homepage

Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots!

Posted By: citizen guod

Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/01/11 07:37 PM

We have close to 300 entries for the Rise of Flight Screenshot Contest, and the quality of the images is outstanding, and really shows how good RoF looks!

Now it is time to vote. Please pick your SEVEN favorite screenshots from the poll below. The numbers represent the post that each image appears, and the numbers are in consecutive order.

Download the 8.5 MB Voters Reference Guide so you can see the images in thumbnail view to compare them side-by-side.

Unfortunately, we had a few entries disqualified. If you don't see your entry in the listing, please review the contest rules, and send me an private message (PM) if you still have questions about why your screenshot(s) was not-eligible.

Disregard the last two check boxes with the "----".

The contest closes on March 13th, and the winners will be announced later that evening.

Good luck everyone!

Posted By: Catfish

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/01/11 09:04 PM

Hello,
really difficult, some phantastic shots. Some hairy situations as well, must have been diffficult to pick the moments for sure !
Since there are so much better ones i did not have to vote for mine lol
Good luck everyone !
Greetings,
Catfish/Wels
Posted By: WWHappy

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/02/11 02:12 AM

voted
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/02/11 03:59 AM

There are a lot of great shots. I am going to have to whittle my list down quite a bit to be able to vote for just 7.

Wheels
Posted By: Zoring

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/02/11 06:12 AM

Would it be possible to get the page numbers that correspond to the images in the gallery so we can find the fullscreen ones?
Posted By: Feathered_IV

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/02/11 10:20 AM

Good God! And I thought choosing just three was hard dizzy

A great job all round I reckon. Is it just me, or would that reference guide make a fantastic wall poster...?
Posted By: Treize

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/02/11 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Feathered_IV
Good God! And I thought choosing just three was hard dizzy

A great job all round I reckon. Is it just me, or would that reference guide make a fantastic wall poster...?

I was thinking that myself. And even if it doesn't I managed to find myself some great new wallpapers.

And some of those would be gorgeous framed prints or pics to use for a 'Ghosts of the Great War' type calendar. thumbsup
Posted By: FlatSpinMan

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/02/11 04:04 PM

Voted. Took a while as there were so many great ones. I had 25 on my shortlist, and that was quite hard. Selecting among them even harder.
Posted By: Bandy

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/02/11 05:30 PM

Looking at the voter's reference guide I'm struck by how mundane/boring most of the images look at small size.
IMHO one does not get a real feel for the image attributes (composition, detail, etc) unless they are viewed at a larger size. I know many of these images that I've downloaded and now use for RoF loading screens look much much better at full-screen.

Not that everyone has the time, but the voter's reference guide should be just that, a guide to locating images rather than side-by-side comparison.

Just an observation...
Posted By: spiffyscimitar

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/02/11 11:01 PM

Yeah, definately look at the larger versions, most of my choices completely changed from my initial thumbnail impressions.
Posted By: LukeFF

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/03/11 10:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Zoring
Would it be possible to get the page numbers that correspond to the images in the gallery so we can find the fullscreen ones?

That wouldn't help much, since everyone can set how many posts per page to display.
Posted By: Zoring

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/03/11 10:59 AM

Ah well nevermind my sausageness then
Posted By: Wibbey

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/03/11 04:03 PM

Zoring you big sausage you!
Posted By: Planemad

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/03/11 07:22 PM

I have voted for, Good luck every one smile

Planemad
Posted By: TazMan

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/04/11 12:47 AM

I had a user error with my posting... oops As a brand new member and new the forum world I posted all three of my screen shots in a single posting. Please overlook my idiot maneuver.

Here they are just so I didn't take the time in vain.

S! (Short hand for a Salute) to the SimHQ members.

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/04/11 12:48 AM

I had a user error with my posting... oops As a brand new member and new the forum world I posted all three of my screen shots in a single posting. Please overlook my idiot maneuver.

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/04/11 12:48 AM

Posted By: HORSE1

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/05/11 04:13 PM

Each photo showed what the person who took it,thought was cool. Good grief. ROF you are a complexed blend of many minds. Awesome dudes. I really enjoyed getting into it. Thanks
Posted By: lightman

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/05/11 07:00 PM

WOW.... now that was hard... so many amazing screen grabs... what a fantastic sim ROF is... good luck to everyone and many thanks to the team at 777 for providing us with the best and most realistic sim around...

check out my version of the 777 logo...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpiljUu-yfw
Posted By: -Peregrine-

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/06/11 11:15 PM

Yeah, I didn't figure out how to find the full size images by number until after I voted... so I was glad for several of my votes, but a few ended up as regrets. (Regrets in the kindest sense, since most of these are better than I could produce!) I'm glad I voted for xxxxx, xxxxx, xxxxx, and xxxxx. After viewing images full screen, I wish I had voted for xxxxx. Are the winners going to be made into wallpaper sizes? xxxxx needs to be framed and hung on my wall... seriously, are there any rules about going to OfficeMax and printing a poster of a screen shot to frame? yep

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/07/11 05:40 PM

Not really my place to mention this, but it is best --and provides the most impartial venue-- if we don't discuss our votes on the forum.
Posted By: WWBrian

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/07/11 05:47 PM

Agreed Bandy thumbsup - let's not influence other voters Pere' by mentioning which ones we voted for. seehearspeak
Posted By: mazex

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/08/11 05:53 PM

Voted, was a bit disappointed I missed my entry with 3 minutes but I now understand that the last entries really have a hard time anyway as the seven choices easily run out after half the list with all these good screenshots!
Posted By: Koala

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/12/11 07:17 AM

Voted. Hard work. Too many good shots. Maybe some criteria to help us next time. My best were those that could be rendered in oil paint and framed - plenty of them too. Great work boys.

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/14/11 11:34 AM

Ok, what's next???
Posted By: OverGCat

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/14/11 12:06 PM

So who the lucky ones and where their masterpieces? wink
Posted By: Tbone_uk

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/14/11 02:55 PM

So who won?
Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/14/11 05:24 PM

^Yeah wondering the same thing, was the thread just a reference to the announcement?

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/14/11 08:12 PM

They likely have a harder decision to make than we did picking out 7, so let's all be patient.
I was simply asking "what's next" to find out just that...
Posted By: CrimsonTide

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/14/11 11:50 PM

And the winners are!.............................er, um,......does anyone have the envelope?
Posted By: Mastiff

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/15/11 04:27 AM

lol I think they went bankrupt? duel
Posted By: citizen guod

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/15/11 07:54 AM

Jason is working on the honorable mention winners and then we'll post everything.
Posted By: Sim

Re: TIME TO VOTE! Pick Your Favorite RoF Screenshots! - 03/15/11 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: guod
Jason is working on the honorable mention winners and then we'll post everything.

I hear he is in Moscow this week. Probably recovering from local 'fun'. biggrin
© 2024 SimHQ Forums