical direction. Just a little bit, but visible.

When I zoom in, the problem vanishes.

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/12/08 10:05 AM

Tried to use a.o. F-keys with 1.10.1 with 3D LB pit CTRL-F11/'crew camera' does not work (which I think might be obvious because of the new pit).
I was trying to get very close to the helicopter to look into the new pit from the outside.
I thought I once saw pictures of this, I must be mistaken.

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/12/08 01:47 PM

1400x1050 looks better than 1680x1050 - I can see more of the cockpit.

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/12/08 01:55 PM

1400x1050 looks better than 1680x1050 - I can see more of the cockpit.

Just zoom out to see more. And if it doesn't zoom out enough, you can increase the maximum field of view in eech.ini.

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/12/08 09:42 PM

About the new 1.10.01 eech.ini setting 'eofullrange'.
If eofullrange set to '1' it seems to slow down EECH (on my rather average gaming rig, didn't test it more in general) down considerably.
If I put it back to '0' great! framerates return.
It might -of course- be a (my) system specific issue, but I report this just in case it would be a more general issue. Also, even if so, on faster rigs it might be no problem whatsoever to set it on.
BTW all other parameters are set to 'max eye candy' and still EECH is incredibly fluid (AMD 3500+ and nvidi GF6800GT - 1GB RAM - XP SP2)

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/13/08 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Crazy F[PT

Has the server for the 1.10.1 exe been slow as well? Shouldn't think so... Though checksix.fr has a mirror of that one as well.

I don't know if is the server was slow. I just added the mirror for help in case of problems...
Posted By: Butterfly

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/15/08 07:47 PM

Thanks a lot Arneh, Amazing work !!!!
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/15/08 11:36 PM

There are plans to upgrade it with DTV, and a few might even have reached the field by now. These Apaches have several other changes as well, like the ORT and DVO has been removed; it has just 300 rounds of cannon ammunition and stronger armor instead; the Stinger launchers have been replaced by better countermeasures etc.

This leads me to believe the M230 isn't as effective as we'd like to think it is is. I know the rounds do not have as much charge behind them as the GAU-8 Avenger on the A-10 so their penetration will not be as high. They are also high-explosive (though in Gunship from 1988, you could pick between armor piercing and HEDP ammo).

Does anyone have any info on how effective the M230 really is against armored targets? What its actual penetration is?

The A-10 can rip through tanks but like any other weapon, they can't hit the tank from any angle. They might hit it from top down to hit the weaker top armor, or from the sides for a flatter target or rear for thinner armor. The front, where the armor is greatest might have a tougher time being pierced.

I'm curious how many rounds it takes to actually puncture and fry a tank. I haven't had any luck finding real world data on this.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/17/08 03:33 AM

Anyone know the seat adjustment commands? I noticed today that wideview (8 or 9 key) in the apache makes me sit a little off center with TIR and since search if messed up in the forum, I can't find the commands.

I checked the latest keyguide and did not see them either.

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/17/08 06:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Mr_Blastman
Anyone know the seat adjustment commands? I noticed today that wideview (8 or 9 key) in the apache makes me sit a little off center with TIR

ctrl + \

However, note that the Apache cockpit is slightly asymetric (both in real life and in EECH), and both pilot and co-pilot sit slightly to the right in the cockpit. Presumably to leave enough space for the collective to the left of the seat.
Posted By: Austin

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/23/08 11:12 PM

All Right ARNEH !!!
Out standing job.
I'm Lost in the cohokum 1.10.1 again.
Many thanks,
A
Posted By: Reticuli

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 02/24/08 02:27 AM

cross coupling feels really weird now in the apache..

Weird in what way? There hasn't been any change to cross coupling...

I think he means with cross coupling off. There's less yaw rate from small collective changes. I quite like it this way, as it is much more manageable. In fact, it only takes a small amount of decent to keep yourself in the same direction. Almost like LB2's tailmixing, though obviously not the same thing. Combined with the trim ability (now working for tail rotor), this works very well. Cross coupling ON is still the same old canned thing...probably only appropriate for the Comanche.
Posted By: kieron5678

Re: EECH 1.10 released - 02/29/08 06:14 PM

Can You Turn The Tilt-Rotor (MV-22 Osprey) Into A Plane If So Please Tell Me How To Do It.
kieron5678
Posted By: mac22

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 03/13/08 10:15 PM

I want to do a fresh install of EECH so i can use the new 3d cockpit for the apache, and
had a couple of questions
(1)I have been using the EECHcentral website as a guide and notice under the installation
procedure section it tells u to install the game from CD and then u install (1) community add ons, (2)mod 1.10 and (3)3d apache cockpit. I am wondering does this mean u dont have to patch up the original cd (out of the box) version of the game using the old retail patches before u start to install the mods?
(2)When i try to download the EECH 1.10 file from the eech central website i get a page cant be found error ( it looks like there is a problem with the link). Can someone give me another link for the file (preferably one that doesnt require any kind of registration) so i can download it?
(3)I notice there are now some newer version oof the mod such as 1.10.1 or 1.10.2 can i install them in place of the original and will the apache 3d cockpit still work?

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 03/13/08 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: mac22
(1)I have been using the EECHcentral website as a guide and notice under the installation procedure section it tells u to install the game from CD and then u install (1) community add ons, (2)mod 1.10 and (3)3d apache cockpit. I am wondering does this mean u dont have to patch up the original cd (out of the box) version of the game using the old retail patches before u start to install the mods?

I guess the AllMods patch may include the official patch. Though it does no harm to apply it manually first, and I've seen several reports where it obviously didn't work without the official patch.

Quote:
When i try to download the EECH 1.10 file from the eech central website i get a page cant be found error ( it looks like there is a problem with the link). Can someone give me another link for the file (preferably one that doesnt require any kind of registration) so i can download it?

Yeah, site seems to be down right now. checksix-fr.com has mirrors:
http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?page=detail&ID=5553
http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?page=detail&ID=5554
http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?page=detail&ID=5555

Quote:
I notice there are now some newer version oof the mod such as 1.10.1 or 1.10.2 can i install them in place of the original and will the apache 3d cockpit still work?

Yes, use 1.10.2 instead of 1.10. You still need (or at least probably want) the 1.9 AllMods patch, apply that before 1.10.2. Cockpit works with any 1.10 version.
Posted By: mac22

Re: STICKY: EECH 1.10 released - 03/14/08 12:39 AM

ok thanks!
I think u are recommending applying the official patch first b 4 any of the mods?
Can anyone give me a link to this patch, and is there only one official patch?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums