homepage

777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB

Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason

777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/11/09 07:28 PM

Hey Guys,

Just a heads up. As you all have seen, Laser's post about his v.1.0 QMB for ROF has caused some excitement. To encourage Laser's good work, 777 Studios has partnered with Gabi "Laser" to sponsor his QMB and make his QMB available to all. 777 Studios will work with him to add some more of the proposed capability that he touched on in his original post. Stay tuned for more as development continues.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2837830/STICKY_Quick_n_Dirty_Dogfight_.html#Post2837830

Jason
Posted By: DD_JoeBob

Re: 777 Studios to Spondor Laser's QMB - 08/11/09 07:31 PM

Poor #%&*$#, I know I'd hate to be spondored ... sounds painful.

Still if that's what it takes to get him to do more and better then I say ... SPONDOR ON!

biggrin

WH_JoeBob
Posted By: -Avatar-

Re: 777 Studios to Spondor Laser's QMB - 08/11/09 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
Hey Guys,

Just a heads up. As you all have seen, Laser's post about his v.1.0 QMB for ROF has caused some excitement. To encourage Laser's good work, 777 Studios has partnered with Gabi "Laser" to sponsor his QMB and make his QMB available to all. 777 Studios will work with him to add some more of the proposed capability that he touched on in his original post. Stay tuned for more as development continues.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2837830/STICKY_Quick_n_Dirty_Dogfight_.html#Post2837830

Great news! Thanks for giving us the heads up. Of course that means with such a big power house as 777 Studios obviously is behind Laser then the next version should be out real soon. Right? wink biggrin
Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs

Re: 777 Studios to Spondor Laser's QMB - 08/11/09 09:09 PM

Jason, since your in the loop more than most... i take it then NEOQB cant be making a QMB of their own then. smile

Still thats GREAT news and cant wait for latter versions!

Re: 777 Studios to Spondor Laser's QMB - 08/11/09 09:17 PM

Furbs,

I don't know what they are working on at the moment. I haven't been briefed on new features in a while. Me and the beta testers are concentrating on other items at the moment.

I liked Laser's work and wanted to help out that's all. I know what it's like for modders to work hard and not receive any support of any kind from either the developer ot publisher. I always told myself that when the opportunity came I would not let other's good work go unheralded or unassisted.

I'm not asking him to build the end all be all of QMB's. Just encouraging him to work on what he said was possible. I will do the same for others if they stumble on a way to help the ROF community.

Jason
Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs

Re: 777 Studios to Spondor Laser's QMB - 08/11/09 09:31 PM

well...i think that's very good of you Jason and great news for the rest of us! smile Ive had great fun in the QMB so far and look forward to more versions with more bells and whistles.
Posted By: WilliVonBill

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/11/09 10:28 PM

Well done, Jason! Thank you for supporting this.

WvB
Posted By: Lieste

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/11/09 10:39 PM

Sounds very 'right headed'.
Posted By: -Avatar-

Re: 777 Studios to Spondor Laser's QMB - 08/11/09 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
well...i think that's very good of you Jason and great news for the rest of us! smile Ive had great fun in the QMB so far and look forward to more versions with more bells and whistles.

+1 and then some! WTG Jason.
Posted By: Freycinet

Re: 777 Studios to Spondor Laser's QMB - 08/12/09 12:02 AM

superb Jason!
Posted By: TX-EcoDragon

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/12/09 12:53 AM

thumbsup
Posted By: knightgames

Re: 777 Studios to Spondor Laser's QMB - 08/12/09 02:59 AM

Excellent, Jason. Thanks to you and Laser this should be a well fleshed out QMB. For the simplicity of the original I'm having a good time. Can't wait for an updated version. Thanks Laser.
Posted By: TX-Gunslinger

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/12/09 03:13 AM

Thanks Jason! Great idea.

+1

Gunny
Posted By: Smosh

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/12/09 05:45 AM

Top stuff.
Posted By: Bleddyn

Re: 777 Studios to Spondor Laser's QMB - 08/12/09 08:05 AM

Very good news. Thank you Jason and Laser.

Looking at his QMB and the Mission Editor it should be fairly easy to at least get things like multiple plane types, multiple pilot skill levels, skins etc in there pretty easily.

I look forward to seeing what can be made of it!
Posted By: Feathered_IV

Re: 777 Studios to Spondor Laser's QMB - 08/12/09 02:49 PM

Excellent news. Go Laser!
Posted By: Dunkers

Re: 777 Studios to Spondor Laser's QMB - 08/12/09 09:45 PM

Well done chaps - thanks! thumbsup

cheers
Posted By: KillerAnts

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/13/09 12:42 AM

Nice one, Jason!

Gabi/Laser managed a "simple" solution to keep interest in this sim alive meanwhile they *hopelly* manage a solution for a DC.
Posted By: Thunderbolt56

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/13/09 03:50 AM

+1

woot
Posted By: Vanderstok

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/13/09 01:03 PM

That's great!

My I offer a suggestion? Could you make the UI something like the old Red Baron mission selector?

See here at 4:05: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY5mDKmS_xk

It is still one of the most intuïtive, attractive GUIs for building a quick mission IMHO.

Posted By: Gustang

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/13/09 01:08 PM

Quote:
Could you make the UI something like the old Red Baron mission selector?

hahah... now you're talkin'!

thumbsup
Posted By: FiveDigits

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/13/09 01:19 PM

That reminds me again how ingenious the whole RB1 GUI was. Seems like every development from that point on was more of a step backwards - RB2 ... IL2 ... RoF. Quite sad and hard to understand.
Posted By: Bleddyn

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/14/09 07:59 PM

A couple questions. These are just out of curiosity, nothing more.

What does "Sponsoring" Laser mean? Will you provide him with resources (programs he may need) to develop the QMB? Webspace to host it? Pay him to not go to work/school while he develops it? (just kidding of course on the last one :D). Just wondering what this sponsorship means in layman's terms.

Also, with neoqb announcing that they do not support Laser's QMB today, does that change your ability to "sponsor" it? It would seem odd for a Developer to back away from a 3rd party app while a publisher embraces it.

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2267

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/14/09 09:43 PM

Neoqb is just stating an obligitory, don't blame us if it doesn't work. Plus Lefty's english sounds to me like they don't want to do tech support for Laser's QMB i.e. someone created amission and it didn't work so they contacted neoqb. Lefty is just stating that their tech support team won't trouble shoot missions created with this tool. At some point they'll probably have their own QMB that they will support.

Yes, I'm paying all his bills and keeping his girlfriend busy while he develops cool apps for ROF. :-) I have a simple agreement with Laser to help him try to develop a couple things. I'm not going to reveal what we agreed to regarding my sponsorship. It's not something worth discussing nor does it affect the distribution or design of it.

My motivation is purely rooted in my love for all things simming.

I can contract with and support any third-party I want to. I have no restrictions in that regard. I did not discuss this issue with neoqb prior to working with Laser, but their statement doesn't surprise me or worry me.

Jason

Posted By: Lieste

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/14/09 11:19 PM

Perhaps they could have worded their response better though...

Instead of 'not supporting in any way', they could 'welcome the initiative', while 'referring all technical issues with missions built in the third party QMB to the author of that tool'
Posted By: Emmer

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/15/09 06:17 AM

Maybe its possible to integrate that editor as a full mission generator.
Dunno if this is mentioned already......:)
So instead of the "old" mission editor were you can choose from alot of stuff, a complete full generator, with all the options of the old one.
Now , that would be very cool!
Posted By: OlPaint

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/15/09 12:16 PM

Hello Jason

Everyone in the Community is familiar with the miracle utilities that GabiLaser built for RB3D. His Reload Utility revolutionized that game for me. Now that I discovered that he has directing his attention to ROF, I just took the plunge and sent my cash vote to purchase the Sim. I had held out awaiting Neoqb's Mission Builder. Now my fence sitting days are over. I am looking down the road for the postman...

OlPaint01
Posted By: Toadvine

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/18/09 01:50 PM

I read a post over at the Neoqb forum regarding Laser's mod and any other mods for that matter. Neoqb stated that they didn't mind third party work in fact welcome it but they can't be responsible for them when they cause problems or don't work. The original post from Neoqb regarding Laser's mod sounded derogatory but it's just a CYA move. Which is understandable, Neoqb can't be responsible for others code, they have their hands full with their own.

I found it:

Dear Mr. Doolittle,
Thank you very much for your support of ROF project. Please kindly note that Neoqb company had no objection in creation of useful software by third parties, on the contrary, we appreciate it very much.

Recently our tech support received several complaints from users that the game is crashing due to the use of QMB by Laser. In such cases, we are not able to provide you with any help and we cannot guarantee that it will function properly because we are not the authors of this application. Therefore, the responsibility for all problems goes to the shoulders of the author and the users who use this program.
Posted By: Mogster

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/20/09 07:59 PM

The statement in Toadvines post reads much better than the sticky in the ROF forum, I wish they'd change it.

Neoqb have a folder for 3rd party apps on their forum now.

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 08/25/09 12:18 AM

Just a heads up. Work on Laser's QMB continues, but he is on holiday (vacation) for a week or so. When he comes back work will resume. He is working in conjunction with some mission makers to create some standard templates for the QMB. That way you don't always have to fly over the same patch of ground.

Jason
Posted By: Hiccup

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 09/05/09 04:18 AM

Jason, I think that is great that you are willing to sponsor Laser's endevor. It really is nice to see someone willing to invest in someone that is investing there time to enhance a feature of the sim. Hats off to you.
Laser, great job. Where do we send our wish list? smile
Posted By: Trouble4u

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 09/05/09 01:33 PM

I hope hes able to figure out how to get the N17s to fight back when I'm flyin Pfalz DIII.

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 09/05/09 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Hiccup
Jason, I think that is great that you are willing to sponsor Laser's endevor. It really is nice to see someone willing to invest in someone that is investing there time to enhance a feature of the sim. Hats off to you.
Laser, great job. Where do we send our wish list? smile

No problem.

Lazer is back from vacation and is back working on the tool.

Jason
Posted By: SYN_Speck

Re: 777 Studios to Sponsor Laser's QMB - 09/08/09 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
He is working in conjunction with some mission makers to create some standard templates for the QMB. That way you don't always have to fly over the same patch of ground.

Good to hear it. As many have already stated, this is a great addition and I appreciate it. Thanks for the hard work!

I presume he will also be adding the DIII..
© 2024 SimHQ Forums