homepage

EECH 1.8.4 released

Posted By: arneh

EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/21/07 12:51 AM

Nothing new in this one, just fixing a few bugs which showed up in previous 1.8 releases.

Changelog:
  • Fixed Hind's flight model which caused it to be suddently do violent manouvers and crash.
  • Reverted fix which caused some missiles to continue unguided when they lost guidance. They will now self destruct again. The unguided fix caused crashes in multiplayer.
  • Fixed so that mouse buttons can be used with the EO cameras again.
  • If the registry doesn't contain a Apache Havoc entry, EECH will now check if the aphavoc directory exists in the same directory as cohokum, and use it if it does (only used for Apache and Havoc cockpit textures).

Full download
For those who already have 1.8.2 or 1.8.3 you only need the new cohokum.exe file (replace the one you already have).
Posted By: dfang

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/21/07 01:38 AM

Thanks arneh,,

Got cohokum.exe installed,,works great..
Posted By: Moezilla

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/21/07 02:32 AM

Thanks so much Arneh, I will try this out asap.

I really appreciate your work to fix these bugs.

Posted By: MIGHAIL

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/21/07 02:45 AM

thank you
Posted By: Bib4Tuna

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/21/07 02:47 AM

Where is that "bow to" smiley?
Posted By: talmanh

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/21/07 05:57 AM

Will not run, after 1.8.4 update
get this message
Invalid list type(ENTITY TYPE=Entiy_type Group
Index=22979=List_Type_invalid,file=p\eech\eech-new\APHAVOC\source\entity\system\en_func\en_list.c,line325
Running 1.8.4
gwut183.txt

It was running fine.
Posted By: ukSleek

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/21/07 06:23 AM

Thank you very much! ;\)

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/21/07 08:39 AM

Originally Posted By: talmanh
Will not run, after 1.8.4 update
get this message
Invalid list type(ENTITY TYPE=Entiy_type Group
Index=22979=List_Type_invalid

When does that happen? Every time you start up the game?
Posted By: GCsDriver

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/21/07 10:38 AM

Wow! Thanx so much Arneh,

just flew the Hind, it`s awesome and so critical in some skirmishes when it`s all You have left to fly with... really appreciate Your comeback.

Surely all the others will be glad about the fixed MP bug;
80 views and 8 replies, get ready cause they must have sent You some real congratulation cards

Thumbs up and thanx again,
GCsDriver
Posted By: Andreas

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/21/07 10:41 AM

Thanks!!!
Posted By: Decca

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/21/07 11:00 AM

Thank you very much sir!
Posted By: gotcha

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/21/07 12:12 PM

I have added 1.8.4 to the install list iof the updater, on the eechcentral server and my own server.
and added the link to the install sticky
Posted By: GlynD

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/21/07 02:08 PM

Thank you very much Arneh...

Glyn
Posted By: essemm

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/21/07 07:45 PM

Cool! Thanks Arneh!
Posted By: Bars

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/21/07 08:27 PM

After reading the recent posts, ive decided to get back in EE - big thanks for your hard work on this brilliant sim!
Posted By: DarKcyde

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/22/07 06:04 AM

Originally Posted By: essemm
Cool! Thanks Arneh!

+1
Posted By: Archer11

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/22/07 01:53 PM

You rock! Thanks!

Works like a charm after deleting the "old" eech.ini...
Posted By: LazerPotatoe

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/22/07 09:46 PM

Thanks Arneh
Posted By: papote

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/23/07 04:41 AM

my EECH runs way better now than before

what a great time to be a simer
Posted By: Reticuli

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/26/07 01:21 AM

Is the downwash dust reduced in this version? Seems much better than before. I always found it too obscuring and happening too close to the ground in previous releases. Maybe I've just been over wetter dirt?

The only crashes I'm getting now seem to be in the Cobra during combat.

I would still like to see 3 modes for Crosscoupling: Off, Partial, and Full (currently ON). On single rotor helos even that have a form of crosscoupling, the effect of collective changes should still be coming through significantly. So with "Partial" you wouldn't need to apply yaw to keep from spinning at 0 VVI and 0 IAS, but if you reduced or increased collective you should have to compensate on the pedals. It's also called Yaw Dampening, something even the Hokum has to have in real life to get anything close to how well-behaving the Ka-50 is in EECH. There's no such thing as perfect crosscoupling, so a middle option would give people the chance of having something in between on the fly-by-wire helos without having to go all arcade with the current "ON" setting. I think the current "ON" is actually just bypassing the yaw/collective relationship in the flight models anyway, like its cheating it, right?

Then there's the autoleveling thing. It's like Autopilot's CWS feature was turned on when you were still on the pad. And Pitch Trim is just adjusting the command trim loads from this permanent CWS setting it keeps reverting to when you toggle trim off. Weird, but that's not your fault. Inadequate "streamlining" of the airframe in the air is another one. I suspect that's the reason the translational lift is so funky when you pitch up and why you don't tend to whip back forward quite the way you should when you do a switchback with crosscoupling off (pitch up, collective down, yaw left in US helos).

I LUV the night darkness adjustment. Finally at 0.1 the PNVS gives an improvement! Neat.

Finally, I'm pretty sure the Comanche's DTV MFD picture was in true color, but that's nitpicking. Anyone know what the Apache's is? I'm not talking about in Low Light mode.

All in all, great work.

BTW, the WUT shouldn't be automatically assigned in this one like it was in the previous update, right?
Posted By: Rakski

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/26/07 01:25 AM

lets see how it works

thx

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/26/07 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Reticuli
Finally, I'm pretty sure the Comanche's DTV MFD picture was in true color, but that's nitpicking. Anyone know what the Apache's is? I'm not talking about in Low Light mode.

I asked a real Longbow pilot the last time this issue came up. If you search you might be able to find his full answer, but here's the gist of it:

The current Apaches only have monochrome (green) FLIR and DTV. The DTV is planned to be upgraded to a colour camera with the M-TADS upgrade.
DVO however is a purely optical device (like binoculars, or a telescope), so it obviously shows colours. The DVO can however only be used by the gunner through the optical relay tube (ORT). And new Longbows have removed the ORT (and DVO) as it was rarely used. It has been replaced by a third MFD for the gunner.

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/26/07 02:04 AM

Right, yeah the ORT's gunna be in color. I didn't know that couldn't show up the MFD's. Janes always let it. Makes sense, though. That enhanced Apache stuff that's been moving Comanche (and related) upgrades over to the 64's is neat stuff. The only reason to make the DTV color in EE would probably be to make the Blackshark and Comanche more realistic, but with only 2 MFD's in the Apache pit it's a judgement call.

Do the Kiowas still show full radar functions in EECH? Can't remember if the Cobra still had that problem...don't think so. The Kiowa mast in the last version was not functioning like a TADS mast. A Kiowa with the Westinghouse on top...wonder if they've tried that in the flesh world yet. Not much use for radar right now in the two theaters the US is in, but oh well.

Speaking of Westinghouse, the Asian company that bought the namesake of that company had a 5000 line LCD at CES. It's still not built into a flat panel but rather all the electronics had been fit into the wall, including the several PC's and power supplies required to run it, but it looked indestinguishable from a high-quality transparency print...like those back-lit film posters. I spent a few minutes actually trying to figure out if that's what it was with my face only a foot away from it. And this was a +50" screen. Amazing achievement. A bunch of people from US-DoD wanted to buy a couple immediately for high value target briefings and such in their command center, even if it meant taking up the inside of a wall. The tech guys were like, "sorry it's one of a kind right now."

Re: EECH 1.8.4 released - 02/27/07 08:56 AM

Oh, forgot to mention I still get chunky cockpit panning with both the mouse and using joystick axis'. With mouse emulation is just stutters a little; with joystick axis' in control of the 3D pit view, it's definitely working in descrete notches. Makes the HMS pretty useless when going that route.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums