DCS F-18C - 05/30/18 07:44 PM

Whoopee!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: - Ice

Re: DCS F-18C - 05/30/18 09:13 PM

Nice!! Can I request a shot of it fully loaded for A-G with whatever fancy ordnance is currently available? And wing tanks too! I don't suppose there's a Tophatters skin yet? Tom? smile
Posted By: malibu43

Re: DCS F-18C - 05/30/18 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by - Ice
Nice!! Can I request a shot of it fully loaded for A-G with whatever fancy ordnance is currently available? And wing tanks too! I don't suppose there's a Tophatters skin yet? Tom? smile

Whoa there buddy! I just barely managed to push the throttle forward and get it off a runway. And you want me to hang explosives all over it already?!?!? biggrin

... Yes... Yes, I will try this later...

Re: DCS F-18C - 05/31/18 12:16 AM

Man those are ugly drop tanks...

[Linked Image]

These are better...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: DCS F-18C - 05/31/18 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by malibu43
Man those are ugly drop tanks...

What drop tanks? I can't see any drop tanks! wink

Sweet pics but the simple gray skin just feels a bit bland. How many skins came with the Hornet release? I think this jet is just like the Su-27/Su-33 that looks even sexier with certain paintjobs. I think Tom will be busy over the next few days! biggrin

Re: DCS F-18C - 05/31/18 03:17 AM

It came with quite a few skins. I'd have to count them. I heard there's quite a few from Skatezilla posted at ED also...
Posted By: Arthonon

Re: DCS F-18C - 05/31/18 04:33 AM

Nice shots! Thanks for posting them, I didn't know it had been released yet, so I went and downloaded it.

Here's a few of my shots - very simple, but I think it's just fun to have an F/A-18 to fly, because I live about 1.5 miles from Miramar, where multiple Marine Corps F/A-18 squadrons are based, and I see them all the time.

These are fairly high res, too big to attach, so I'm just putting in links.

http://www.techflyer.net/simhq/screenshots/DCS/2/DCS%202018-05-30%2019-33-19-79.png

http://www.techflyer.net/simhq/screenshots/DCS/2/DCS%202018-05-30%2019-34-07-34.png

http://www.techflyer.net/simhq/screenshots/DCS/2/DCS%202018-05-30%2019-47-07-97.png
Posted By: mdwa

Re: DCS F-18C - 05/31/18 04:38 AM

Nice shots guys. Keen to hear reviews when they start coming out.

I hope they fix/implement the ATC for the carrier soon. Watching the Case 1 recovery vid by Wags I was a bit disappointing no comms from the LSO, no call the ball etc.

Does it have the ACLS implemented? Or is that Superhornet only?

Re: DCS F-18C - 05/31/18 07:48 AM

To be honest, that drop tank camo just looked.... wrong. Never liked the digital camo version but IIRC there is a blue camo that looks good.

Sweet pics, Arthonon. Is it just me or does a clean F/A-18 look odd? Same for a clean F-16, it just looks too skinny, too fragile. I like them to mean business, so drop tanks and some ground ordnance and it just looks so much better.
Posted By: Arthonon

Re: DCS F-18C - 05/31/18 04:26 PM

To be honest, that drop tank camo just looked.... wrong. Never liked the digital camo version but IIRC there is a blue camo that looks good.

Sweet pics, Arthonon. Is it just me or does a clean F/A-18 look odd? Same for a clean F-16, it just looks too skinny, too fragile. I like them to mean business, so drop tanks and some ground ordnance and it just looks so much better.

Thanks. I think when viewed from above, the Hornet looks beefy even when empty, but yeah, from the front or side, it does look a little, I don't know, skinny or something.
Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: DCS F-18C - 05/31/18 04:57 PM

OK, the Tophatters Skin is just being petty!

biggrin

And good things come to those who wait...a lot. For now we just get the USMC version; they can't afford all the shiny toys the USN can wink

smile

Also, the missing high-res tank textures are a known issue with this version of DCS, the digi-cam is just a (well planned?) stand in texture. (I suspect most comments above about them are in jest, but wanted to level set that for folks).

Re: DCS F-18C - 05/31/18 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE
[quote=- Ice]
Also, the missing high-res tank textures are a known issue with this version of DCS, the digi-cam is just a (well planned?) stand in texture. (I suspect most comments above about them are in jest, but wanted to level set that for folks).

Got it. So what you're saying is to stop wasting pylons on fuel tanks and hang more bombs! Understood! biggrin

Re: DCS F-18C - 05/31/18 06:25 PM

Got it. So what you're saying is to stop wasting pylons on fuel tanks and hang more bombs! Understood! biggrin

You got a funny way of understanding things, but I'm not complaining!! biggrin
Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: DCS F-18C - 05/31/18 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE
[quote=- Ice]

Exactly. "Extra fuel is for tankers and sissys" as I like to say!
Posted By: Pooch

Re: DCS F-18C - 06/01/18 12:43 AM

"I think Tom will be busy over the next few days!"

Actually, I seem to remember Tom saying no to buying this airplane. He sounds as though he's pretty much done with DCS and moved over to BOS.

Re: DCS F-18C - 06/01/18 12:49 PM

More bombs

[Linked Image]

Re: DCS F-18C - 06/01/18 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pooch
"I think Tom will be busy over the next few days!"

Actually, I seem to remember Tom saying no to buying this airplane. He sounds as though he's pretty much done with DCS and moved over to BOS.

I may be wrong but the skins he does for WWII birds in DCS, he does not own the aircraft but rather uses AI assets to showcase his work.
Posted By: Rambler

Re: DCS F-18C - 06/01/18 08:33 PM

[Linked Image]

The AAF called, they want their drop tanks back.

For those who have no clue what I'm talking about: https://arma3.com/news/aaf-reinforcements-pack-for-arma3

Re: DCS F-18C - 06/01/18 08:56 PM

How did they know there were drop tanks there??? biggrin

Re: DCS F-18C - 06/02/18 03:58 PM

I'm amazed at how nice this looks and how well it runs on my laptop..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: DCS F-18C - 06/02/18 04:20 PM

No crew on deck? Nice to still see some hardware on the deck and not just the player's aircraft! Nice to see some ordnance on your wings too! biggrin biggrin biggrin
© 2024 SimHQ Forums