Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3627484 - 08/16/12 02:19 PM IL-2 1946 abruptly stopping  
BlackEagle Offline
BlackEagle  Offline

USA
I would like to know if anyone else has experienced the problem of flying 3rd party add-on campaigns (Ace of Spades, Fortress Europe & The Few 1940...all d/l'd from M4T) cutting out and going to desktop AFTER installing Team Daidalos 4.11.1 patch confused
The mission would start normal, then 1/4-1/2 thru screen would cut out and go to an over sized desktop (looking like I had the 800x600 pixel settings)

I d/l'd these campaigns 6-7 months ago and have had no problem playing them.

Any help/input/thoughts/opinions/suggestions

Thanks
BE

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3627693 - 08/16/12 07:35 PM Re: IL-2 1946 abruptly stopping [Re: BlackEagle]  
Tolwyn Offline
Tolwyn  Offline

WA, United States
My guess is the campaigns you downloaded require a MODIFICATION.

Make sure you read the readme's and see if there are MOD requirements that you may not have.

My personal licensing agreement: In exchange for my hard-earned cash for your product, you agree to the following terms: No part of my hardware may be used as a mechanism to verify or reverify my economical patronage. My receipt will serve that purpose. If you disagree with this license, you may return my money to me, and I'll return your product. \:\)
#3627836 - 08/17/12 12:00 AM Re: IL-2 1946 abruptly stopping [Re: BlackEagle]  
Taxman Offline
Taxman  Offline

Portland, OR USA
What Tolwyn is saying. I just checked and Ace of Spades is for DBW 1.71, don't think it would work well in 4.11.1. I learned that lesson long ago, if a campaign is made for a MOD it usually would not work very well on an unmodded version ie 4.11.1. nope

Last edited by Taxman; 08/17/12 12:01 AM.

Taxes are my part time profession, flying is my passion.
#3627887 - 08/17/12 01:55 AM Re: IL-2 1946 abruptly stopping [Re: BlackEagle]  
BlackEagle Offline
BlackEagle  Offline

USA
@Taxman & Tolwyn,
I double checked and the name of the campaign is The Ace of Spades, I forgot to add "the" It's for non-modded version of IL-2 up to version 4.10. I just deleted and reinstalled the campaign file, the same thing happened, so I installed a different 3rd party campaign "Spitfire MkVb 1941" AGAIN the same thing happen. So I think I may have a virus effecting the whole sim sigh and it's HEAVILY modded with 3rd party add-ons.

Thanks all the same.

BE

#3628021 - 08/17/12 12:29 PM Re: IL-2 1946 abruptly stopping [Re: BlackEagle]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Before you do anything drastic, try running a "New" campaign in the DCG vanilla version and see if you have the same problem and like others have said it may be that certain Mods are required and it just won't run past ver.4.0x, usually there's a read me with details on what a Campaign needs to run and that might be in the root folder. Now with the addition of soo many things in Il-2 it's entirely possible they just won't work for various reasons. Usually a static object missing wont crash it but missing Aircraft and Features will. The rez changing is a little different but that could be the game trying to load an image that just isn't there. I doubt you have a virus IL-2 doesn't need registry entries to run but scan it with your AV if you're really worried and try to work by elimination. If you are running in a modded state remove all but the essentials and gradually add things till you have an issue. You can do this either through the JSGME if you use that or by going into the mod folder and putting a "-" in front of the folder name, sometimes Mods conflict with each other and create some pretty weird problems.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#3628449 - 08/18/12 12:46 AM Re: IL-2 1946 abruptly stopping [Re: BlackEagle]  
BlackEagle Offline
BlackEagle  Offline

USA
@KRT_Bong,
All the campaigns I'm running are for the NON-MOD version (no UltraPack, Dark Blue World or HSFX), they are for the standard IL-2 patched to 4.11. The RAF campaigns have all been played before with no problems (before I installed 4.11.1 patch), the 3rd party add-ons are a/c skins only (other than the campaigns). I flew one mission under the USAAF campaign (20FG Campaign), flew the entire mission with no problems, I'll fly another mission--same campaign--and see what happens, also will fly Luftwaffe add-on campaigns just to test those. I switched the graphics mode to DIRECT X when this problem occurred, so I switched back to OPEN GL (thinking that might be the problem) nope, same thing happened.

Also, I have installed a vanilla version (4.07m) of the game as I'm in the process of setting up that version for Dark Blue World (still in process of d/ling all 19 parts of the superpack) I wonder if that might be having an effect also, even though I've changed the file name (current version: IL-2 Strumovik 1946) (vanilla version: IL-2 1946 Dark Blue World).

I do not know what JSGME is?

BE

UPDATE: Just flew USAAF campaign (as stated above), flew entire mission and no problems. Loaded Luftwaffe Pilot_Battle of Britain campaign, flew 1st mission, almost arrived at target before game cut out.

Last edited by BlackEagle; 08/18/12 03:11 AM.
#3629098 - 08/19/12 01:27 PM Re: IL-2 1946 abruptly stopping [Re: BlackEagle]  
Vooper Offline
Vooper  Offline

BlackEagle,

I had problems similar to what You described while flying offline campaign missions, namely the simulator exiting to desktop and reporting an opengl32.dll related error. When the CTD didn't happen during the mission, it happened when pressing the 'Save Track' option after the mission. The workaround is to start recording a .ntrk file just as the mission starts (hit ESC when the mission starts and then select the 'Save Track' option or assign a key or a cobination thereof to the 'Record track' function and just press that as the mission starts) and campaign missions should go right back to working flawlessly. It's a great patch and I'm sure TD will fix this little quirk in the next one. Enjoy smile.

#3629244 - 08/19/12 05:18 PM Re: IL-2 1946 abruptly stopping [Re: BlackEagle]  
Tolwyn Offline
Tolwyn  Offline

WA, United States
Just FYI, the Save TRK is no longer supported. Only the packet-recorder NTRK format is supported.

My personal licensing agreement: In exchange for my hard-earned cash for your product, you agree to the following terms: No part of my hardware may be used as a mechanism to verify or reverify my economical patronage. My receipt will serve that purpose. If you disagree with this license, you may return my money to me, and I'll return your product. \:\)
#3629462 - 08/20/12 12:16 AM Re: IL-2 1946 abruptly stopping [Re: Vooper]  
BlackEagle Offline
BlackEagle  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Vooper
BlackEagle,

I had problems similar to what You described while flying offline campaign missions, namely the simulator exiting to desktop and reporting an opengl32.dll related error. When the CTD didn't happen during the mission, it happened when pressing the 'Save Track' option after the mission. The workaround is to start recording a .ntrk file just as the mission starts (hit ESC when the mission starts and then select the 'Save Track' option or assign a key or a cobination thereof to the 'Record track' function and just press that as the mission starts) and campaign missions should go right back to working flawlessly. It's a great patch and I'm sure TD will fix this little quirk in the next one. Enjoy smile.

@Vooper...Thanks for the tip, tried it, did not work.

@Towlyn...Thanks for the FYI, I'm just going have to uninstall the entire sim and and patch it to 4.11. I still believe 4.11.1 patch is causing the problems I'm having. Everything was fine before this patch.

Thanks again for the help salute
BE

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.