homepage

Xbox 360 Wireless controller disconnects all the time

Posted By: Silver Fox

Xbox 360 Wireless controller disconnects all the time - 01/31/12 01:16 PM

I have an Xbox 360 for about 4 years now. I use a wireless controller with rechargeable battery packs. The controllers are also 4 years old. Never had any problems with them. Then 5 days ago they start disconnecting in the middle of play. I tried using reg. batteries (NiCd) still smae problem. I disconected/turned off the wireless head set to see if it was interferring and same thing, so it's not the headset.

Anyone have any idea as to whats going on?

Silver Fox
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Xbox 360 Wireless controller disconnects all the time - 01/31/12 04:18 PM

After 4 years, I'd say just get a new controller. You may be surprised how the buttons and sticks have degraded without you noticing.
Posted By: SkateZilla

Re: Xbox 360 Wireless controller disconnects all the time - 01/31/12 05:48 PM

yeah, sweat and stuff gets into the controller and corrodes it out.
Posted By: DavoMacDave

Re: Xbox 360 Wireless controller disconnects all the time - 01/31/12 07:00 PM

I had the same problem. I think the battery pack wasnt seated properly, just wiggling it would turn the controller off. I ended up buying a nyco charger + 2 battery pack and havent had any problems since. A new controller could fix your problem too. :P
Posted By: SkateZilla

Re: Xbox 360 Wireless controller disconnects all the time - 01/31/12 07:39 PM

Duct Tape Fixes everything.......
Posted By: Silver Fox

Re: Xbox 360 Wireless controller disconnects all the time - 02/01/12 01:54 PM

Thanks for the help everyone. The duct tape worked great the only problem now is to find the buttons under the tape. Smile2

Just kidding.

I actually went out and bought a new controller and batteries. Things are working good again. Interestingly the old batteries in the new controller work fine too. So I guess you were right on the mark Raw Kryptonite.

Thanks for all the imput.

S F
© 2024 SimHQ Forums