homepage

2011 Sahrani Campaign

Posted By: fatty

2011 Sahrani Campaign - 04/13/11 01:35 AM

With the addition of Sahrani to our island line-up, we're going to be doing another multiplayer co-op campaign. This will be in the same vein of our Isla Duala and Takistan campaigns over recent years. The first mission in the campaign will hopefully be held next week (18 April).

We'll take a brief break for our regular force-on-force event the following week, and continue from there.

Check out this short teaser clip I made for some more background on the story leading up to the start of the campaign:

------------------

Update 18 April

Okay, the campaign kicks off tonight (18 April). For the first phase, Force Recon is at the tip of the spear. Coalition forces need to secure an airfield quickly and quietly, so Force Recon operators are deploying by boat to sabotage the defences guarding the Rahmadi airfield.

Next, Force Recon operators move onto the mainland to link up with RACS resistance on the west coast of Sahrani. Once united, the RACS/Marines team moves out into the nearby area to strike several objectives.

Posted By: Meatsheild

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 04/13/11 07:49 AM

cant wait! Charge
Posted By: UnderTheRadar

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 04/13/11 02:03 PM

Awesome.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 04/13/11 04:34 PM

Awesome news fatty! I look forward to playing this.
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 04/13/11 05:19 PM

I am looking forward in reverse. [Jay Leno] After all, that what our leaders do in Congress! [/Jay Leno]

The Jedi Master
Posted By: Enven

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 04/13/11 06:55 PM

I am very excited about this campaign.
Posted By: IcePickFreak

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 04/14/11 12:28 AM

Awesome, we even got a trailer and everything. Don't know if I ever said it, but thanks fatty (and others!) for putting all these missions together for us. An entire campaign is that much cooler.
Posted By: LukeFF

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 04/14/11 07:46 AM

Looks good!

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 04/18/11 02:07 PM

Bumping for edits to first post.
Posted By: adlabs6

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 04/23/11 03:47 PM

Campaign mission #3 preview. The SLA are pushing hard to capture Cayo ahead of allied reinforcements. Time is of the essence, move fast into Cayo and push back the incoming assault. If successful, move ahead and seize the fuel depot just outside Cayo.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 05/09/11 01:14 AM

Campaign Mission 4 Preview:

CDF armor forces near San Peregrino are prepared to move north along the coast to the munitions depot near Cedras, for rearming. The 6 CDF BMP-2 units will be under direct command of a 4 man special forces team, who will also provide support via thermal imaging optics to detect AT threats under cover of night.

En route to the munitions depot is Estrella, which must be searched and cleared of any caches of AA weapons.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 05/15/11 10:25 PM

Campaign Mission 5 Preview:

The assault on the Pariaso airfield begins today. Your squad will kick off the attack by moving to Point November, locating two ZSU trucks at the airfield, and destroying them with Javelins. Cruise missiles will then strike two key areas of the airfield, before your group and support units move to capture it.

In close air support are two AH-64, one armed with Hellfire to support against ground threats, and the other armed with Sidewinders to guard the skies.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 06/02/11 03:15 PM

Campaign Mission 6 Preview:

Along the coast of southen Sahrani is the city of Dolores. This area has holdouts of heavily armed SLA, who have fortified themselves inside the town. Due to continued anti-air threats from the north, the cleanup of Dolores will be handled by infantry and artillery.

Equipped with an M1129 Mortar Carrier Stryker, your infantry group will visually identify and strike enemy strong points within the city. Moving into the city and capturing the three bridges is your overall objective.

Posted By: Rakov

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 06/02/11 06:56 PM

Holy smokes that looks awesome. I hope we get some sort of spotters... looks... busy.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 06/03/11 02:31 PM

I've been in many battles in Dolores over the years. It is NOT an easy place to invade. The elevation changes, the water obstacle, narrow streets and tall buildings...

The Jedi Master

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 06/03/11 04:19 PM

I say we take off and mortar the whole site from orbit.
Posted By: KlarSnow

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 06/03/11 04:59 PM

I thought the regular tactic for dolores was to try and LGB it with harriers, have many evil shilka's, usually end up lasing the wrong thing, and annihilate half or more of the squad with one ill placed bomb drop?
Or was it the approach from the east in 5 tons and get blown up on the road within five minutes by the artillery on the hills, or end up getting cut up in that orchard (I always called it that) by the church trying to suppress the engineers as they cleared the bridge of explosives?

Or am I thinking of a different Dolores...
Posted By: IcePickFreak

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 06/03/11 05:01 PM

Looks great, and challenging! I should hopefully be back in action this Monday, I'm definitely due for some Arma2 time.
Posted By: Enven

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 06/03/11 09:50 PM

If I have to do it...Reserve me as commander for this battle.
Posted By: Section_Eight

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 06/04/11 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Enven
If I have to do it...Reserve me as commander for this battle.

Well, who will be next in command after meatshield shoots you?

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 06/04/11 05:41 PM

you could be wink
Posted By: Wepps

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 06/04/11 07:17 PM

I'll be there Monday too, Enven and I can duel at dawn for squad leader's position on this one. I love urban maps.
Posted By: arma_kwalski

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 06/06/11 12:12 PM

is this the mission for this monday? i hope i can join and make it in time. new member here smile

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 06/09/11 01:34 AM

Campaign Mission #7 Preview:

Having secured the Pariaso airfield, the remaining SLA holdouts are cut off from their lines of support and have barricaded themselves within the Pariaso.

Your BAF infantry group will move in to purge the city of enemy strongholds, in particular a mortar emplacement high on the hill to the south.

CAS is available from the nearby airfield, but they must use caution due to continued man portable AA holed up in Pariaso.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 06/10/11 01:09 PM

Ah, Paraiso, the town where I shed much blood in Arma1!

The Jedi Master

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 06/18/11 01:36 PM

Campaign Mission #7 has been repaired, fatty and I tested with no problems. But that's not a large enough sample to satisfy me fully.

Do you know why the mission became unplayable after my mid-game fix? I made the repairs with my sound mod enabled by mistake. And the soundmod requirement embedded itself into the mission. Server didn't have the soundmod, so no play.

Heh.

My free time is looking good today, so I may consider a "from scratch rebuild" just to make certain.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 06/18/11 07:30 PM

Campaign #7 update: Mission rebuilt from ground up. Added and removed a few items here and there for some excitement.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 07/10/11 01:35 AM

Update for 11 July

Allied forces have been sweeping eastward, and most SLA forces in southern Sahrani are in full retreat. Guarding the approach to northern Sahrani is the town of Corazol, occupied by Russian forces since the start of the conflict.

Though the Russians have been working to fortify Corazol in anticipation of a climactic battle there, your team is well-poised to conduct a surprise raid and strike several strategic objectives deep within the town. A successful raid will help soften the town for the main attacking force.

The team will be conducting a late night HALO jump from a C-130 orbiting the town, and strike three objectives in and around the town: a power substation, an artillery battery, and a command post.

Given the importance of the raid, the team is being provided with some special resources, including two AH-6J attack choppers and a sniper element.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 07/13/11 06:55 PM

Campaign Mission #9 Preview:

The progress in Corazol has slowed as the urban combat has increased. Early pushes by Allied forces have encountered numerous ambushes, further slowing the advance.

Within the last 2 hours, a Stryker team met an ambush as it moved to recapture territory reclaimed by Russian and Russian backed local forces. While the Stryker has become disabled on the road at the point of the ambush, all but one member of the crew has managed to escape capture and return to base. The fate of this missing soldier is unknown at this early stage.

Your group is tasked to move and secure the area around the disabled Stryker. Search for the missing soldier, and finally, destroy the disabled Stryker to prevent it from falling into enemy hands.

Parallel assaults by US Special Forces and US Marines (via beach landing in the southern bay) will be simultaneous with your actions.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 08/08/11 01:45 PM

Campaign Mission #10 Preview:

The battle for Corazol concludes.

Allied forces have stabilized the western half of Corazol, and have managed a foot hold to the east of the city as well, landing by sea and interrupting the flow of men and material in (and out) of the city.

The remnants of SLA and Russian support are scattered in the old DMZ area that divides the city in half, and infantry/armor who are in support of the cities former commander, a Russian officer who is believed to still be in the city.

With the officer trapped between a wedge of Allied forces, your group will sweep through the old DMZ, and make a raid on the enemy HQ.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 08/09/11 03:32 AM

Campaign Mission #10 completed!

With the close of mission #10, "Phase One" of the Sahrani Campaign has come to a close. But it's not over.

We're hoping to roll out "Phase Two" of the Sahrani Campaign after a break, with a target resume date in early October. That'll give the missions team to plan and build a nice set to continue on through the island.

Watch this space for the announcement on Phase Two.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 10/08/11 01:55 PM

Sahrani Campaign "Phase Two" Begins:

Campaign Mission 11 Preview:

The northern part of Sahrani is more heavily entrenched with SLA men and materiel, though in many cases less solidly supported by Russian motives.

The primary allied infantry push will be straight up from Corazol to Bagango, where the SLA base their command of the region. However, there are critical challenges to this action, chiefly in the efforts to remove mines and IEDs which have been scattered through the area. The search and removal of these weapons has been carried out by armed private contractors.

A primary source of these explosives (and SLA backed paramilitary planting them) has been traced to a mountainous village called Valor.

Your group, private contractors from the ION corporation, is charged to eliminate this threat. Working on intel that reports a lookout is being maintained on the road south from Valor, silencing this post will be a first priority. From there, move in for an up close assessment of Valor. Civilians are known to be present in the area, though perhaps complicit or even participating in the manufacture of the explosives.

All hostiles are to be eliminated. All materiels on site are to be destroyed.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 10/08/11 05:44 PM

Excellent!
Posted By: TankerWade

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 10/09/11 09:23 PM

ION Corp! We've got our Eye...on you...

(couldn't resist)

Very excited for the campaign!

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 10/12/11 07:29 PM

Sahrani Campaign Mission 12 Preview:

Mine and IED clearing operations continue to open a path north from Corazol.

Your US Marine Corp squad is positioned on the road north, and is tasked to clear two enemy strongpoints guarding the roads to Obregan and Mercalillo.

Furthermore, along the road to Mercalillo is a small field HQ supporting a ZSU. This point is providing aerial defense for a considerable massing of armor in Mercalillo. From this position, enemy armor can swing south and east to drive back infantry pushes from Corazol. Your group must succeed in breaking through the initial air defenses for this region.

Posted By: Taosenai

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 10/12/11 08:56 PM

Man, we can never just go around the strongpoints!

copter

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 10/12/11 09:17 PM

Ocean on the left, mountains on the right.

WE MUST PRESS THROUGH!

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 10/17/11 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Taosenai
Man, we can never just go around the strongpoints!

copter

Strongpoints are good for the bad guys, which means they are good for us smile The tip of the spear usually doesn't want to leave active troops on their six as they advance!

tanksalot

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 10/19/11 05:40 PM

SimHQ Sahrani Campaign 13 Preview:

US Army and ION contractor units clearing the way to Mercalillo have been pushed back by an unexpected advance of armor. One US Army group which had been tasked to destroy an AA emplacement is presumed killed or captured, with no further contact since the enemy advance.

Overnight, the SLA commanders have maximized their push by setting up armor strongpoints defending the approach to Mercalillo and Obregan, laying minefields, and reestablishing AA coverage for the region.

To our advantage, this action has dispersed the enemies defensive armor and AA concentration into smaller, less well defended groups.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 10/20/11 02:17 PM

Sweet. I'm always worried about the quality of AI support, though! lol

"Help me out, A-10!"

"Nah man, just gonna fly in circles over here, you have fun now."

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 10/20/11 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Taosenai
Sweet. I'm always worried about the quality of AI support, though! lol

"Help me out, A-10!"

"Nah man, just gonna fly in circles over here, you have fun now."

No kidding smile

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 10/20/11 06:05 PM

Make it more realistic, put the commander hiding in a ditch. biggrin

The Jedi Master

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 10/26/11 02:07 PM

Sahrani Campaign mission #14 Preview:

While the area north of Obregan is now securly held following intense enemy armor pushes, Bagango is still a hot spot for enemy armor.

Your US Army infantry group is positioned north of Obregan and is tasked to sweep and clear the small group of residences immediately to your north where enemy infantry are reportedly attempting to recover intel from civilians.

Next, move north into the high ground and provide intel for the A-10 flight (2 playable aircraft) that is providing close air support for your group, pointing out AA threats and enemy armor in the region south of Bagango for air strikes.

Finally, your group is to move into the old factory and secure the facility. US Marine Corp units will reinforce this position from coast west after you report it clear.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 10/26/11 03:35 PM

ooooo sounds like a fun one!

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 10/26/11 04:15 PM

Human A-10s YESSSSSSSS. Love that brrrrrt.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 11/11/11 04:41 PM

Sahrani Campaign mission 15 Preview:

In an attempt to slow the allied progress from Corazol, a group of mobile artillery pieces has been assembled in the mountains north of Mercalillo. Shelling of allied territory has been constant, with the artillery moving every few hours. A Predator drone has provided the current location for your assault, but has cleared the area due to AAA activity.

Your USMC infantry group is operating from the port at Corazol, and will make a beach landing to clear an outpost still clinging in Corazol, and then move into the mountains to destroy the artillery guns.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 11/11/11 06:22 PM

I love a good trip to the beach!

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 11/21/11 04:33 AM

Sahrani Campaign Mission 16 Preview:

Operation SKY LADDER:

Your team has been assigned the special task of rescuing the US Marines held by insurgents, conducting a HALO jump from an MC-130 Combat Talon. Your team must infiltrate the base itself, eliminate any enemy personnel on site, and locate the US Marines.

For a quick evac from the scene, two MH-60 are standing by to fly directly into the compound upon receiving your call, and fly your team and the rescued soldiers to the nearby carrier.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 11/21/11 07:19 AM

ooooooooooooo thats gonna be fun!

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 11/21/11 01:54 PM

There's a church in the middle of that forest.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 11/21/11 02:02 PM

It could be a cemetary.

The Jedi Master

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 11/28/11 01:49 AM

Sahrani Campaign Mission 17 Preview:

Your USMC infantry group is in place on the south side of Bagango, in allied territory. Your first objective is the secure the arms cache to the west of town, and eliminate any enemy presence. This will also provide security for your second objective, raiding the compound in the hilltop mansion north of town.

The compound is expected to be well defended since Dimitri Ivanov, the former enemy commander in Bagango, has reportedly been cutoff from his lines of support and is hiding there. The weather is also heavy and forecast to get worse within the hour, which is denying Ivanov a quick helicopter evacuation. A move to capture this commander, if possible, is critical at this time.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 11/28/11 03:49 PM

Alright lets get that guy!
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 12/05/11 08:31 PM

Ok so no grenades near the enemy commander. Got it!

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 12/18/11 08:18 PM

Sahrani Campaign Mission 18 Preview:

While most of the action in pursuing SLA forces is on the central and eastern part of Northern Sahrani, the western coasts still have low profile SLA and insurgent activities that are being addressed.

One such example is the town of Pacamac, where SLA forces have quietly been operating a listening post from within the quiet, remote town.

Your British Army patrol group is outfitted with two Jackals plus unarmed transports. You'll have to clear the checkpoints along your patrol route, and eliminate enemy activity in Pacamac. You are clear to engage any enemy forces you encounter in this region.

This mission was created by Meatshield, thanks!

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 12/19/11 03:22 AM

Plenty of interesting approaches on that terrain.
Posted By: saghen

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 12/19/11 03:29 AM

Did anybody proofread the spelling in the mission notes? exitstageleft WinkNGrin

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 12/19/11 04:58 AM

oi shush you! hahaha

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 01/06/12 08:21 PM

Sahrani Campaign Mission 19 Preview:

Continued advances by allied forces have pushed the SLA and Insurgent factions farther north, and into scattered defensive positions. A primary objective is to eliminate clusters of enemy materiel when located, before it can be organized more effectively for defense.

Eponia is a small and fairly remote town, and has been reasonably quiet through this conflict. However, recent intel indicates that the SLA have massed half a dozen or so heavy armor units in this town, likely in preparation for transport to support the remaining SLA territory and command farther east. This photograph shows what is believed to be the T-72s hidden in town. Minimal support and defensive forces have been observed, perhaps in an effort to avoid drawing attention to the operation.

Your USMC infantry group is tasked to locate and destroy these tanks, while avoiding damage to the civilian population and property surrounding them.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 01/07/12 04:33 AM

Alright lets get after them..

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 01/15/12 11:28 PM

Sahrani Campaign Mission 20 Preview:

As the majority of remaining SLA activity has centralized in the far north east of Sahrani, the main force of the allied effort has followed. A new threat has emerged to the west, however. A civilian chemist who had been held captive by the SLA was freed by allied forces last night. The scientist reports that while imprisoned he was forced to provide technical assistance for SLA military agents working to arm scud launchers with chemical weapons.

These scuds have been reported moving into the forest area near the Cabo Indice peninsula. Your USMC infantry group and UAV support operator are located on the mountainous valley road south of Mataredo.

Your task is to scan the whole of the region in search of these scud launchers. If they are confirmed to exist, then move to sanitize the surrounding area of all enemy forces.

Only after the area is secured, radio for the technical team to fly in low from the north and take over the equipment.

DUE TO THE LETHALITY OF THE CHEMICAL WARHEADS, IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THE EQUIPMENT BE PROTECTED UNTIL THE TECHNICAL TEAM IS ON SITE.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 01/16/12 03:54 AM

SCUD huntin', yeehaw.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 01/16/12 10:07 AM

sounds like a fun one!

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 01/18/12 05:26 PM

Posting this on behalf of Meatshield who built the mission for us. Thanks Meat!

Sahrani Campaign Mission 21 Preview:

The allied campaign for Sahrani has pushed the enemy to the farthest two towns on the north and east coast, Pita and Masbete. Only the hardline SLA leadership continue to hold out

Its belived that the last Russian general commanding north east Sahrani has planned to flee using two Russian helicopters disguised in UN colours. A US Force Recon team has been deployed to the area to prevent this from happening.

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 01/18/12 05:37 PM

bit of a pita this one guys!!

WinkNGrin

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 01/18/12 09:36 PM

Guess there's no long way around for this one...

Re: 2011 Sahrani Campaign - 02/06/12 02:40 PM

Sahrani Campaign Mission 22 Preview:

The long hard fight across Sahrani has nearly come to and end. All that remains is to remove whats left of the russian resistence who have dug in at the town of Masbete. US Marines have been tasked with that challange.

© 2024 SimHQ Forums