homepage

ACE 2 Key Bindings

Posted By: Dirt_Diver

ACE 2 Key Bindings - 01/04/10 05:21 AM

With the ACE 2 mod soon to appear on the SimHQ servers, there's a file that you'll probably have to configure for yourself ... the ACE 2 keyboard bindings. They're found in your ArmA 2/userconfig/ACE folder. The file is called ace_keys.hpp. You'll have to find about 15 free keys which is tough because ArmA2 uses about 164 commands smile Here's a little spreadsheet I made to keep track of what I have set in my ace_keys.hpp file. The settings themselves are not recommended since they're based around the other keys I have customised, but the chart at least shows you what commands are available.

The injury/bleeding/health/medic system is REALLY good in ACE 2 ... make sure your "Interact" key is working. I've seen posts about people having trouble with the default (Windows) key that the interact key is set to.

Also, don't forget to back up your ace_keys.hpp file in case a subsequent update overwrites it.

Posted By: fatty

Re: ACE 2 Key Bindings - 01/04/10 05:50 AM

The defaults (in plain English!) can be found here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Keybindings_for_ACE2
Posted By: gatordev

Re: ACE 2 Key Bindings - 01/05/10 12:44 AM

What does the Panic Button do? Does that make my car horn go off?
Posted By: Dirt_Diver

Re: ACE 2 Key Bindings - 01/05/10 05:05 AM

Fatty, you no likey my Anglish? wink I've also seen that default list but it looks a bit out of date since it's missing a few things. Also, a number of the default key settings interfere with even the default ArmA keyboard settings.

Gatordev, the Panic button is in the stamina class. I've never tried it but from what I'm gathering off the net, if you collapse after running too much (or whatever?), you can press this button and the ACE mod will "forget" your current state of exhaustion for a number of seconds so that you can run for cover. It also sets off any car alarms in the area to distract the enemy smile
Posted By: fatty

Re: ACE 2 Key Bindings - 01/05/10 04:54 PM

Not your English - I'm talking about the default bindings as displayed in ace_keys.hpp.
Posted By: norm

Re: ACE 2 Key Bindings - 09/01/11 01:53 AM

Hey, I am haveing the problem with the windows keys, anyone know How i fix this or how I can re-map it?
Posted By: Punisher5555

Re: ACE 2 Key Bindings - 09/01/11 01:02 PM

Wait.. What??? We are switching to ACE2?

I haven't seen any posts on the subject.

If so are we waiting for the next ACE2 release that is supposed to fix the super slow loading?

What about the 1.60 ArmA2 patch that will be out soon and it's interaction with ACE2? (Check the BIS forum beta thread with Suma's response. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=124448 )

Alot going on there.

Posted By: Magnum

Re: ACE 2 Key Bindings - 09/01/11 01:08 PM

look at the dates people! (don't know why some have to re-vive old, out-dated post)

This was before we tried ACE2, which we quickly did not like and removed.
Posted By: norm

Re: ACE 2 Key Bindings - 09/01/11 01:13 PM

the only reason I resurrected this post was I saw someone mentioned the problem I'm having, so I guess I just decided to put my question in a thread that already mentions (in passing) my problem... Sorry, it didn't occur to me to look at the date. sigh
© 2024 SimHQ Forums