homepage

Heads up about the last patch

Posted By: ArgonV

Heads up about the last patch - 06/06/18 07:23 PM

Just installed the patch which was released a bit ago to address the new privacy laws:

It set back to default my sound, graphics and network settings, and also set back the default controller to my mouse. Luckily it didn't alter the control schemes I already had in-place.

Thought you all should know.
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Heads up about the last patch - 06/07/18 02:17 PM

why am I not surprised, nothing is simple anymore, lol!
Posted By: dutch

Re: Heads up about the last patch - 06/07/18 05:15 PM

After doing the update try to click on the update window again. It does not work anymore, so I guess this is the last RoF update. skullhead

Before updating, thanks to SteveF btw, make a backup from:
For general settings GFX network, logging etc backup...Rise of Flight\data\startup.cfg
For stick mappings and curves backup this folder...Rise of Flight\data\input
For cockpit views and head position backup this folder...Rise of Flight\data\LuaScripts\snapviews
Posted By: Master

Re: Heads up about the last patch - 06/08/18 05:28 AM

Every time I start the game my controls are different. I think it has to do with the game assigning controls based on USBID instead of Controller Name. Very frustrating. I've pretty much just given up on RoF and am waiting for FC.
Posted By: Staniol

Re: Heads up about the last patch - 06/11/18 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Master
Every time I start the game my controls are different. I think it has to do with the game assigning controls based on USBID instead of Controller Name. Very frustrating. I've pretty much just given up on RoF and am waiting for FC.

This!
I have an MsFFB2 with an X52 throttle, plus I am using a G27 for driving... ROF gives me PITA to configure them almost every time.
Posted By: Dart

Re: Heads up about the last patch - 06/17/18 01:51 PM

Here's an old chestnut:

Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Heads up about the last patch - 06/22/18 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Dart
Here's an old chestnut:

Code
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-TWqIzkD7A[/video]

Always gives me a smile watching that video. Wish I had been around for that era of the sim.

Wheels
© 2024 SimHQ Forums