homepage

ARMA3 tonight

Posted By: Tigerwulf

ARMA3 tonight - 03/20/13 06:54 PM

I'm thinking of hosting an ARMA3 room tonight at 9pm GMT-ish.

Anybody fancy it?
Posted By: tempusmurphy

Re: ARMA3 tonight - 03/20/13 06:58 PM

I would be in for an hour or so...
Posted By: Mace71

Re: ARMA3 tonight - 03/20/13 07:21 PM

Yes please smile
Posted By: Ragtop

Re: ARMA3 tonight - 03/20/13 08:10 PM

I might be able to peel away from the girlfriend for an hour if I can distract her!

Re: ARMA3 tonight - 03/20/13 08:51 PM

OK, room set up and I'm on teamspeak smile

Re: ARMA3 tonight - 03/20/13 10:51 PM

Hilarious night of chaos tonight! Not a lot getting done but a huge amount of fun, including;

Everybody getting into the wrong boats, unable to figure out who was in each one, then falling out of it and being unable to get back in.

Finally getting back in and finding my boat has been beached by the previous driver. The other driver then beaching his boat while trying to free mine!

Difficulty accidentally ending up on veteran, resulting in us trying to figure out where the heck we were on the map with no markers, then getting completely lost.

Adlabs getting blown up by another inventory grenade mistake!

Watching an Ifrit roll about 8 times down a hill, crushing it's crew on the way down.

All in all, an excellent night of A3A fun!

Re: ARMA3 tonight - 03/20/13 11:00 PM

Thanks for joining guys, it was fantastic fun. Although I think Magnum would have us all shot if he saw the state we were all in smile

Oh and it wasn't veteran Ragtop.......it was Elite skyisfalling

I thought I'd never do the 'g' thing and so I have now remapped. I wish I had FRAPS running at that point. Watching the truck that was about to kill us start to roll down the hill with enemies spilling out. Safe from harm we now get equipment from our damaged trucks. I kneel beside adlabs and place a grenade gently between his legs. I'm actually laughing out loud as I type this hehe

Re: ARMA3 tonight - 03/20/13 11:06 PM

I caught the aftermath biggrin

Posted By: Damocles

Re: ARMA3 tonight - 03/20/13 11:23 PM

Sorry, I was a bit useless.

Needed to set up a profile for "Damocles" instead of my default "Tom" which took a bit of head scratching on transferring all my controller settings, but eventually figured it out

The only other problem I had, apart from being left behind and having to do lots of running, puff pant, was for some reason I couldn't communicate on teamspeak, although in writing this I think I may have just realized why.

Anyway, hopefully next time I'll be a little better clued up, just like you lot obviously were. tactical biggrin
Posted By: adlabs6

Re: ARMA3 tonight - 03/21/13 02:06 AM

Good to have you join us, Damocles! Good fun all around. That mission where the truck rolled down the hill was the best time I've had so far in Arma3.
Posted By: Damocles

Re: ARMA3 tonight - 03/21/13 06:56 AM

Do you use V.O.N at all, moded or otherwise, or is it just teamspeak ?

Re: ARMA3 tonight - 03/21/13 07:53 AM

We do use VON in combination with TS but there wasn't enough of us to warrant it and we were acting asa single fireteam most the time. I did use vehicle chat a fewt times when Wheel and I were in the Hunter covering Bravo.
Posted By: archermav

Re: ARMA3 tonight - 03/21/13 01:14 PM

Gents,
Was trying to play MP yesterday, was well out of my depth. Is there such a thing as a complete idiots guide to Teamspeak and MP on Arma? Would like to join in, but not quite sure where to start.
Posted By: tempusmurphy

Re: ARMA3 tonight - 03/21/13 04:53 PM

just want to say thanks to Tigerwulf for hosting one of the funniest nights I have had in gaming for a while ... (almost rivals the baldrick, jettison night on dcs world...eh mace )

cheers all

Re: ARMA3 tonight - 03/21/13 05:04 PM

Lol, yeah the 'Ragtop, what boat are you in?' sequence was surreal and hilarious biggrin

Re: ARMA3 tonight - 03/21/13 05:29 PM

Archer, take a look at the getting started guide, stickied at the top of this forum.

Right now there isn't a designated ArmA 3 channel because there is no dedicated A3 server yet. At the moment Tigerwulf has kindly been hosting a game server from home as and when we play, and a user channel for A3 is temporarily created on the SimHQ Teamspeak.

When you get on the TS, whoever is active will talk you onto the game server with the required name and password. Keep an eye on the forum and you'll see when games are planned. Right now there aren't any particular days that we play so you'll have to check back frequently!
Posted By: archermav

Re: ARMA3 tonight - 03/21/13 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Ragtop
Archer, take a look at the getting started guide, stickied at the top of this forum.

Right now there isn't a designated ArmA 3 channel because there is no dedicated A3 server yet. At the moment Tigerwulf has kindly been hosting a game server from home as and when we play, and a user channel for A3 is temporarily created on the SimHQ Teamspeak.

When you get on the TS, whoever is active will talk you onto the game server with the required name and password. Keep an eye on the forum and you'll see when games are planned. Right now there aren't any particular days that we play so you'll have to check back frequently!

Cheers. I shall keep an eye out.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums