homepage

EECH 1.8.6 released

Posted By: arneh

EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/03/07 03:23 PM

A quick fix to fix a problem with save games/multiplayer in 1.8.5.

Changelog:
  • Fix for save games and multiplayer crashing in 1.8.5.
  • Export also the upfront display/ekran data to shared
    memory (fix by Retro).

Full download
upgrade for those who already have 1.8.2 or later (just replace your cohokum.exe with this one).
Posted By: Cougar_DK

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/03/07 03:43 PM

Thanx arneh.
Posted By: Gr.Viper

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/03/07 05:05 PM

Thanx! Saves work fine..
BTW, is it just me or the game tends to CTD if you try to make a screenshot using PrintScreen?
Posted By: Badger

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/03/07 05:14 PM

Ok..just went in and flew a multiplayer session and all seems fine,no connection problems and no cdt's.We were in for only about 20 mins testing though.we'll test longer flights today and this week.
Posted By: Novum

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/03/07 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Badger
Ok..just went in and flew a multiplayer session and all seems fine,no connection problems and no cdt's.We were in for only about 20 mins testing though.we'll test longer flights today and this week.

are we??? ;\)

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/03/07 05:37 PM

If ya want...sure...was just in with jellybean
Posted By: Reticuli

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/03/07 05:41 PM

Cool, that was fast.
Posted By: ukSleek

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/03/07 06:14 PM

Cheer's!
Posted By: PFF

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/03/07 09:41 PM

Thnx, arneh!
Posted By: GlynD

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/03/07 09:57 PM

Thanks very much
Posted By: Fingorn

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/04/07 11:43 AM

i get also a CTD when trying to make a screenshot

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/04/07 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Gr.Viper
Thanx! Saves work fine..
BTW, is it just me or the game tends to CTD if you try to make a screenshot using PrintScreen?

Doesn't happen for me. But you were using a 8800? It has been known to be a problematic card for EECH previously. Possibly buggy drivers?

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/04/07 01:18 PM

The funny thing is that sometimes I can take a whole session of screenshots and at other times even trying to make one results in an immediate crash. Still can't figure out the reason...
My vid is Radeon 9600 XT

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/04/07 02:21 PM

Arneh...would it be possible to have armour more mobile?So that we need to hunt them on the run?

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/04/07 02:29 PM

Everything is possible ;\)

But easy, no. It would take quite a bit of reprogramming of the AI.

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/04/07 03:16 PM

Oh... If you do, that make them prefer paths through woods, cities and stuff like that avoiding open terrain \:\)
I met an armour group on a narrow road running through woods in the East of Cuba - lost 3 gunships trying to take it out. The catch was that the radar didn't acquire them unless you got really close or ran right along the short straight stretch of road. And you could fire missiles at them only from very restricted angle. In such conditions AA guns do their job really fast.

And if enemy choppers were flying CAP along the path of armour movement... Never mind, I'm just daydreaming.
Posted By: Mapi

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/04/07 07:32 PM

THX man, quick fix

Some times we will get 2.0 \:D
Posted By: GlynD

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/04/07 11:00 PM

And be a darn site better than the other "2" by the looks of another forum on here!

Posted By: Reticuli

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/05/07 09:53 PM

Well, I've had armored columns driving along the road move off road and seemingly try to get away once I started shooting at them. Not sure if that was an accident, or what. In my opinion, the biggest thing now is getting manpads more associated with enemy FARPs. They have little guys in there, but I never see 'em.

Is it not possible to get the transposed flir over the TSD when in HuD/MFD only view on the Apache?

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/06/07 02:44 PM

Just a thought...what if the ground units had waypoint routines like aircraft do?(Accept on the ground of course).Could they be adapted?I mean ,what allows the enemy AI aircraft to patrol the way they do?
Posted By: SimFan

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/07/07 12:40 PM

Thank you ALL so much.
Another stable release ... amazing group of EECH1 devs !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess this makes it ... EE1 vs EE2: 186 to 100 \:\)

BTW I'm (finally) getting EE2 (No risk No fun) but don't expect a smooth ride/flight with it.

Posted By: Cougar_DK

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/07/07 01:31 PM

Hi Badger, this is taken from the EEAH strategy guide (Link):

Quote:
Ground Force Movement AI

How does the AI decide to move ground forces? The advance and direction of ground units is determined by pre-designed "warmth" map.

Each ground unit heads towards a road junction (or junction "node" to give it a techie name) that has the hottest value on the hidden warmth map. Assuming you could overlay the network of roads over the warmth map and sample the values that lay under each road junction. The junction with the highest value is the direction the ground unit will head towards.
Cuban Theater Warmth Maps
Blue Force Red Force

figure 4-4: ground forces attracted to lighter areas.

Every time a unit reaches a road junction, it stops and waits a pre-determined time before checking the "map" again and deciding which way to turn.

Most campaign objective sectors are hand placed so ground forces following the "map" should eventually pass through them. However some units will get stuck at dead ends. Or bypass some sectors.

The warmth maps and objective sectors are editable with Adobe PhotoShop. Details on this can be found in a later chapter.

My guess is that this still is the case. A little like Falcon 4's node structure.

Re: EECH 1.8.6 released - 06/07/07 03:49 PM

That was interestin.Thanks.I wonder if the guys that originally did ApachevsHavoc/EECH aren't fallen overthemselves wonderin what "could" have been given todays AI, say for instance in ARMA or lockOn.Man that would be nice in this game.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums