homepage

Stand by ... (the RoF 1.024 patch is HERE)

Posted By: Laser

Stand by ... (the RoF 1.024 patch is HERE) - 03/23/12 01:31 PM

... for the 2^10/1000 RoF version:

http://riseofflight.com/Blogs/post/2012/03/22/Version-1024.aspx

Re: Stand by ... - 03/23/12 03:49 PM

Ready? Go! Patch is out smile

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28550

Some personal highlights (beside the new 2-variant engined plane):

AI:

Quote:
... we’re continuing our work on further airplane AI improvements, in this order we have a feature for 1.024 which is making AI planes more smart in target selection – now AIs will not follow the enemies which are too high and climb time is too long to intercept them.

Quote:
For example, the AI is now able to determine that a target is too high and it will not choose to attack it hence making a long chase. This will make the tactical behavior of the AI more human.

Quote:
7. AI target engagement limit by climb-to-target time is implemented

in-mission dialogs:

Quote:
Also we have prepared a small SDK on how to use interactive dialogs and make some cool functionality in custom missions. The SDK is currently only in Russian, but we hope that with the community’s help we can translate it into other languages as soon as possible. We believe that the use of these new features will make missions more interesting.

Quote:
6. 3rd party dialogs SDK done

Posted By: Aladar

Re: Stand by ... - 03/23/12 04:08 PM

Quote:
For example, the AI is now able to determine that a target is too high and it will not choose to attack it hence making a long chase. This will make the tactical behavior of the AI more human.

THANK GOD. This is the biggest ROF piece of news for me in a while.
Posted By: komemiute

Re: Stand by ... - 03/23/12 04:21 PM

Quick questions, do the new Official skinpack supersede the old one?
I mean, I can just install it, right? It does contain all the previous stuff anyway, right?

How to install the Historical skinpacks?
Posted By: paf_eaf310

Re: Stand by ... - 03/23/12 05:07 PM

Official skinpacks are always up to date and cumulative. So yes, all skins included.

Community Packs are all unique.
Posted By: komemiute

Re: Stand by ... - 03/23/12 06:41 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: Bandy

Re: Stand by ... - 03/23/12 07:30 PM

I think the big message is they are starting to pull an SDK together, if only in a "small" way...

ALSO two Haberstadts for the price of one! Yeah!!!

Laser, your subject line of the post should be less ambiguous, people may overlook this...
Posted By: dutch

Re: Stand by ... - 03/23/12 07:42 PM

What is this SDK doing, it seems it is not made for designers own made planes or static objects!!!

Re: Stand by ... (the RoF 1.024 patch is HERE) - 03/23/12 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By: dutch
What is this SDK doing, it seems it is not made for designers own made planes or static objects!!!

It means 3rd party people could make custom, in-mission, interactive flash dialogs in the same vein as e.g. 'photo recon'.

---

@Bandy - done smile
Posted By: OlPaint

Re: Stand by ... (the RoF 1.024 patch is HERE) - 03/26/12 03:58 PM

Hello Everyone

Since I updated to version 1.024, the ROF Launcher is throwing two script errors after I click the 'Start game' button and the 'Rise of Flight game launcher' screen displays.
The first script error is as follows:

When I answer (YES), the second script error displays:

When I answer (YES), the second script error disappears and allows me to click on the 'Start' button. The game loads normally and plays normally from then on.

Any ideas what I need to do to correct the two script errors?

OlPaint

Re: Stand by ... (the RoF 1.024 patch is HERE) - 03/26/12 05:28 PM

Hi OlPaint,

searched for "__gat is undefined"

-> maybe it is this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/fo...79-2bdc283fd82c
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Stand by ... (the RoF 1.024 patch is HERE) - 03/26/12 05:39 PM

That's definitely some sort of launcher/IE interaction error. Annoying, but shouldn't affect the game itself.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: OlPaint

Re: Stand by ... (the RoF 1.024 patch is HERE) - 03/26/12 07:43 PM

I have searched for '__gat is undefined' script error in a Google Search. I found several suggestions. First, I tryed a IE 8 reset. Then I tryed SFC /scannow to attempt a Windows XP Pro SP3 system files repair. No Joy for either one...still getting the script errors in ROF Launcher.

The last suggestion I found is that the issue may reside in the Java code of the ROF Launcher itself that may pull down and refresh the banner and advertisement windows...which is definitely beyond my efforts to repair.

Laser and Jedi Master, as you said, ROF still runs OK once it launches, despite the script errors. It is just not very elegant to see the script error pop-ups.

OlPaint
© 2024 SimHQ Forums